British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Good luck to ManaMama!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/good-luck-manamama-685216/)

steviedeluxe Sep 13th 2010 8:00 pm

Good luck to ManaMama!!

Is it this week you + family are heading back to Blighty? Wrap up warm, nights are starting to get cooler. Good luck, and I hope it all goes smoothly for you! :thumbsup:

paintermujer Sep 15th 2010 2:12 pm

Re: Good luck to ManaMama!!

Yes, the very best to you all.

Dont forget to report back sometime.:fingerscrossed:

Sam Greenfield Sep 15th 2010 5:03 pm

Good luck and every success wherever you are heading xxxxx

manamama Sep 15th 2010 8:18 pm

Wow..cool..a thread about me!

Thank for your well wishes. We´re leaving Asturias on Monday and I am feeling quite excited but apprehensive.

Asturias is so beautiful and I do love it but...it´s just so hard to be a foreigner here and I just don´t like the feeling of being an outsider.

Another reason is for our eldest daughter. She has really struggled to settle and doesn´t like it here. She came to Spain when she was 9 (now nearly 12) which I think with hindsight was too old. She has a strong character and has dug her heels and not integrated well. :(

Now she is so much more happier because we are returning. I took her to England in July and she loved it and she is so excited to go back and see her friends and go to an English school.

Anyway, we do not regret coming because we have got so much out of it..in terms of friendship and experiences. We have made some great friends..

A few were quite upset when we told them that we are going which surprised me. Those that have become really good friends we plan to come and visit them..My 8 year old has a special best friend. They are like two peas in a pod. They are both set up for msn-ing. I have told her that I will bring her to visit her friend - luckily Easyjet do cheap flights from Stansted so it´s not going to be so expensive to come for a quick visit.

So thanks again..and I will stick around on the forum...hopefully I will have good news about jobs to share.:fingerscrossed:

JLFS Sep 16th 2010 8:31 am

Originally Posted by manamama (Post 8851194)

Thank for your well wishes. We´re leaving Asturias on Monday and I am feeling quite excited but apprehensive.

Asturias is so beautiful and I do love it but...it´s just so hard to be a foreigner here and I just don´t like the feeling of being an outsider.

Another reason is for our eldest daughter. She has really struggled to settle and doesn´t like it here. She came to Spain when she was 9 (now nearly 12) which I think with hindsight was too old. She has a strong character and has dug her heels and not integrated well. :(

Now she is so much more happier because we are returning. I took her to England in July and she loved it and she is so excited to go back and see her friends and go to an English school.

Anyway, we do not regret coming because we have got so much out of it..in terms of friendship and experiences. We have made some great friends..

A few were quite upset when we told them that we are going which surprised me. Those that have become really good friends we plan to come and visit them..My 8 year old has a special best friend. They are like two peas in a pod. They are both set up for msn-ing. I have told her that I will bring her to visit her friend - luckily Easyjet do cheap flights from Stansted so it´s not going to be so expensive to come for a quick visit.

So thanks again..and I will stick around on the forum...hopefully I will have good news about jobs to share.:fingerscrossed:

Dont stay away too long from the forum, your "earth mother" input is always welcome and helpful.

The only thing that worries me, is that as the UK is already a crowded island, with you and your brood arriving back, it just might be too much, and cause the country too sink.:rofl::rofl:

Good luck to you all.

JLFS Sep 16th 2010 8:32 am

Originally Posted by manamama (Post 8851194)

Dont stay away too long from the forum, your "earth mother" input is always welcome and helpful.

The only thing that worries me, is that as the UK is already a crowded island, with you and your brood arriving back, it just might be too much, and cause the country too sink.:rofl::rofl:

Good luck to you all.

HBG Sep 16th 2010 9:22 am

Your three years here won't have been wasted and provide you with long lasting memories.

We've had many friends and acquaintances who have returned to the UK and they have all settled back quite easily and now return for holidays.

Good luck.