Golf Club

Old Jul 6th 2014, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by speerchucker
Does anybody know what constitutes a 'member' for information and attending meeting. I am a Platinum member (3 year version) and have heard nothing from anybody, have not been invited to any meetings. Nothing. I know that I am not alone in this. As far as I would be aware having not been on site since February, the course could still have been open! I have been following the news as a visitor but have now signed up so that I can ask if anyone has any insight on this.

Any views gratefully received
If you are a member and have not been receiving any info re the Golf Club/Course then I assume no-one has your details. Obtaining a complete list of members has been a huge task because of the different Company's running things in the past. After you have made 3 posts you can (if you want to) send me a Private Message with your relevant details and I will pass it to the Club Captain. Regards Bryony
Old Jul 6th 2014, 8:07 am
Just Joined

christruter is on a distinguished road

Hi speerchucker.

As Bryony mentions, getting together a full list of current members has been complicated.

Feel free to contact me and I will add you to the mailing list, and forward you any relevant emails that you have not received.

Does anybody know what constitutes a 'member' for information and attending meeting. I am a Platinum member (3 year version) and have heard nothing from anybody, have not been invited to any meetings. Nothing. I know that I am not alone in this. As far as I would be aware having not been on site since February, the course could still have been open! I have been following the news as a visitor but have now signed up so that I can ask if anyone has any insight on this.

Any views gratefully received
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

speerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant future

Thanks Bryony, I have a friend who is in the same boat so will reply to Chris's email also and then can get things moving
Old Jul 6th 2014, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

speerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant futurespeerchucker has a brilliant future

Chris hopefully this will be my 3rd post which will allow me to IM you
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:13 am
Just Joined

DrakeS is an unknown quantity at this point

On a recent visit to Esuri I heard through the rumour mill that following a meeting with the members it had been suggested that if the members paid off the Euro 90,000 debt then Fadesa would have a company interested in taking over the running of the golf club. Understandably this is a lot of money to be split between the members, but surely the closure of the golf club affects the majority of owners on Esuri. My husband and I both play golf and although not members of the club always play at least a couple of rounds there every visit and are obviously disappointed in the closure. Even for those non golfers, the club house and golf course have to be seen as a benefit. Wouldn't it therefore be worthwhile asking all Esuri owners to contribute to paying off this debt, perhaps on a sliding scale for members, full time residents, occasional golfers etc. I would certainly be willing to contribute if it meant the reopening of the course sooner rather than later.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:40 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrakeS
On a recent visit to Esuri I heard through the rumour mill that following a meeting with the members it had been suggested that if the members paid off the Euro 90,000 debt then Fadesa would have a company interested in taking over the running of the golf club. Understandably this is a lot of money to be split between the members, but surely the closure of the golf club affects the majority of owners on Esuri. My husband and I both play golf and although not members of the club always play at least a couple of rounds there every visit and are obviously disappointed in the closure. Even for those non golfers, the club house and golf course have to be seen as a benefit. Wouldn't it therefore be worthwhile asking all Esuri owners to contribute to paying off this debt, perhaps on a sliding scale for members, full time residents, occasional golfers etc. I would certainly be willing to contribute if it meant the reopening of the course sooner rather than later.

I agree that both golfers and non golfers have a vested interest in the course and club.

However the process has been kept within the golf members and non-members were explicitly not invited... as seen on the forum. And when one non-member and forum-regular asked for an update - it wasn't given. And he was even told that he could not have attended the meeting.

I know many golfers and nearly all of them love their sport and also love to meet all people for a drink/laugh/chat regardless of race, creed, colour, or golf clubs! So no 'us and them' - thankfully!

I bought here for a bevvy of reasons. High on the list was the course and what it offered re social life, interesting people and of course underpinning of property values. (Or so I thought pre-crisis)

Bottom line: A non seaside property outside of town is worth LESS than a non seaside GOLF property outside of town!

Also the golfers are in the minority. By excluding the non-golf-owners who have an equal interest in property values, is an error IMO. Being in the majority non-golfers have more financial pull and that source of funds is closed at the moment.

