Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.

Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.

Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:24 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.

I don´t understand why the UK is worried about a flood of people from Bulgaria and Rumania, the problem is now solved.

There is to be a campaign with the message "Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you" to people considering the UK as their new home. A real stroke of genious from the government.
They will be shown that the streets of London are not paved with gold.

I suggest that the still unsure are also provided with a CD of Ralph McTell, that should put any desire to come to the UK to rest.

As you can see it only takes a bit of brain power, and eveything gets sorted with hardly raising a sweat.

So should Spain prepare for all the people who would have gone to the UK but for the cold weather, but have now changed their mind?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Britain.html
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:29 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.

I thought Spain was getting prepared for a mass exodus of those from the IA countries now the way is open to UK benefits..........

The IA countries generally tend to be colder than the UK even in the middle of the winter, so their people are used to the cold.

`
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:02 am
Im a 77 year old nutcase

tommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond reputetommy.irene has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.-zzzzmm.jpg  
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Go to Spain or somewhere else as the UK is too cold for you.

Originally Posted by me me
So should Spain prepare for all the people who would have gone to the UK but for the cold weather, but have now changed their mind?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-Britain.html
They already have the new rules are that you must be able to show an annual income of €5500 plus annual health insurance or the equivalent of the UK S1 to be able to become a resident even from an EU country and much more (€160,000 capital) from elsewhere.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think it will not be the weather that would draw them to the UK but the easy (compared with most of EU) benefit and health system.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Does the UK take the freedom of movement too literally? why do they not impose something like Spain has done? I know there is talk of them trying to make it more difficult but not how, it also seems a bit late in the day now re Romania and Bulgaria as is it not from the end of 201 they are allowed to come?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:37 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Romanians and Bulgarians have been coming to countries like Italy and Spain for some years now. It's estimated there are between 100,000 and 200,000 Romanians in Madrid alone.
In fact, I already know Bulgarians working here in London.
It's a weird news story. It gets far colder in winter in continental countries like Bulgaria and Romania, than in the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That may well be the flaw in the great plan Baldrick
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I would think it will not be the weather that would draw them to the UK but the easy (compared with most of EU) benefit and health system.
Hardly a difficult choice, is it? Nice weather and no benefits, or easy benefits (and lots of them) and bad weather.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No doubt if they ask nicely they may well get a free umbrella thrown in or go to poundland
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Hardly a difficult choice, is it? Nice weather and no benefits, or easy benefits (and lots of them) and bad weather.
Are there easy benefits in UK still? I thought this government had done away with them, or is just about to. If they come, it will be in search of work, as the British government keeps telling everyone how fast unemployment is falling!
Old Jan 28th 2013, 12:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

as i posted elsewhere, if you are receiving Unemployment Benefit you can apply to get this paid for up to 3 months whilst jobsearching in another country.
There are conditions and you have to register for Social Security and get a number in Spain before they will take you under their wing. You "sign on" in accordance with the relevant country rules and they will pass back reports every month.
But 3 months is the max on this scheme, which is EU instigated as part of the free movement of individuals.

`
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

Romanian and Bulgarian immigrant workers might be unwanted by the British public, but they are in high demand from British employers, with almost 48,000 UK jobs offered on a careers website in Romania last year. T J Jobs, Romania's largest foreign jobs website, advertised 47,832 jobs in the UK last year. More than 90% of those jobs were for skilled workers, from cooks to housekeepers, to taxi drivers to healthcare assistants, doctors and architects.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2565581.html
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
. If they come, it will be in search of work, as the British government keeps telling everyone how fast unemployment is falling!
Well plenty come on the pretext of working or studying, but it would seem many don't stick long at it. And why shouldn't the Government say that the unemployment rate is falling? It is, it's currently 7.7%, I'm sure I don't need to remind you (but I will) that Spain's is over 26% and still rising.
370,000 migrants on the dole
More than 370,000 migrants who were admitted to Britain to work, study or go on holiday are now claiming out-of-work benefits, according to official figures compiled for the first time.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-the-dole.html
Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:31 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

The UK govt is pulling out all the stops to hide the real level of unemployment figures - why else is there a figure of 9 million economically inactive people of working age?
It seems there are 4.7 million Brits who have moved abroad, many of them professionals, according to this:

As the UK emerges from a period of economic stagnation that has stunted growth since 2008, the very people who could provide an impetus to our ailing economy are leaving at a rate of 150,000 a year.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/966...lame-them.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.