Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Glass shelf fridge

Glass shelf fridge

Old Jul 12th 2016, 5:59 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Glass shelf fridge

Hi

Our fridge has a glass shelf at the bottom above the veggie crisper bin.

Its broken, never had that before. Is it possible to buy a replacement? And if so where could I get in in our area, any thoughts, please?

Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Jul 12th 2016, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Glass shelf fridge

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

Our fridge has a glass shelf at the bottom above the veggie crisper bin.

Its broken, never had that before. Is it possible to buy a replacement? And if so where could I get in in our area, any thoughts, please?

Thanks in advance

Jon
Hi again, the little electrical shop down by the post office sells lots of different spare parts for various items. We managed to get a new hinge for my washing machine door there but whether he would have a shelf I don't know. He's worth a try though as he may be able to order one for you.

When we returned to the UK last year we had to buy a new washer and dryer. Had to wait a week for them to be delivered (which of course was an extra charge) and since then (Sept) the washer has gone wrong twice. On the other hand, in Spain,all my white goods were delivered the day I bought them, unpacked & connected and at no extra cost. They are all 10 years old now and the only one I have had to replace was the dishwasher and that wasn't until last year. Regards Bryony 🖖
Old Jul 12th 2016, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Fiberite is an unknown quantity at this point

We had the same problem and I managed to buy a piece of clear perspex which I cut to size with circular saw and sanded clean. Works a treat.
Old Jul 13th 2016, 1:53 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi again, the little electrical shop down by the post office sells lots of different spare parts for various items. We managed to get a new hinge for my washing machine door there but whether he would have a shelf I don't know. He's worth a try though as he may be able to order one for you.

When we returned to the UK last year we had to buy a new washer and dryer. Had to wait a week for them to be delivered (which of course was an extra charge) and since then (Sept) the washer has gone wrong twice. On the other hand, in Spain,all my white goods were delivered the day I bought them, unpacked & connected and at no extra cost. They are all 10 years old now and the only one I have had to replace was the dishwasher and that wasn't until last year. Regards Bryony 🖖
Thanks Fiberite & Bryony

I'll check out that place by the PO, now that I've seen your post, Bryony, I remember you recommending it before.

Re the perspex, I don't have any tools, but maybe Leroy Merlin will cut a piece to size?

Being a lazy s*d, I'd like to have something that just slips into place!!

Thanks

Jon

PS agreed Bryony, as we've posted before, the Spanish service is second to none. They come install, clean and leave everything up and running We are so glad we bought all our white goods and TV from the local shop, and I don't think we paid over the odds

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 13th 2016 at 1:55 pm.