Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gift tax Andalucia

Gift tax Andalucia

Old Jan 29th 2021, 9:16 am
Just Joined

sakany123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gift tax Andalucia

What are the requirements when receiving a monetary gift from a family member (son)? I understand you need to make a deed and have to show where the funds came from. But there are references to having to use a Spanish registered company and keep the assets in the company for 5 years. What company? Has anyone done (since mid 2019 wen the laws changed)?
Old Jan 29th 2021, 11:03 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gift tax Andalucia

Yes, you have to go to the notary to sort out a deed of gift but most solicitors seem not to mention the other requirements you mention. I suggest you go and see someone at your local notary for advice.
Old Jan 29th 2021, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sakany123
What are the requirements when receiving a monetary gift from a family member (son)? I understand you need to make a deed and have to show where the funds came from. But there are references to having to use a Spanish registered company and keep the assets in the company for 5 years. What company? Has anyone done (since mid 2019 wen the laws changed)?
If it is sizeable and brought into Spain you should declare within 6 months. If it is a few grand and in a UK account its unlikely to be questioned. I only say this as I asked my Spanish lawyer about declaring money I had inherited but it was not alot and went into UK account. He thought I was acting crazy!!!
Old Jan 29th 2021, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

The less you tell them the better. They would have no idea where the money came from or what it was for.

Old Jan 29th 2021, 8:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

No, they would have no idea where it came from, but they would know you received it and then it would be down to you show where it came from. In Spain, on these matters, you are guilty until proved innocent.