Gibraltar 2

Old Nov 17th 2023, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by growinspain
Keeps the rif-raf out....

I would guess this is also hearsay or from a periodical from the rock that copies the Sun or Daily Mail on the island; could even be the same owner of said "newspapers"
My posts refer to three people I have personally spoken to.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

It's quite hard to believe. Most of the reports I read from the Gib news outlets take a fact and sandwich it between a lot of speculation. The only fact stated in the article is this:
The Borders and Coastguard Agency says a Gibraltarian was refused entry to Spain for failing to produce a Gibraltar red ID card.
It doesn't mention a passport, which is required. The only benefit of the red card is to avoid a passport stamp.

As for the lads from the boozer being refused entry, you don't mention if they had their passports with them or not at the time of trying to cross the border. When I travel I just get the hotel and stick the passports in the safe, as most people do. As you say, they decided to nip over the border for a drink and meal.

You can't expect people to support your cause if you don't provide all the facts.

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
So the two blokes I had a drink with earlier tonight who came out from UK to celebrate Rememberance Day didn't have passports?
They decided earlier today to nip over to Spain for a drink and a meal but were turned back at the frontier.
You really have no idea do you.

Spain is turning away people with passports.

But of course you know better.
🤣

People with passports and Red ID cards are crossing. Other passport holders are being turned back whether they have blue ID cards or not.
But this is beyond your comprehension.
I will repeat where in the linked article did it say those turned back had no passports?
Old Nov 17th 2023, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanNico
It's quite hard to believe.

It doesn't mention a passport, which is required. The only benefit of the red card is to avoid a passport stamp.
As for the lads from the boozer being refused entry, you don't mention if they had their passports with them or not at the time of trying to cross the border.
You can't expect people to support your cause if you don't provide all the facts.
I have posted on a number of occaisions that there is no mention of people not having passports.
The landlord and the two customers I spoke to had passports.

Neither I or anyone else would bring this problem up if these people did not have passports.

Passport free travel from Gib to Spain ended with brexit.

Old Nov 17th 2023, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talk around town yesterday was the recent frontier problem is Spains reaction to Princess Anne's visit to Gibraltar today.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 10:39 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Likewise passport-free travel from the EU to the UK also ended with the UK now requiring passports (not just ID cards) from everyone.

Is this part of Wikipedia true: "As of March 2023, talks remain stalled, with Spain insisting that its Policía Nacional control entry into the Schengen area and the UK demanding that the work be done by officers of the European Union agency Frontex."

The UK wants to tell Spain who will be manning their own border? This has got to be some sort of joke...
Old Nov 17th 2023, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Likewise passport-free travel from the EU to the UK also ended with the UK now requiring passports (not just ID cards) from everyone.

Is this part of Wikipedia true: "As of March 2023, talks remain stalled, with Spain insisting that its Policía Nacional control entry into the Schengen area and the UK demanding that the work be done by officers of the European Union agency Frontex."

The UK wants to tell Spain who will be manning their own border? This has got to be some sort of joke...
Gibraltar is being very foolish indeed. I can't see anything wrong with the current set up of Spanish border police being moved to the airport a few meters away in Gibraltar. Why on earth is this a problem? So Spanish border force check passports in and out of an airport that has a few flights every day. Who cares? Surely it's better than the current set up?

The Gibraltarians should grab this offer with both hands and be thankful they are not lumbered with many of the other Brexit related problems.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lou71
Gibraltar is being very foolish indeed. I can't see anything wrong with the current set up of Spanish border police being moved to the airport a few meters away in Gibraltar. Why on earth is this a problem? So Spanish border force check passports in and out of an airport that has a few flights every day. Who cares? Surely it's better than the current set up?
The MOD cares. This would allow a foriegn country access to UK troop movements.

It would akso put Spanish (unfriendly) Government personel on the ground in Gib controlling who enters Gib

Also please note these decisions are generally made by UK not Gib.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

The MOD cares. This would allow a foriegn country access to UK troop movements.

