Golf clubs

Old May 26th 2010, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

jases1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golf clubs

Hi guys n gals,

I'll be over with friends between the 13th and 17th July. Does anyone know if I can hire an extra set of clubs from the golf club, or does anyone have some they could rent my friend for the period?

Thanks

Jason
Old May 27th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Golf clubs

Originally Posted by jases1000
Hi guys n gals,

I'll be over with friends between the 13th and 17th July. Does anyone know if I can hire an extra set of clubs from the golf club, or does anyone have some they could rent my friend for the period?

Thanks

Jason
I'm sure you can rent clubs there. I asked a couple of years back and they did......not premium brands at that time but doesn't matter too much for holiday golf does it. Why don't you give them a call and see what the situation is now.
Old May 27th 2010, 8:52 am
Just Joined

alice 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have a set of Lynx clubs. Any good for your friend?

Regards,

Alice 1
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Geeeeeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jason,
Andrea at The Local Village Shop does golf club rental as well as golf accessories. It is opposite the zoo in Ayamonte, on the river
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:40 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
Hi Jason,
Andrea at The Local Village Shop does golf club rental as well as golf accessories. It is opposite the zoo in Ayamonte, on the river
Hey Geezer, found a school yet for the kids? When´s your move planned.

Re.golfclubs for hire, Wouldnt the best place to rent them at the golfclub itself?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Geeeeeezer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jur,
probably looking to move early part of next year but not definite yet. Have info on schools so when time is right will look into more.
Regards golf clubs, I was here last month and was recommended to hire them from The Local Village Shop. Whilst at the golf course I compared prices and the golf course was more expensive.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geeeeeezer
Hi Jur,
probably looking to move early part of next year but not definite yet. Have info on schools so when time is right will look into more.
Regards golf clubs, I was here last month and was recommended to hire them from The Local Village Shop. Whilst at the golf course I compared prices and the golf course was more expensive.
But surely at the golf club you have the advice and help of the pro. I would want to select the irons and woods from his hire stock to suit my game. I have hired clubs and was very satisfied. They were a top brand, graphite shafts, ladies, very clean, new grips, nice bag, I only hired the irons and woods I wanted AND an electric trolly thrown in! Perhaps you blokes can play with any old clubs. Us ladies need the help of the professional to enjoy a good round.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:29 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Geeezer, make sure that you´re on time with registering your children, places are usually limited.

As for golf, I dont have a clue (how do you find time to play golf when you have kids???) but these people do.
There´s Andrew Shanks from Villablanca who can provide some insights: [email protected], Links on Isla Canela, Isla Canela Tours in Isla Canela Marina does decent green fees: [email protected]
Old Jul 16th 2010, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf clubs

I think there might be a bit of a competition on on a windswept rainy course in Scotland.

But hey if you are not lucky enough to be there why not pop down to Jags Bar/Bistro and sit on the terrace in the sun looking over the beautiful 18th on Costa Esuri Golf west course and imagine what might have been! Watching the real thing on a 50" HD flat screen TV

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jul 16th 2010 at 1:04 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:11 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on commission

Just joking, I wish him well, bit of a bummer having to wait all this time, paying rent and not able to open. I woould have been tearing my hair out!
Old Jul 16th 2010, 2:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf clubs

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are you on commission

Just joking, I wish him well, bit of a bummer having to wait all this time, paying rent and not able to open. I woould have been tearing my hair out!
Not even a free beer but after all this sweat he deserves to succeed he lost all the world cup trade. Don't know if the Ayuntamiento did it deliberately or not.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:27 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Not even a free beer but after all this sweat he deserves to succeed he lost all the world cup trade. Don't know if the Ayuntamiento did it deliberately or not.
I dont think there was a 'conspiracy theory' from the officials - even though I heard lots of rumours that it would take months - and possibly he would never open. I knew they were wrong. They (Jag+Gavin+team) wouldnt open a project of this magnitude without checking it out. (PS one thing I learned on this trip is that there are an amazing amount of 'rumours' - dont believe everything you hear )

However there were hurdles along the way - and of course they were dealing with a different cultural model... we joke about 'manana' but here was a good indication of how it works. They had to go through a bunch of 'motions/hurdles' to make it happen - but we were always confident that they would succeed (in the end) - though it longer than we expected, and yes they lost the important World Cup trade, at CE, sadly.

There is something dificult, I feel, about dealing with the 'administration' that we have all over the world, but in Spain its clear that we need a tougher skin and more patience. Shame really as they were opening a new business - in the middle of a recession and huge unemployment (35% in Ayamonte, I heard - or was that another rumour? )- and offering, what, 5-10 new jobs??

The next stage is they have to be succesful - many people are excited but they have to deliver an experience that makes us want to keep coming back. But I think they will do that. Why? Because the biggest vote for me is the fact that they tried a new idea of memberships - up front payment of 1000 Euros to have a 3year membership. No-one that I know has done that. But the fact that they got a lot of memberships from professional people - willing, in the middle of a recession - to put out that amount of money is impressive. These members are usually people 'in the know' and aware of business and can gauge the opportunities. Its probably the best vote of confidence that I can point to - when I consider the future of the business.

Nothing is certain, but the tea leaves look right!!

Lets hope so and lets hope that other businesses start to consider CE as a place to consider,,,,,, including other bars and restos.

Can't wait to have a drink at the terrace..... and something to eat!

JOn

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 16th 2010 at 5:38 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 5:46 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Putting 1000 into a restaurant in Spain for 3 years, that is taking naivety to a new level
Old Jul 16th 2010, 7:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Putting 1000 into a restaurant in Spain for 3 years, that is taking naivety to a new level
Definitely have to agree with that.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

spanish_lawyer will become famous soon enoughspanish_lawyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
(PS one thing I learned on this trip is that there are an amazing amount of 'rumours' - dont believe everything you hear )

JOn
I totally agree with you!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.