Gibraltar 2

Old Apr 18th 2015, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Good article - emphasises the benefits of cooperation and not the divisiveness of nationalism. Maybe they could talk to Sturgeon and Salmond, not to mention Farage.
Oh, dear, anything relating to Europe and Farage is mentioned. Why? If you must mention Farage then start another (yawn) thread. I don’t understand why some dislike Farage when he is the only party leader who puts Britain and British nationals, and not the EU, first.

Sturgeon and Salmond’s desire is to split up a nation, the UK. A far cry from Farage’s proposals, which are to secure the UK’s independence as a nation, not a state within a state. Farage does not want to split up the UK. Sturgeon and Salmond do. There is a big difference between the two, so I do not understand why Farage is mentioned. Again.

I read the translation of Fred’s post. It points to an excellent lifestyle, as does everything the EU says, but at the end of the day it is up to member states to make that lifestyle possible. That is the European dream. What we have is a nightmare. If the EU was so intent on co-operation, as they say, then what is happening (re Gib and Spain) to the European Union’s plan to merge national air corridors, or to the queues at the border crossing, or to Spain’s constant attacks in the EU re Gibraltar?

I am all for the benefits of cross-border co-operation. But at what Price? Appeasement?

Is there another Farage thread in the offing or will we stay with Gib?
Old Apr 18th 2015, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha
Oh, dear, anything relating to Europe and Farage is mentioned. Why? If you must mention Farage then start another (yawn) thread. I don’t understand why some dislike Farage when he is the only party leader who puts Britain and British nationals, and not the EU, first.

Sturgeon and Salmond’s desire is to split up a nation, the UK. A far cry from Farage’s proposals, which are to secure the UK’s independence as a nation, not a state within a state. Farage does not want to split up the UK. Sturgeon and Salmond do. There is a big difference between the two, so I do not understand why Farage is mentioned. Again.

I read the translation of Fred’s post. It points to an excellent lifestyle, as does everything the EU says, but at the end of the day it is up to member states to make that lifestyle possible. That is the European dream. What we have is a nightmare. If the EU was so intent on co-operation, as they say, then what is happening (re Gib and Spain) to the European Union’s plan to merge national air corridors, or to the queues at the border crossing, or to Spain’s constant attacks in the EU re Gibraltar?

I am all for the benefits of cross-border co-operation. But at what Price? Appeasement?

Is there another Farage thread in the offing or will we stay with Gib?
Sorry you are upset about Farage - the point was about the destructiveness of nationalism not Brexit per se - and I just pulled him out of the hat as a nationalist - I could have put Le Pen or Rajoy. Spanish nationalism is bad for Gib as IMHO it is the biggest danger to harmony in Europe - look at nationalism in Ukraine, Russia etc.

Last edited by MikeJ; Apr 18th 2015 at 2:53 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Sorry you are upset about Farage - the point was about the destructiveness of nationalism not Brexit per se - and I just pulled him out of the hat as a nationalist - I could have put Le Pen or Rajoy. Spanish nationalism is bad for Gib as IMHO it is the biggest danger to harmony in Europe - look at nationalism in Ukraine, Russia etc.
Me, upset about Farage? I couldn’t be happier.

It is not the mention of Farage that concerns me but why he was mentioned.

And can I ask why you did not, in the first instance and only after having thought about it, mention Le Pen or Rajoy first in relation to nationalism?

Don’t you understand what I am saying? You just pulled the name of Farage out of a hat when talking about nationalism, a UK party leader who is a staunch supporter of Gibraltar, and NOT Le Pen or Rajoy. Why Farage? I don’t blame you as this is a trait of many; it is simply media brainwashing.

As for harmony in Europe; just wait until Merkel says the trillion of QE has dried up and there won’t be any more and you will see your harmony in Europe.

And before I get pulled up by someone for going off-topic, I shall leave it there. Unless others want to continue?
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Gibraltar's fault yet again.

Rato utilizó a sus tres hijos para esconder 2,6 millones en Gibraltar | España | EL MUNDO

Soon we will be blamed for all the corruption in Spain

Correction, we already are
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar's fault yet again.

Rato utilizó a sus tres hijos para esconder 2,6 millones en Gibraltar | España | EL MUNDO

Soon we will be blamed for all the corruption in Spain

Correction, we already are
I read the article in El Pias and although Gib was on the list of where he had stashed his ill gotten gains and it was a lot it was not the biggest amount and he had spread it far and wide. These PP types do not seem able to keep their hands out of the cookie jar and seem to think that they are gods chosen therefor it's OK. I just wonder how long it will be before the prime minister is implicated or will we have to wait until after the elections for that.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I just wonder how long it will be before the prime minister is implicated or will we have to wait until after the elections for that.
Unfortunately the Spanish electorate seem to be of the opinion:-

Better the devil you know
Old Apr 19th 2015, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Gibraltar 2

I think the rapid rise of Podemos and Codemos will be sufficient to shake things up nationally although here in western Andalucia I not sure anything short of doomsday will change things!
Old Apr 20th 2015, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately There is more than one country with an electorate like them in Europe.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

For anyone who is interested there are a number of articles with reference to Gibraltar / Spain in Aprils EU Parliament Magazine, Issue 409/10 | 20 April 2015

Pages 62 on

Also a few nice photos

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/serv...n=4&print=true

The articles are summarised here:-

Gibraltar Chronicle - The Independent Daily First Published 1801
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tax - Modelo 720 etc

More than 197,000 taxpayers with €124.5 Billion in money offshore

€20,000 million in Switzerland
€4,000 million in Andorra
But only €260 million in Gibraltar

Yet Spain keeps presenting Gibraltar as the biggest problem

Contribuyentes españoles tienen 24.000 millones en Suiza y Andorra | España | EL PAÍS

Tax Agency uncovers €20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland | In English | EL PAÍS
Old Apr 22nd 2015, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

From elplural.com

Solo el 0,2% de lo recaudado por Hacienda en el extranjero proviene de Gibraltar

Solo el 0,2% de lo recaudado por Hacienda en el extranjero proviene de Gibraltar : Periódico digital progresista

Google translation of part of the article

Only 0.2% of the proceeds from Hacienda abroad comes from Gibraltar

With the approval and even encouraging Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo, the campaign against Gibraltar has increased exponentially with the Popular Party government. And one of the arguments most often is the alleged tax opacity of British enclave.
A good example was the recent deployment of ABC, who described to Gibraltar "base for pirates and privateers of honorable appearance, white glove, but some of the crimes perpetrated most reviled by civilized Europe, including British "

If we take the figures in percentage terms is found that all the money raised abroad only 0.2% was obtained in Gibraltar. Away from 3.2% obtained in neighboring Andorra or 16% obtained in Switzerland. And, despite this, no offensive carried on the Swiss country or Mariano Rajoy are not precluded on official journeys to Andorra, and recently made, while its attitude towards Gibraltar can only be defined as contempt.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Gib is the big greasy blackhead on Rajoys' nose that he's not allowed to squeeze.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 12:14 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Strange that the UK Government shares some of Spains concerns regarding the offshore tax status of Gib plus has also imposed a tax on the activities of those Gambling companies active in the UK but based in Gib.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gib takes €100m step into new financial market

leading jurisdiction for the EU’s fledgling ILS market.

Lottoland

Last edited by Fredbargate; Apr 24th 2015 at 3:51 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 9:28 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Gib takes €100m step into new financial market

leading jurisdiction for the EU’s fledgling ILS market.

Lottoland

Onwards and upwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.