CHEAP CAR-HIRE

Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

calmseas is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CHEAP CAR-HIRE

Hi wanting to hire a car for a mth pick up from Murcia airport anyone know of any good deals Thankyou in advance for replies
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: CHEAP CAR-HIRE

Originally Posted by calmseas
Hi wanting to hire a car for a mth pick up from Murcia airport anyone know of any good deals Thankyou in advance for replies
i just did a quick google search and found this http://www.easycar.com/car-hire/spai...fwwntaodah2raq
says from 7 pounds a day

i just did murcia airport car rental in the search . comes up with alot of options. i am not from there sorry so i couldnt be more helpful. but maybe one of those link could help.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Try doyouspain.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

calmseas is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for both replies will go have a look now and let you know how I get on
Old Apr 30th 2012, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Check out what the 'extras' might be - especially the fuel policy. If it is a full-empty fuel policy then you can probably add around 100euros to the price. They will charge you at least a 60% markup on the fuel cost and I have heard of even higher, plus you are very likely to leave some fuel in the tank for which you have paid but will get no refund. That's the way a lot of the cheaper headline price companies make it up. Also check exactly what insurance cover you get, most 'standard' policies are pretty minimal and the excess charges very high, even most 'full' cover policies do not cover things like tyres, underbody and glass. the extra 2,90 per day doesn't sound like much but it adds up rapidly. They charge for extras like a wounded rhino. Remember , if it looks too good to be true then it probably is. Currently there is a shortfall of around 20,000 cars for rental since Auriga Crown went bust so cheap car hire may be hard to find.
All those cheap prices are mainly 'bait' and you only find out the true cost when you get to the pick-up point by which time it is too late and all you want to do is get to your accommodation. You may guess I have been stung a couple of times even by the bigger names.

When booking through an agent I often phone the end rentco to check on the extras and will cancel if they are too much.

As long as you have your eyes open then good luck to you but beware the spivs have moved into this market too.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Hired a car with Avis when back in the uk recently.
They said to me that there was no obligation to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.
What they didn't tell me though, was that they charge over £150 to refill it if you bring it back empty (over £3 per litre). It was all in the Ts and Cs, but like MikeJ said, when you get to the desk you just want to collect the keys and be on your way.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 1:15 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

We have found Goldcar to be the best, no hidden charges.
Old May 1st 2012, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
We have found Goldcar to be the best, no hidden charges.
Used Goldcar from Malaga - they have a full-empty fuel policy, charged 120euros for a full tank. I wouldn't call that the best! Fortunately I was able to get back to the airport on fumes.
Old May 1st 2012, 2:05 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me another which charges less per litre for fuel?
Old May 1st 2012, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by missile
Tell me another which charges less per litre for fuel?
If you use a full-to-full rentco then you can choose your own garage to get fuel at whatever price is the cheapest. The rentco in effect where charging over 2,00euros per litre + plus the cost of the fuel left in the tank (since you have paid for it and don't get a refund).
I know some people are happy with a return empty as they don't have the hassle of filling up before leaving, but should be aware how much the hidden costs are.
Old May 1st 2012, 6:21 pm
Started off with nothing

You need to consider the all in cost of the hire, insurance surcharges et al. Last rental, I paid 273,00 euros all in for 15 days and a full tank of diesel in a group D car. Can you better that?