Golf Club

Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
If you contact the pro Chris Truter he will probably be able to make alternative arrangements for golf elsewhere in the time until Esuri reopens. The course is locked and barred at the moment but Chris was at the clubhouse this morning.
I think Chris is now working out of Quinta do Vale.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Ted has lessons booked for next week and they have been changed to Quinta do Vale so I am not expecting CE to open in the immediate future.

Kath
Old Apr 15th 2014, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
As you can read in earlier posts, I was not happy with the style of communication received re the quick re-opening of the GC and importance of the course.... 'Good news', whilst taking the opportunity to 'remind' people to change 1/4ly payments to the MF account and thus ask for money. For a long time I've been no fan of M-F so this all annoyed me.

We should see it all re-open on Monday (or so) if we can truly believe all that.

Removing golf buggies looks ominous!

However trying to look on the bright side, this could all be a part of the negotiation process with the potential buyer. These high value deals can (and often do) swing in any direction and until there is 'ink-on-paper' we don't know if the deal closed - or failed. Therefore there remains a slight hope. I have always had a summer timescale as a realistic one for this process, as mentioned several times here. If we have a closed golf-complex for a while whilst waiting for a professional organisation to step in and sort it out, (once-and-for-all) this remains a good thing IMO for the short/medium term for the development as a whole. Even though, sadly, some people have a break in their incomes.

Also on the good news front, friends drove past VV and the bar was clean and stocked, shutters open - and furniture was stacked up on the terrace - so they are pretty much ready. The new owner told me last week that the bar/resto would be completed this week. Now we wait on the town hall (as usual).

Also this week 9/4 we had a wonderful evening full of great 'Esurians' (and guests); i.e golfers and non-golfers meeting at 'the local' = shop. This was both a golf day and after, celebrating the results and the birthdays of 2 (or 3) Esurians. The terrace and inside was packed till late in the evening and as one of the organisers said in his speech, this all shows what a wonderful community of great people we have. People accepted all the negative stuff and turned up to have a good laugh with the wonderful CE community!

It shows what a great bunch of people we have here - even OK to put negativity aside, and come together to make the most of a 'bad job'. We are really glad to be part of that!

Also for any potential buyer it shows that there is a huge demand here IMO. Had the GC been open, the party would have in the GC and the guests would have paid the 'inflated prices' there vs eg the local prices in Ayamonte.

Groups of people, invested in CE - willing to meet up and have fun during the day golfing and then after with fellow-Esurians having FUN! AND willing to dip into their pockets! When Jags was open we had 3 places on CE all doing well, and Jags was packed any evening when there was any sort of special event. Even in lower seasons. And as Char272 says, this group of people is increasing daily as all these properties sell!

So lets hope that by summer we have some good news re the buyers.... or in the least the GC and course are open for business .... and in the meantime, some level of maintenance is there to keep the course up-to-scratch

Jon
it is extremely unfortunate to see the turn of events with both the clubhouse and the golf course , especially when there were such high hopes for a new start with new investors coming in with deep pockets.

are the French still coming ?? perhaps the negotiations are merely dragging out, and hopefully may be finalised in the coming weeks? hopefully the situation can be turned around and with the restaurant VV , waterworld,
and in the pipeline a marina? Costa Esuri can begin to emerge from the recession and move on.

for regular golfers mixing their fix------------ have they looked at Isla Canela Golf COURSE for the interim period ??
THE 4 STAR Hotel is now the clubhouse and food and beverages are available at all times[ reasonable] Also the old clubhouse remains open as a resto /bar with good athmosphere and could even serve as club for the Esurian golfers in exile , awaiting return to Esuri golf?
hoping the matter will be fully resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned , in the near future .
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:45 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irlanda
it is extremely unfortunate to see the turn of events with both the clubhouse and the golf course , especially when there were such high hopes for a new start with new investors coming in with deep pockets.

are the French still coming ?? perhaps the negotiations are merely dragging out, and hopefully may be finalised in the coming weeks? hopefully the situation can be turned around and with the restaurant VV , waterworld,
and in the pipeline a marina? Costa Esuri can begin to emerge from the recession and move on.

for regular golfers mixing their fix------------ have they looked at Isla Canela Golf COURSE for the interim period ??
THE 4 STAR Hotel is now the clubhouse and food and beverages are available at all times[ reasonable] Also the old clubhouse remains open as a resto /bar with good athmosphere and could even serve as club for the Esurian golfers in exile , awaiting return to Esuri golf?
hoping the matter will be fully resolved to the satisfaction of all concerned , in the near future .

I said in my post that there remains a 'slight hope' that there are negotiations in place. There's 'no smoke without fire' so I hope that any 'fiery negotiations' are still going through, as I would suggest that this discussion (if it even exists) is complex ... and 'heated'

However if there are discussions/negotiations then they would have to be confidential - if being done professionally. So we need to watch and wait.... and hope. Hope is something we are used to in CE!

