Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

"Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:01 pm

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Go back to you're own country bloody foreigners"

Originally Posted by cajam31
wereabouts in andalucia, if you dont mind me asking? was it the rasicm that made it so bad or other stuff as well?

Lots of stuff really, I loved it at first but our life was tough we lived a very simple life and sometimes had little money. I always tried my damdest to intergrate but got it thrown back in my face the people I thought I could trust I learnt that I couldnt. I found a lot of the British expats quite troublesome and vindictive. My daughter had a terrible time in school as I said earlier and in the end I just gave up trying. I always thought that I was doing the best thing for everyone by sticking it out (even though I was deeply unhappy) but realised by staying there was causing long term damage and that we really didnt have much of a "life". The funniest thing was when we finally left things were on the up moneywise hubby had loads of work, the house was lovely water and electricty was sorted out but I still couldnt wait to leave. I am glad that we left on good terms and not because we had no choice.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:02 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Having visited the costa del sol a few times. My initial thoughts were "Oh my god the british have taken over this place". And now I want to move there myself.

I do wonder what the locals think of us, do they hate us or like us?

For me the Costa Del Sol is a stepping stone into real Spain. When I go im not going to know the language well and Im not going to have any friends, im going to be lost in a new world. At least having british people around will allow me to get speaking to some more experienced Ex Pats in my native tounge, get to know the areas and get to know some people.

I intend to goto spanish classes and learn spanish. Im already learning now from here and I know basic phrases, just trying to get my head round verbs. hablo, hablar, hable etc. How much is it, How are you? Hello, Goodbye, Thank you, and numbers are easy peasy and everyone should speak it.

If all goes well i then intend to integrate more with real spain by buying a house somewhere perhaps more rural or coastal but away from tourists and the mass of british and hopefully make spanish friends and have converastions completely in spanish.

Yes Im always going to be a foreigner and its not going to be easy, but from what people have said on here, the spanish people respect and reward those that do try. I intend to try my very best.
Well said,and go for it.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by gallerie9
I read you link, and i thought that it was a stupid waste of tax payers money.

My sister has two boys twins, who are very different, one is very popular the other is well picked on bullied at school. This is in the UK in middle England very PC and very middle class. Just a few weeks ago he was being bullied in the playgroud by a older boy two years older, who was hitting him and well calling him names Fat Pig Geek you know the sort of names I mean, he retaliated he didnt punch the boy or Kick him he just uttered the BAD word and called him "b.a.k bastard" and leave me alone the boy did no more than laughed in his face and then said got you !!!!!!!!!!!! You little fat bastard.......and ran to tell a teacher.
Well all UK schools have a race policy and my sister son was hauled infront of the head along with his parents...........he was given a written warning ........ What about the boy that started the incident ................. Nothing was done no parents hauled in no written warning ............... yet my sisters son was bullied by this young man both physically and verbally........... and he started it ..................So what is your view on that Glad to be back .......

My sisters sons are just normal 12 year olds.............and to be honest he was terrified of the consequences and is now scared to go to school...

Pc gone mad dont you think

One rule for One and another for another

Please tell me your views

Regards

Thats ridiculous and totally wrong, I agree pc gone mad. But there has to be a middle ground if the UK is PC gone mad then Spain must PC completely sane as they have no policies regarding this sort of behaviour. Would you like it if your child came home from school everyday complaing from headaches, crying, stressed and eventually started wetting themselves with fear because they were tormented on a daily basis just because they were not from Spain. All of this was ignored by the teachers when I finally went there and removed her from school their attitudes were completely blaise (sp) her form teacher said that "yes there was a problem with violence in this school" (I was like and yeah what are u going to do about it) her headteacher said (about the kicking in the head incident) "well that was yesterday"? problem solved it's in the past. I know I'd rather live in a pc gone mad country any day than have my daughter endure that again.

btw she's nearly 12 and lived there since she was 5 spoke spanish perfectly but had blue eyes, pale skin and freckles a reason to call her "fea" everyday.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
I would like to know both sides of stories, I am not niave...but I feel that you started off sarcastic...the first post on the thread...re Mitzyboy....

Anyway...enough said, gotta get the tea on!

I've "met" mitzyboy before he'll know who I am, totally meant tongue in cheek no offence intended.
He seems like a lovely bloke with a great attidude and see's the best in everything and one thats what I meant by that.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:24 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree with all you said and I understand how you must feel about your daughter and the Uk is best for you .....my point is that there are good and bad in both countries......I know about the bulling as it happens to Spanish children to, one of our friends sons has been bullied in the play ground and the teacher said "so what do you expect me to do" he is 6 , so the mother had his mother and you can imagine the rest.

But my point is that that the Race Policy is the same in all Uk schools and this is the law....... I had to explain to my sister that she was lucky the head could have informed the police............and a court case could have followed.

So please let people have there dreams, It didnt work for you and I am glad you are settled in the UK and back with your family.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:26 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

England is the place where, 20 years ago I moved from Sheffield to Eastbourne and was told to p... off back up north where you belong.
England, or more particularly a village pub in the middle of Cornwall was where I was told there was no food on offer, it took my wife's Devon accent to allow us to be fed.
Eastbourne, England is where my wife was told by her boss not to answer the phone because of her accent. A lovely soft accent I may add that everyone except one person admires.
Most people I have met in my life are friendly, but the adage you can't please everyone all of the time is true no matter where you live.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:28 pm

I agree with all you said and I understand how you must feel about your daughter and the Uk is best for you .....my point is that there are good and bad in both countries......I know about the bulling as it happens to Spanish children to, one of our friends sons has been bullied in the play ground and the teacher said "so what do you expect me to do" he is 6 , so the mother had his mother and you can imagine the rest.

