Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gibraltar: Bank account, which bank?

Gibraltar: Bank account, which bank?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

synthie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gibraltar: Bank account, which bank?

Title says it all. I see that there are a number of banks in Gibraltar but I have no idea to which I should go for a current account. We'll live and work in Gib but rent out a house in the UK.
We're currently with the Clydesdale Bank so would stay with them if it makes things easier - I'm not averse to have the Gib account with someone else. Can anyone recommend a Gib bank for a current account or are they all more or less the same?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all
Default Re: Gibraltar: Bank account, which bank?

Clydesdale were taken over by Midland weren´t they? In which case surely Midland Bank in Gibraltar would be simplest as money transfers should be easier and hopefully free. I don´t think there´s an HSBC in Gib which now has Midland.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

The only one worth considering is Natwest
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

synthie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballin
The only one worth considering is Natwest
Thanks for your reply. Have you had very good experiences with this one or bad ones with other banks?