However lets look at the proposal 90K (or some other value) to pay MF debts - with no contract or commitment from them is something I would not even think about. I have had bad experiences with MF, I am concerned about the way they ask for money, I personally don't trust that they can/will deliver all that they say (especially in this crisis... and THEIR crisis!). I'm not giving that broken organisation, in huge debt, near bankruptcy another penny. My personal view. This current proposal for money is just a stopgap in my opinion, I doubt if many people will go for it.

I really hope a buyer can be found for the club and course and hotel. Take MF out of the equation.

There is an idea where we all take it over, have shareholders -transparency and own it. And manage the accounts properly. But the Golf Members would not be able to do it (IMO) without the bigger financial pull of the non-golfers.

Who would drive an initiative like this in this environment? I dont know. Has to be someone with business experience..... and 'cahoneys' (or the female equivalent - just to be politically correct)

Jon
Old Jul 26th 2014, 8:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi no commercial connection but got this in my inbox

Free golf for life. Just in case anyone is is interested in another golf property

France Haute Vienne

Jon
Old Aug 4th 2014, 5:35 am
Just Joined

I note the signs and fences around the golf course but does anybody have any views on playing on the course at the moment. There are clearly ways in without breaking and entering. Could those of us that have paid for the use of the course through our membership be considered to be trespassing? Clearly some people are still going out onto the course. Views would be welcomed. Thanks
Old Aug 4th 2014, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

I note the signs and fences around the golf course but does anybody have any views on playing on the course at the moment. There are clearly ways in without breaking and entering. Could those of us that have paid for the use of the course through our membership be considered to be trespassing? Clearly some people are still going out onto the course. Views would be welcomed. Thanks
You have obviously seen what you have seen. I guess this is a case of make your own mind up since anyone who recommends breaking the law on a public internet forum ...... - nuff said! Probably not a can of worms that needs disturbing while a blind eye is being turned nudge nudge wink wink say no more. A nod's a good as a wink to a blind bat.
[I wonder how many more metaphors I can mix ? ]
Old Aug 4th 2014, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by MikeJ
You have obviously seen what you have seen. I guess this is a case of make your own mind up since anyone who recommends breaking the law on a public internet forum ...... - nuff said! Probably not a can of worms that needs disturbing while a blind eye is being turned nudge nudge wink wink say no more. A nod's a good as a wink to a blind bat.
[I wonder how many more metaphors I can mix ? ]
Mike has hit the nail on the head and scored a bulls eye with that hole in one.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 7:26 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Mike has hit the nail on the head and scored a bulls eye with that hole in one.
In this heat its out of the frying pan and into the 19H!

Jon
Old Aug 4th 2014, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, there is still a roll up on the course Mondays and Fridays and, so far, no one has been approached and asked to leave. I far as I am aware the fencing and sign's are aimed at the real trespassers e.g. dog walkers, kids playing football, fisherman, joggers etc
Old Aug 4th 2014, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Dave Smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, there is still a roll up on the course Mondays and Fridays and, so far, no one has been approached and asked to leave. I far as I am aware the fencing and sign's are aimed at the real trespassers e.g. dog walkers, kids playing football, fisherman, joggers etc
Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the HTO offer, for taking over the management of the course. When HTO gave their presentation at the club house last month, their business plan and associated costs were all based on the course in its current state. The course will go down hill very fast with only the basic maintenance taking place, which will all add to the cost to re-open it again.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
Does anyone know if there has been any movement on the HTO offer, for taking over the management of the course. When HTO gave their presentation at the club house last month, their business plan and associated costs were all based on the course in its current state. The course will go down hill very fast with only the basic maintenance taking place, which will all add to the cost to re-open it again.
Have you seen the latest on the CERA website?

Kath
Old Aug 4th 2014, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dave Smith
No agreement has been reached yet and as you will see Marriott Hotels were looking round a few days ago. Don't forget that things grind to a halt in August.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.