Reload this Page >

Glass curtain for balcony enclosure

Glass curtain for balcony enclosure

Old Mar 2nd 2021, 3:40 pm
JT9
Just Joined

JT9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glass curtain for balcony enclosure

Hello I would like to put a glass curtain across my balcony which is like a bi-fold frameless door. Can anyone recommend a builder/ contractor.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Glass curtain for balcony enclosure

Good evening. There are two who I can recommend, I will send you a PM with their telephone numbers.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 7:01 pm
JT9
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ex Adeladie
Good evening. There are two who I can recommend, I will send you a PM with their telephone numbers.
many thanks for this.
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 9:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JT9
Hello I would like to put a glass curtain across my balcony which is like a bi-fold frameless door. Can anyone recommend a builder/ contractor.
Hi

I have used these guys before for Mozzie Blinds and very pleased with the quality. English and from the Algarve, so I don't know if they can cross the border, till mid March.

They sell 'glass curtains' ..... see the webpage right side half way down. No commercial connection with them, except that I was a satisfied customer many years ago.

Our Products | m2mBlinds

Just a thought, if you are in a flat there may be community rules about 'filling in' balconies - and if so permission is required..... best to check if so, otherwise it could be a hassle (says someone with experience! Long story, I got permission in advance, but it didn't stop it being a pointless hassle! )

Good luck
Jon
Old Mar 3rd 2021, 5:21 pm
JT9
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

I have used these guys before for Mozzie Blinds and very pleased with the quality. English and from the Algarve, so I don't know if they can cross the border, till mid March.

They sell 'glass curtains' ..... see the webpage right side half way down. No commercial connection with them, except that I was a satisfied customer many years ago.

Our Products | m2mBlinds

Just a thought, if you are in a flat there may be community rules about 'filling in' balconies - and if so permission is required..... best to check if so, otherwise it could be a hassle (says someone with experience! Long story, I got permission in advance, but it didn't stop it being a pointless hassle! )

Good luck
Jon
many thanks Jon
Old Mar 4th 2021, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody know of someone who supplies bi-fold doors . I'm thinking of replacing the current patio doors in our apartment.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Hi Mike, I'll email you.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Jon's advice is very wise. See 7.1 of the Ley de Propiedad Horizontal and it's sub clauses.

​​​​​​I would add you should, no must, first approach the planning department with your idea before you do anything and ask:

1. If you are actually allowed to enclose your balcony. In all probability enclosing your balcony will add to the "habitable" area of your property by 100% of the balcony area shown on your title deeds. This may or may not exceed the planning limits.

2. If allowable if they consider the works to be minor or major and thus what documents do they require to issue the licence and what fees and taxes are payable.

Get it in writing if you can.

If you go ahead remember, once the works are completed and signed off you should change the property details on the Spanish Land Register.

This involves another set of fees plus stamp duty but is , imo , well worth it if you have done the above.

You can of course just risk it or believe the supplier s who tell you no permissions are required.

Best
Loco