But my point is that that the Race Policy is the same in all Uk schools and this is the law....... I had to explain to my sister that she was lucky the head could have informed the police............and a court case could have followed.

So please let people have there dreams, It didnt work for you and I am glad you are settled in the UK and back with your family.

I know what you mean I just saw red when I read that report especially as the "victims" were Spanish after everything my daughter went through when I told her about it she started shouting "they used to say that to me everyday of my life" poor soul.

Its wrong full stop that its happens but totally ironic that the woman were spanish I couldnt help but wonder if they had ever muttered those very words themselves.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
I've "met" mitzyboy before he'll know who I am, totally meant tongue in cheek no offence intended.
He seems like a lovely bloke with a great attidude and see's the best in everything and one thats what I meant by that.
Oh right see that's where it went wrong ...it was meant tongue in cheek but I took it as being sarcastic ...so on it went !

I'm glad you are settled and happy with your life in the UK....really I am. My sis lives in Hertfordshire and loves it....

We really hope we don't see or get to know of things like what you have faced. I really honestly feel for you...as my children are 4 and 2 ...both blonde and blue eyed...I would absolutely go off my trolley if anything happened to them.

So the best of luck to you all.....

I'm still new to the Spanish way of life...9 months now.....and I believe for us we have made the right decision. Hubby works from home. We all have tea together ....see eachother 100% more. And we are living the life we wanted....

I'm so sorry you had a rough ride but you've all came through it and it sounds like you are happy now..I think i'd be a bit on a downer about Spain if my experiences were as bad as yours in all fairness.

Sorry for the misunderstanding....hope you don't think I'm a silly old moo.... if you do....keep it to yourself...please
Old Mar 5th 2007, 4:44 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Can you hold your hand on your heart and say that you have never said ....
" I wish they would go back to where they come from "

Last edited by gallerie9; Mar 5th 2007 at 5:29 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:18 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fuzzlepop
1st day i got my new mini 110cc motobike

i was riding it on some wasteland cauing no harm what so ever to anyone.

spanish cops pull up start going mad at me, and the woman was like "if you cant speak spanish f**k off to your own county u ******"

i was shocked and scared at the same time.
Hmmmmmm being honest if some foreignor was riding one of them mini 110cc motorbikes on waste ground near my house in the Uk .. I would go ballastic the noise they make is like 3 chainsaws running !!!!

I would most certainly say " f**k of to your own country you ****** " and then i would drag the rider by his genitals and rev the bike at full revs and drop the back wheel on his stretched tackle ...

They should be banned to noisy !! so you got of lightly in my opinion ..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:19 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
you are a sad muppet as well did they call you that at some stage? You come on here with a stupid name and talk trash in the hope that you might peruade people to stay away from Spain. You are of no help to anyone on this group with your attitude and quite frankly had I ever had the misfortune to meet you and have been Spanish I am damned sure I would have muttered the same sorts of things myself. You tried, you never liked it (and thats got to be taken with a pinch of salt) now go and get your kicks elsewhere. If what you say is true this would be the last place you would hang around wouldnt it
Reckon Smarties got this about spot on ,, couldnt have said it better meself ..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
Bligey !!!!!! This woman is BITTER ...whhoooooah there....

Thankfully I have not heard anything like what this woman said she's heard on a regular basis....

I'm not saying I'll be surprised though, the Spanish are def not perfect.

But from my limited experience, I truly feel that the Spanish treat you with the same courtesy that you afford them.

Only today two Valenciano women said hello to my children, and in broken Spanish I had a 20 min conversation with them on her doorstep..where she showed me family pictures of her children at the Fallas 28 years ago!! Now come on.....I can not imagine that scenario back in the uK for ONE minute.

Anyway......sounds to me "gald 2 b back" has a very negative attitude and that maybe because of that she attracts negativity....

Poor woman !!

Anyway, the suns shing, the kids are playing in the garden !!! Best get out with them and start climbing the lemon tree
And this one Mr eddie married well for sure .. well said Mrs eddie ..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Bitter I don't think so and certainly not smary enjoy your sun while it lasts and your lemen tree woo hoo....we have so much more than a lemon tree to entertain our children with. Infact my child is due to star in a musical at easter with famous ppl, we went to London on sat to the Zoo and Camden town, ice skating the week B4 etc actually we are never stuck for something to do and can even see our families when we wish but hey you've got a lemon tree well done!
Hmmmmmmm a musical by kids and a zoo in Camden followed by ice skating Hmmmm or a sunny day in Spain with the barbecue sizzling and the kids laughing and playing on lemon trees , having a dip in the pool every so often ..

As Saturday was a fluke day with 4 hours of sunshine ! the memories of that day had better last a while !.. Where as the sunshine life in Spain is a ongoing joy to be savoured over and over ..

Yep give me the Spain one thank you ..
Old Mar 5th 2007, 8:30 pm
Banned

Can you hold your hand on your heart and say that you have never said ....
" I wish they would go back to where they come from "
good point
I always say it lol
Old Mar 6th 2007, 4:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ere Glad 2 b back, whats all this sarkyness?
I can't help it if I've been lucky enough to be amongst good neighbours and friendly people ..... sorry about that.

And we have heard the words uttered "you british are all the same, coming over here and doing what you want". That was when my other english next door neighbour (now up for sale) decided he had had enough of weeding and poured petrol over his garden and set fire to it to burn them off last June.

I know you said you met me ....... I'm obviously going senile .... who are you??? :-))

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Mar 6th 2007 at 4:58 pm. Reason: Senile moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.