Golf Club

Old Apr 6th 2014, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

BILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond reputeBILL AND CLAIRE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by flashyblade
Don't like the tone of that question. I just needed to say that. Calling someone a clown is inappropriate. Calling someone Pocoloco when they're called Cocoloco is ruder still.

Who called anyone a clown..Looks like you just did ??Flashyblade ""Great name""
Old Apr 8th 2014, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

Anybody know when golf club will reopen??????
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by char272
Anybody know when golf club will reopen??????
No, but when we do we will post something
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

George & Rosalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mike, thank you for keeping us informed. As the course it is a key asset for CE and this is, potentially, a very worrying development, I expect this thread will be watched very closely. Do you know if there any maintenance being carried out at the present time or is the course in reasonable shape?

George
Old Apr 8th 2014, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by George & Rosalia
Hi Mike, thank you for keeping us informed. As the course it is a key asset for CE and this is, potentially, a very worrying development, I expect this thread will be watched very closely. Do you know if there any maintenance being carried out at the present time or is the course in reasonable shape?

George
Until today it was still being mowed, but that is to stop from now and the flags have been taken in. So watch this space and keep everything crossed , Mike
Old Apr 9th 2014, 8:51 am
Just Joined

cocoloco030979 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Until today it was still being mowed, but that is to stop from now and the flags have been taken in. So watch this space and keep everything crossed , Mike
Esuri golf river we stop our work but MF has to be done by us, and we are waiting for response MF. apparently MF does not want to exploit the field.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 9:13 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I do sympathise with you as no doubt for many it was the attraction of having two golf courses that was one of the areas main developments.
To have lost one and with the other closed should it be for any length of time will have a negative effect on property sales and visitor numbers.
Situations like yours are not unknown in the Algarve but the banks have always kept the golf courses open.
Parque da Floresta is currently in administration and the original owners of Salgados and theMorgado courses went bust in a big way leaving 100,s of unfinished properties with no hopes of a sale.
But slowly the corner is being turned with new owners.
Golf courses rarely make any money they are there to sell properties and I hope that the new owners realise that and that they Need the courses.
Old Apr 9th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Oh dear... Tea leaves have gotten worse. I hear on the rumour mill, there are no buyers for the complex. Lets hope by the summer we will know full details....

However if we can believe MF !! Then the course and club will open soon and with VV on the verge(hopefully) of opening - then 2014 will be better than 2013.

Jon
Old Apr 10th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen the golf buggies from the course being loaded onto a lorry.That is not a sign that the course is going to be open anytime soon.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Mitto is an unknown quantity at this point

The golf club was never the best place to eat or drink but when it's not open it's a massive loss to Esuri. It's very sad to drive past it and not see any cars in the car park or any activity going on. Hope it gets sorted soon and is back up and running
Old Apr 10th 2014, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

It sounds very sad because years ago when there was hardly anybody on esuri the golf club was always open ,there are a lot more people there now and we need the club more than ever ,hope it's resolved soon and reopens
Old Apr 11th 2014, 3:40 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
It sounds very sad because years ago when there was hardly anybody on esuri the golf club was always open ,there are a lot more people there now and we need the club more than ever ,hope it's resolved soon and reopens
As you can read in earlier posts, I was not happy with the style of communication received re the quick re-opening of the GC and importance of the course.... 'Good news', whilst taking the opportunity to 'remind' people to change 1/4ly payments to the MF account and thus ask for money. For a long time I've been no fan of M-F so this all annoyed me.

We should see it all re-open on Monday (or so) if we can truly believe all that.

Removing golf buggies looks ominous!

However trying to look on the bright side, this could all be a part of the negotiation process with the potential buyer. These high value deals can (and often do) swing in any direction and until there is 'ink-on-paper' we don't know if the deal closed - or failed. Therefore there remains a slight hope. I have always had a summer timescale as a realistic one for this process, as mentioned several times here. If we have a closed golf-complex for a while whilst waiting for a professional organisation to step in and sort it out, (once-and-for-all) this remains a good thing IMO for the short/medium term for the development as a whole. Even though, sadly, some people have a break in their incomes.

Also on the good news front, friends drove past VV and the bar was clean and stocked, shutters open - and furniture was stacked up on the terrace - so they are pretty much ready. The new owner told me last week that the bar/resto would be completed this week. Now we wait on the town hall (as usual).

Also this week 9/4 we had a wonderful evening full of great 'Esurians' (and guests); i.e golfers and non-golfers meeting at 'the local' = shop. This was both a golf day and after, celebrating the results and the birthdays of 2 (or 3) Esurians. The terrace and inside was packed till late in the evening and as one of the organisers said in his speech, this all shows what a wonderful community of great people we have. People accepted all the negative stuff and turned up to have a good laugh with the wonderful CE community!

It shows what a great bunch of people we have here - even OK to put negativity aside, and come together to make the most of a 'bad job'. We are really glad to be part of that!

Also for any potential buyer it shows that there is a huge demand here IMO. Had the GC been open, the party would have in the GC and the guests would have paid the 'inflated prices' there vs eg the local prices in Ayamonte.

Groups of people, invested in CE - willing to meet up and have fun during the day golfing and then after with fellow-Esurians having FUN! AND willing to dip into their pockets! When Jags was open we had 3 places on CE all doing well, and Jags was packed any evening when there was any sort of special event. Even in lower seasons. And as Char272 says, this group of people is increasing daily as all these properties sell!

So lets hope that by summer we have some good news re the buyers.... or in the least the GC and course are open for business .... and in the meantime, some level of maintenance is there to keep the course up-to-scratch

Jon
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

acko is an unknown quantity at this point

I am over with my friend s this week to play golf ce open or closed
Old Apr 14th 2014, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

All still closed I believe.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golf Club

Originally Posted by acko
I am over with my friend s this week to play golf ce open or closed
If you contact the pro Chris Truter he will probably be able to make alternative arrangements for golf elsewhere in the time until Esuri reopens. The course is locked and barred at the moment but Chris was at the clubhouse this morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.