Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Goldcar rental at Seville airport

Goldcar rental at Seville airport

Old Oct 19th 2011, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goldcar rental at Seville airport

Anybody had dealings with this crew?
I hired a car from them for a recent visit, and paid in advance. First of all the "courtesy" driver of the bus insisted that only the car driver could be taken to collect the car, and then we all had to drive back to the airport to pick up our other passengers/ luggage. Then I was charged for a full tank of fuel, 61euros ( happy with this) a supplement for having a diesel car 12euros ( I thought that I had already paid for this) then I was charged 18% IVA. Do the hire company pay for their fuel, tax free, or have I been double charged? Doubt I will use them again!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice
Default Re: Goldcar rental at Seville airport

When we used to commute UK/Sevilla and booked through Carjet I would always refuse if they offered any outfit without an airport terminal office so never used Goldcar. Didn't want the hassle of waiting for every other customer to clear the baggage hall before the bus would depart.

We always received good service from Auriga Crown but I know some have not been happy with them either.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

When they charge you for a full tank you usually pay for more fuel than the tank will hold. What car did you rent? This is common with all car hire firms unfortunately!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

Friends of mine were comprehensively ripped off by Goldcar. The charge for the full tank/empty tank was chilling and then there was some major hooha about a child seat. To be avoided.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replies. I had an astra, looked a good deal when I paid for it. Just had a customer satisfaction survey in my e-mail. I will have fun filling that in.
Pete
Old Oct 21st 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

I've used Goldcar several times from Alicante airport and come across the fuel and insurance unwelcome additions. Unfortunately all the other companies I've used from Alicante (Centauro,Victoria etc.) tend to have the same practices. At least I've always found the cars in good nick with Goldcars.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

I used Goldcar alot and find them OK.
Let's face it if you start with a empty tank you still need to fill it up, so there is little difference.
I find the extra insurance alright as you dont need to leave your credit card details with them and if you have a accident/tyre puncture etc. you pay nothing.
Diesel is cheaper in spain, but if you dont want a diesel car tell them and you wil get a petrol car.