Golf in Spain

Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Pambie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf in Spain

My husband and I are retiring to Spain next year.

We are still considering a variety of areas, but think the regions of Murcia, Almeria, or Valencia would suit us.

My husband is a keen golfer, and would wish to join a golf club that offers year round memberships, however, being on a pension we will not be able to afford exclusive/very expensive memberships, and are wondering if anyone knows of clubs offering annual membership, and a friendly club atmosphere, for those on relatively limited budgets.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:50 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf in Spain

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:23 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

There are many many courses to choose from and just like in the UK there is a range to suit everyone's taste and pocket. What is your budget?

I would suggest you need to view the areas and visit a few courses before deciding.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Pambie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply.
My husband pays about £500 per annum at the moment so we were hoping that we might find something at about the same price.
I know that the courses on the Costa del Sol are more expensive than this so we are hoping to find an area where we would be happy and golf is within our budget.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:47 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I can only comment regarding Costa Blanca. The course nearest me has a good social activity an active club who arrange tournaments and frequent visits to a.n.other courses much like any good club in the UK.

I would suggest Almeria will be cheaper and CDS more expensive.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give the OP an idea of how much they would expect to pay for a round, as a member.

I seem to recall that the costs were/are astronomical!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:27 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Can anyone give the OP an idea of how much they would expect to pay for a round, as a member.

I seem to recall that the costs were/are astronomical!
It very much depends on where you play. Last time I paid 38€ as a non-member
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Try www.ccgt.co.uk for green fees Andy is his name and he is a neighbour with a golf business and access to all the greens at discount rates in the Murcia area (35 Courses) I think tell him Stewart gave you the details.
Good luck.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Generally golf is much more expensive in Spain that in the UK. Members clubs are not so common as golf courses rely on green fees from tourists who are well prepared to pay over the odds.

Down on the Granada coast and the eastern Costa del Sol you would pay at least €2500 for a couple for a years unlimited golf. On the same course on a green fee basis €60 or more is typical for one. Buggies are €25.