Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Good news for women everywhere!

Good news for women everywhere!

Old Oct 4th 2012, 12:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good news for women everywhere!

Nissan car drives and parks itself at Ceatec
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

InkaJan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good news for women everywhere!

Hi Matt - system wont allow me to pm you until I have made 3 replies so am using this first one to ask about a 'free beer thread' you mentioned a few years ago [it came up in a google search on drought free plants in spain]. you mention you have a list of such plants and garden plans etc. and I wondered if you could direct me to the 'free beer thread' as I can't find it! Much appreciated, regards
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Nothing new,they've been experimenting with such things longer than I can remember,but the plain truth is they're still a million miles from becoming an every day sight on the roads.
Bit of good publicity though.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InkaJan
Hi Matt - system wont allow me to pm you until I have made 3 replies so am using this first one to ask about a 'free beer thread' you mentioned a few years ago [it came up in a google search on drought free plants in spain]. you mention you have a list of such plants and garden plans etc. and I wondered if you could direct me to the 'free beer thread' as I can't find it! Much appreciated, regards
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Free Beer is at the top of the Spain Forum.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InkaJan
Find it on here.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422251

Near the top of the list.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 6:55 am
Just Joined

InkaJan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosemary
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Free Beer is at the top of the Spain Forum.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Many thanks Rosemary, much appreciated. We are wanting to plant some shrubs around our boundaries to give us some privacy and wondered if there was any plant as well as oleander that requires no watering once established. We are always in UK July-Sept and are on tanker water so can't use a watering system. Trying to find out if bougainvillea would be suitable or any others. Thank you.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Nothing new,they've been experimenting with such things longer than I can remember,but the plain truth is they're still a million miles from becoming an every day sight on the roads.
Bit of good publicity though.
They´re getting there, my VW parks itself, no conventional handbrake, it applies it all automatically. Pulling away on a steep hill has never been easier.
Talking of good news for women, just read this headline this morning,
Dimite un alto cargo de Empleo que dijo que "las leyes son como las mujeres, están para violarlas"
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
They´re getting there, my VW parks itself, no conventional handbrake, it applies it all automatically. Pulling away on a steep hill has never been easier.
Talking of good news for women, just read this headline this morning,
Dimite un alto cargo de Empleo que dijo que "las leyes son como las mujeres, están para violarlas"
A high-ranking politician has been forced to resign for saying in a meeting that laws are like women, made to be violated.

Good news indeed, but bad news that sickos like this are still alive and well and running this country.

Last edited by Pocaloca; Oct 6th 2012 at 9:28 am. Reason: misquote
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
A high-ranking politician has been forced to resign for saying in a meeting that laws are like women, made to be violated.

Good news indeed, but bad news that sickos like this are still alive and well and running this country.
Yes, and of course when referring to people, especially women, violar translates as rape. What you said at the end is pretty much what someone was saying on the net. Machismo is still very much alive.
es un comentario propio de la clase política que tenemos en este pais, y propio de mentalidades retrogadas, fascistas y vergonzosas como son las del partido político que gobierna en España. Amiguete, eres un SINVERGUENZA.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 12:07 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Pocaloca

So who was it ?
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So who was it ?
It's all in the link I gave.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 2:47 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

This is how to parallel park