Reload this Page >

Golden Visa Questions

Golden Visa Questions

Old Dec 17th 2020, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

goodbyebritain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Golden Visa Questions

Hi Everyone.

I AM moving to Europe, either Spain or Portugal - bit undecided right now but looking to make the move early to mid 2021 (I was planning on moving in 2020 but Covid screwed that up) so now going down the route of a Golden Visa. I also need the flexibility of the golden visa so I can travel back and forth to the UK for work etc so will only be spending 6 months per year in either Spain or Portugal (with Spain being my 1st choice) for the next few years while I wind down work and wind up my retirement

I understand that if I buy a property in Spain for 500K plus I can get the visa without any problems what so ever, thing is the place I quite like is up for sale and only 265K, but it does need work, lots of work, in fact it will cost more to do up than it will to buy. I am trying to find out if I buy a wreck a house and spend the money to do it up in order to hit the 500K mark, I have the money available to buy the place and do the work and would look to get the builders in the same week I get possession to the place. Now I have been looking online and have emailed both the Spanish and British Embassy (who don't reply to anything) and still cant find a definitive answer - can anyone on the forum provide any light please? All of the money will come from the UK

Thanks

Steve
Old Dec 17th 2020, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Golden Visa Questions

I think you need to invest in one or more properties whose total value comes to at least 500,000 euro. So buying a cheaper property and renovating doesn't seem to work.
Old Dec 18th 2020, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

See here

https://expatsmagazine.org/spain-golden-visa/
Old Dec 18th 2020, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goodbyebritain
I have the money available to buy the place and do the work and would look to get the builders in the same week I get possession to the place.
You'll be lucky! Are you familiar with the requirements to obtain a licence from the local Ayuntamiento for any kind of building work to be carried out on your property (either Obras Minores (minor works) or Mayores (larger projects including changing the interior layout of the property or extensions, which from your description might be the type of thing you are thinking of, in which case you'd need an architect to draw up plans and submit the proyecto to the Ayuntamiento, could take months to obtain the licence)?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...g-renovations/
Old Dec 18th 2020, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Golden Visa Questions

Originally Posted by Lynn R
You'll be lucky! Are you familiar with the requirements to obtain a licence from the local Ayuntamiento for any kind of building work to be carried out on your property (either Obras Minores (minor works) or Mayores (larger projects including changing the interior layout of the property or extensions, which from your description might be the type of thing you are thinking of, in which case you'd need an architect to draw up plans and submit the proyecto to the Ayuntamiento, could take months to obtain the licence)?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...g-renovations/
I agree with Lynn R.Where i live there is a total ban on new building and any alterations,you have to have a licence for every thing.The police do daily drive bys to check you should go to your local town hall and check with them what you can and can not do.Our town hall are very good and helpful and will try to help you achieve your goals.All the best in your efforts and i hope you achieve what you set out to do