Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

good areas to live kids??

good areas to live kids??

Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:12 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good areas to live kids??

Rent for a year in Spain, go through all seasons and then make up your mind.

You need to move for the weather? Here in Ayamonte we´ve had a good bit of rain & cold the last few days. The two weeks before that: Glorious! Temps up to 19-20 Celsius. In November it was quite cold, December warmish + rain. Oh, it´s a great place to live when you have kids. Good luck and keep us posted.

Maybe all the OP needs is to look at www.weather.com for her to decide where to move to.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

nicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the rough

thanks. We would definately rent to start with wherever we moved.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:29 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

A very important thing to consider when making the move, is the future job prospects of your oldest, what detrimental effect the move may have on his/her education.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicola27

I think we should agree to disagree.
I think it's inevitable we will. You sound as if you haven't done a huge amount of homework, or have a great knowledge of the country you want to move to. You might find it hard to believe, but most here offer their advice to help you avoid making the same mistakes many before you have made. But you're free to cherry pick just the good bits, just the bits you want to hear. Read some of these threads in depth, and as has been pointed, Spain can be a cold place in winter, especially with very little heating.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

nicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the roughnicola27 is a jewel in the rough

I did a HUGE amount of research into Oz, but, your right I have literally the last day or so started lookin into spain as an alternative option, which is why I posted on here as I have always had helpful replies in the past. Spain is an option for us to look into. I would never move blind as I have 2 children to consider. My research has only just begun. I'm still holding out for Oz but maybe in a couple of yrs time.

Last edited by nicola27; Feb 17th 2011 at 11:52 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agoreira
I think it's inevitable we will. You sound as if you haven't done a huge amount of homework, or have a great knowledge of the country you want to move to. You might find it hard to believe, but most here offer their advice to help you avoid making the same mistakes many before you have made. But you're free to cherry pick just the good bits, just the bits you want to hear. Read some of these threads in depth, and as has been pointed, Spain can be a cold place in winter, especially with very little heating.
I want to hear warts and all. I just dont think its fair for someone to judge wheather or not MY reasons and priorites for moving are right!! They will be right to the individual!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 12:04 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

I want to hear warts and all. I just dont think its fair for someone to judge wheather or not MY reasons and priorites for moving are right!! They will be right to the individual!
The idea of a public forum is to discuss and give opinions and to be able to give an opinion, the people who reply do have to "judge" so to speak.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

wwsr is an unknown quantity at this point

We are thinking of moving to spain with a 3 and 13 yr old. We have been looking into the murcia region but would like some other suggestions please. We dont want to be too far from the coast. Not looking for somewhere like barcelona we prefer a bit quieter but maybe a place with plenty of expats as we dont yet speak the language

Thanks
Hi Nicola,

We are moving (from Prague) into Moraira (video) with our 2 year old which is a place we like. The fact that Lady Elizabeth School is just a few mins drive was a tremendous bonus.

We were impressed when we visited the school and our little one will start pre-school in May. We also visited Xabia International College

Strangely enough we too were contemplating moving to Oz as I used to live there, but it's so far for the grandparents who are all in Europe so Spain was a good compromise.

More on Moraira
Moraira is a former fishing village on the Costa Blanca in the Province of Alicante. The World Health Organisation quoted this area as one of the healthiest in Europe mainly due to its climate and low pollution.

Rob

Last edited by wwsr; Feb 17th 2011 at 1:34 pm. Reason: more info added
Old Feb 17th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Rob. I will look into that. Its just the sort of info I was hoping I could get.

many thanks
Nicola
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:12 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wwsr
Hi Nicola,

More on Moraira
Moraira is a former fishing village on the Costa Blanca in the Province of Alicante. The World Health Organisation quoted this area as one of the healthiest in Europe mainly due to its climate and low pollution.

Rob
.. Moraira is now far from that. Over the last 20 years (since I've been visiting) it has grown from the small fishing village to somewhere that I really don't care for too much. It's full of foreigners for most of the year and even worse in the summer when it is also packed with tourists.

A real great shame!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:17 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
.. Moraira is now far from that. Over the last 20 years (since I've been visiting) it has grown from the small fishing village to somewhere that I really don't care for too much. It's full of foreigners for most of the year and even worse in the summer when it is also packed with tourists.

A real great shame!
it's true about the climate & lack of pollution though

even more so in winter when the place resembles a ghost town!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh

A real great shame!
I can't complain about foreigners, as I'm one of them, as are most people on this forum
We're buggers aren't we - not staying where we were born

Last edited by wwsr; Feb 17th 2011 at 4:33 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Rob. I will look into that. Its just the sort of info I was hoping I could get.

many thanks
Nicola
I'm pleased you found it helpful Nicola.
Good luck!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:22 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JLFS
The idea of a public forum is to discuss and give opinions and to be able to give an opinion, the people who reply do have to "judge" so to speak.
There's a difference between judging and reasoning in your head the awareness to voice an opinion. Ag man is always judging and rude. If you aint got money he aint got time for ya..
Old Feb 18th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
There's a difference between judging and reasoning in your head the awareness to voice an opinion. Ag man is always judging and rude. If you aint got money he aint got time for ya..
I`d be surprised if "ag man" has any himself ,he has told us he rents ,runs a cheap car and was once thinking about going autonomo ,not the comments of a high flyer guess he`s just insecure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.