British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Golf players wanted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/golf-players-wanted-727282/)

denia man Aug 3rd 2011 11:11 am

Golf players wanted

hi, im looking for any people wishing to play golf on a regular basis, in and around denia. At present there is about 8 of us, but the more the better. We are all highish handicap players, and play for fun, as oppose to strict competition.
There is no cost involved, just regular players who want to play as part of a friendly gang on a regular basis

thanks

Mitzyboy Aug 3rd 2011 11:14 am

Re: Golf players wanted

Originally Posted by denia man (Post 9535061)
hi, im looking for any people wishing to play golf on a regular basis, in and around denia. At present there is about 8 of us, but the more the better. We are all highish handicap players, and play for fun, as oppose to strict competition.
There is no cost involved, just regular players who want to play as part of a friendly gang on a regular basis

thanks

I'm always up for it .... at the moment I travel to Escorpion outside Valencia to play my golf.

denia man Aug 3rd 2011 11:26 am

hi there, hopefully i will get a few responses, then we can attempt to sort something out.
just for info, i play at oliva nova once or twice a week, where im a member, so can sign guests in
we also travel to courses between benidorm and valencia, including the fantastic new course at La Galiana,

our handicaps range from 18-36

thanks
nick

Mitzyboy Aug 3rd 2011 11:44 am

Originally Posted by denia man (Post 9535096)
hi there, hopefully i will get a few responses, then we can attempt to sort something out.
just for info, i play at oliva nova once or twice a week, where im a member, so can sign guests in
we also travel to courses between benidorm and valencia, including the fantastic new course at La Galiana,

our handicaps range from 18-36

thanks
nick

I played La Galliana recently, and it's a fantastic course but quite demanding.

I dont mind Oliva Nova from time to time, but to be honest I find it quite boring now as it's quite flat

Have you played Escorpion?

You cant be that high a handicap if you play twice a week :-) My handicap suffers because I cant play enough really.

denia man Aug 3rd 2011 12:11 pm

hi
playing la galiana tomorow, will be my 3rd visit.

only been a member at oliva 2 weeks, as, same as you, i wasnt playing much, and with oliva being flat, its walkable, and not too hard, apart from its length and all the water, and is always in good condition, as it doesnt offer cheap discounted golf to the masses.
i play off 25.6 handicap.

not been as far up as escorpion, but if i can get a decent amount of people interested, then we can go all over really, like a society, but a relaxed one

Mitzyboy Aug 3rd 2011 1:17 pm

My experience of trying to get people together here to play golf is negative unfortunately. Thats why I go all the way to Valencia to play with Derek500 off here. I'd probably go anyway tbh as I like the course.

A game at Oliva Nova would be fine, as I havent played there for a while now. Always seems to be so busy though

denia man Aug 3rd 2011 2:09 pm

well, i can arrange oliva at anytime, it tends to be busiest in the early morning, and dead later on.

would be nice if we could get a few together somehow, and make a regular thing out of it.

could alternate between oliva and a few other courses, hardest thing as u say, is getting people involved

by the way, what is your handicap?

Mitzyboy Aug 3rd 2011 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by denia man (Post 9535478)
well, i can arrange oliva at anytime, it tends to be busiest in the early morning, and dead later on.

would be nice if we could get a few together somehow, and make a regular thing out of it.

could alternate between oliva and a few other courses, hardest thing as u say, is getting people involved

by the way, what is your handicap?

well, it depends :rofl:
My last society handicap was 24.6, but the certificate from my club which is 4 years old is 26 iirc.

denia man Aug 3rd 2011 2:48 pm

will probably book oliva for next thursday, at about 11 am, so you and any friends are welcome.

wont be booking it till closer to the day, so there is no rush, and it might allow time for anyone else to join in !!!!!!!!!

denia man Aug 5th 2011 9:27 pm

mitzy

am booking oliva for about 11 am on thursday, do u want to join us
cheers

nick

[email protected]

johnnyone Aug 6th 2011 5:46 am

I am not so sure putting an email address on a public forum is such a good idea. You are inviting spammers etc.

PS I do not play when in Spain, but isn't it a bit hot at 11am to start a round of golf?

jackytoo Aug 6th 2011 8:51 am

Most play at 8am. Especially for competitions.

Mitzyboy Aug 6th 2011 9:13 am

Originally Posted by denia man (Post 9540470)
mitzy

am booking oliva for about 11 am on thursday, do u want to join us
cheers

nick

[email protected]

I'll get back to you tomorrow if thats OK, just waiting for a call :)

derek500 Aug 6th 2011 9:40 am

At Escorpion I can take in up to three guests at 30€ each.

At the moment there's an offer for pairs of non-members. 18 holes, buggy and 'comida' for 126€.

denia man Aug 6th 2011 10:06 am

as a member at oliva, its 41 for a guest or 50 with a buggy

cheers