IC sounds good having 2 sets of facilities there - and people should go there and enjoy them. QDV is just across the water, lovely clubhouse and Chris is there to give lessons too.

Lets hope CE-golf-complex gets sorted soon, before they drive all the clients away! Also that MF, if they are a professional client-centered organisation, will (hopefully) update everyone after promising a couple of weeks ago that the course was secure and that the club would be open.. as by now they haven't honoured those (overdue) statements... and some golfers have paid their required installments.

Jon
Old Apr 17th 2014, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

cocoloco030979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I said in my post that there remains a 'slight hope' that there are negotiations in place. There's 'no smoke without fire' so I hope that any 'fiery negotiations' are still going through, as I would suggest that this discussion (if it even exists) is complex ... and 'heated'

However if there are discussions/negotiations then they would have to be confidential - if being done professionally. So we need to watch and wait.... and hope. Hope is something we are used to in CE!

IC sounds good having 2 sets of facilities there - and people should go there and enjoy them. QDV is just across the water, lovely clubhouse and Chris is there to give lessons too.

Lets hope CE-golf-complex gets sorted soon, before they drive all the clients away! Also that MF, if they are a professional client-centered organisation, will (hopefully) update everyone after promising a couple of weeks ago that the course was secure and that the club would be open.. as by now they haven't honoured those (overdue) statements... and some golfers have paid their required installments.

Jon
MF is not responsible for the maintenance workers. We will have to denounce.
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:36 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cocoloco030979
Sorry to hear that, can you confirm (as an ex employee) whether or not the golf course is being maintained, please?

Last week I saw no maintenance activity, and heard that it had stopped, so it seems to be the case, sadly

Jon
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Are you one of the Spanish workers? Have you lost your jobs.?
Old Apr 18th 2014, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that, can you confirm (as an ex employee) whether or not the golf course is being maintained, please?

Last week I saw no maintenance activity, and heard that it had stopped, so it seems to be the case, sadly

Jon
No it is not being maintained at the moment. See post #470

Last edited by MikeCol; Apr 18th 2014 at 8:45 am.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 8:50 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
No it is not being maintained at the moment. See post #470
How long do you think the course can survive without being maintained ? I've resisted so far adding to this thread, but as new owners in CE, it does appear worrying at the moment.. and such a shame for the beautiful course. Sandra and Stuart.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Golf Club

I have seen the greens being watered.don't know if on a timer or being turned on manually.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sandraphleb
How long do you think the course can survive without being maintained ? I've resisted so far adding to this thread, but as new owners in CE, it does appear worrying at the moment.. and such a shame for the beautiful course. Sandra and Stuart.
Hi Sandra, sorry I missed you on Captains Day. All I can say is that we are 'all' hopeful that a new buyer will sign on the doted line soon so that things can get back to normal. Regards Bryony
Old Apr 18th 2014, 9:52 am
Sandra & Munty

Sandraphleb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Sandra, sorry I missed you on Captains Day. All I can say is that we are 'all' hopeful that a new buyer will sign on the doted line soon so that things can get back to normal. Regards Bryony
Hello Bryony.... you are obviously a very popular person... and I didn't want to disturb you. Thanks for the reply, I know that we must all be patient and wait to see the outcome. We will keep an eye on this thread with interest. Take care and hope to catch up with you next time we are down. Sandra
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Are you one of the Spanish workers? Have you lost your jobs.?
Yes, we are workers of the golf course. MF does not want workers why the field keeps 1 company and golf club of Logroño. I do not know exactly whether there will be people now holding it, but I know what we were told from MF by fax . If you do not want to continue the maintenance is that already there will be something close to the French. And the field is watering because before that we will have knocked us auto for that will not dry up.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:11 am
BE Positive

Yes, we are workers of the golf course. MF does not want workers why the field keeps 1 company and golf club of Logroño. I do not know exactly whether there will be people now holding it, but I know what we were told from MF by fax . If you do not want to continue the maintenance is that already there will be something close to the French. And the field is watering because before that we will have knocked us auto for that will not dry up.
I'm sorry that you feel let down by MF. 'Par for the course'??

If the course is being watered, then at least there is a minimum level of maintenance ....... though not enough - but better than nothing at all, as we feared earlier.

I'm feeling so (quote) 'secure' right now, though of course it's much worse for you to lose your livlihood. Good luck in finding alternative employment.

Jon
Old Apr 19th 2014, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

I'm sorry that you feel let down by MF. 'Par for the course'??

If the course is being watered, then at least there is a minimum level of maintenance ....... though not enough - but better than nothing at all, as we feared earlier.

I'm feeling so (quote) 'secure' right now, though of course it's much worse for you to lose your livlihood. Good luck in finding alternative employment.

Jon
Thanks Jon. Hopefully when the new chief hire us again. We like to work in this field because we have seen us birth. And we hope they continue the same partners and enjoy EC - a greeting. Workers of EC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.