It would akso put Spanish (unfriendly) Government personel on the ground in Gib controlling who enters Gib

Also please note these decisions are generally made by UK not Gib.
I think it's a risk you are going to have to take.

If I can be blunt, the dangerously useless UK government should be told to sod off. They caused this situation and dropped Gibraltar in the brown stuff leaving them with very few options.

Take Spain's offer while you can.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 12:33 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

This would allow a foreign country access to UK troop movements.

It would also put Spanish (unfriendly) Government personel on the ground in Gib controlling who enters Gib
Surely military planes are exempt and only civilian air traffic will be processed by airport border staff?

Is all this being done to bring Gibraltar into the Schengen zone and/or remove the land border? If so then I understand Spain's position here.

Originally Posted by Lou71
f I can be blunt, the dangerously useless UK government should be told to sod off. They caused this situation and dropped Gibraltar in the brown stuff leaving them with very few options.
The Tories sold everyone down the river, from Gibraltarians to ordinary fishermen back home. There will be a continual mess not just politically but also economically until the day the UK becomes an EEA member or signs enough bilateral agreements like Switzerland to allow it to participate in the single market.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Tories sold everyone down the river, from Gibraltarians to ordinary fishermen back home. There will be a continual mess not just politically but also economically until the day the UK becomes an EEA member or signs enough bilateral agreements like Switzerland to allow it to participate in the single market.
Spot on, it's a stupid, hideous mess and the only way out is for the UK to rejoin the single market somehow. It's far quicker than rejoining the EU which would take years.
Old Nov 17th 2023, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

I have posted on a number of occaisions that there is no mention of people not having passports.
The landlord and the two customers I spoke to had passports.

Neither I or anyone else would bring this problem up if these people did not have passports.

Come on Fred, you're a smart guy and know how to answer a question with a politicians answer just as I will question something if the facts or statements are incomplete. All you're saying is these people have passports. You're not saying they presented their passports and were denied entry. You don't just get told to bog off at the border if you present your passport. You are refused entry and given a reason. You may use that reason to appeal the decision.

If I understand correctly, blue card holders must present the blue card, their passport, travel plans etc. Red card holders must present their red and passport which is not to be stamped.

Until these 'news outlets' can actually present some evidence that any of this is true, along with a little checklist showing that these people met all the requirements for entry then it's just hearsay and gossip.
Old Nov 18th 2023, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

All you're saying is these people have passports. You're not saying they presented their passports and were denied entry. You don't just get told to bog off at the border if you present your passport. You are refused entry and given a reason. You may use that reason to appeal the decision.
[/QUOTE]

I am saying they presented thier passports.
They were told "to bog off"
Appeal to who?
We are talking about Spain here

My information is comming from some of the people who were affected not just media information.

Anyone should be able to cross this frontier by presenting a passport. Forget ID cards or tgere colour.
Earlier this year I did just that and had my passport stamped.

I mentioned Princess Anne earlier.
Her flight was diverted to Malaga 🤣
Old Nov 18th 2023, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Surely military planes are exempt and only civilian air traffic will be processed by airport border staff?
Military personel often arrive on scheduled civilian flights.
Old Nov 18th 2023, 8:12 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I am saying they presented thier passports.
They were told "to bog off"
Appeal to who?
We are talking about Spain here

My information is comming from some of the people who were affected not just media information.

Anyone should be able to cross this frontier by presenting a passport. Forget ID cards or tgere colour.
Earlier this year I did just that and had my passport stamped.
They'd probably previously visited Spain, got an entry stamp and no matching exit stamp.

Should count themselves lucky not to have collected a big fine along with the refusal of entry.
Old Nov 18th 2023, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There seems to be a pathetic attempt to blame these people who were refused entry rather than accept the truth, that Spain denied them entry for no acceptable reason.

I suppose this is painful to those who have migrated to Spain

Last edited by Fredbargate; Nov 18th 2023 at 10:24 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.