Gibraltar 2

Old Jun 8th 2021, 9:16 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

When the full Gibraltar/Schengen agreement is implemented, UK passports which aren't shown with a Schengen residency card will have to be stamped on arrival in Gibraltar.

Until then, I guess Spain stamps them at its border.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
When the full Gibraltar/Schengen agreement is implemented, UK passports which aren't shown with a Schengen residency card will have to be stamped on arrival in Gibraltar.

Until then, I guess Spain stamps them at its border.
Would you like to explain.

In 45 years I have only had my passport stamped in Gibraltar at my request

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jun 9th 2021 at 6:03 am.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 7:48 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Would you like to explain.

In 45 years I have only had my passport stamped in Gibraltar at my request
That was the past. When the full agreement is enacted Gibraltar will be in the Schengen area and Frontex in Gibraltar will be stamping British passports belonging to those people who aren't residents of the Schengen area when they arrive from the UK.

Until the full agreement is enacted, Gibraltar isn't in the Schengen area so it's not stamping passports and Spain's doing the stamping at their border.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
That was the past. When the full agreement is enacted Gibraltar will be in the Schengen area and Frontex in Gibraltar will be stamping British passports belonging to those people who aren't residents of the Schengen area when they arrive from the UK.

Until the full agreement is enacted, Gibraltar isn't in the Schengen area so it's not stamping passports and Spain's doing the stamping at their border.
At the moment there is opposition to Frontex opperating in Gibraltar so we will have to wait and see the final outcome.

Also at present there are many non-europeans transiting through Gibraltar who I believe will not be allowed into the Schengen area.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jun 9th 2021 at 8:09 am.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 8:17 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

They would have to show a passport at the border like the British. Also a visa if they've not set out from a Schengen visa waiver country.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

You can´t take anything for granted now re-stamping of passports.I´ve never had my passport stamped,as a British National,entering the UK until this January when I returned permanently to Britain.British Border Control did & I have the(only) stamp to prove it.
Old Jun 9th 2021, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry a day late for the 52nd anniversary

Spanish leader Francisco Franco ordered the closure of the border gate on 8 June 1969
Old Jun 9th 2021, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DLC
They would have to show a passport at the border like the British. Also a visa if they've not set out from a Schengen visa waiver country.
So the Schengen border personel would happily stamp the passports and allow entry to Philipinos and other non Europeans?
Old Jun 9th 2021, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dougal03
You can´t take anything for granted now re-stamping of passports.
My passport from early 1985

Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that´s impressive Fred.Although I was resident in Spain in 1984,I didn´t visit Gib. until much later as we had a business to run & rarely got away.However I do remember people going off for a weekend visit out of Spain into Gib.or Andorra.Obviously to prove,via a stamped passport,that they had left,then re-entered.Did that become unnecessary when Spain joined the EU,Fred?
Old Jun 9th 2021, 2:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dougal03
Wow that´s impressive Fred.Although I was resident in Spain in 1984,I didn´t visit Gib. until much later as we had a business to run & rarely got away.However I do remember people going off for a weekend visit out of Spain into Gib.or Andorra.Obviously to prove,via a stamped passport,that they had left,then re-entered.Did that become unnecessary when Spain joined the EU,Fred?
It did drop off eventually but I do not recall when.

I had a stack of passports like this but the boss made me discard them.

Please note I was stamped twice a day in and out of Spain

Spaniards were stamped three times a day in and out of Spain plus into Gibraltar.

The good thing was in Gibraltar at that time it was possible to renew a passport in 24 hours
Old Jun 9th 2021, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The passport below is my favorite, all the stamps are into the marina at Smir Morocco with the exception of the top left which is the port of Nador in Morocco dated

32nd February 1995

Old Jun 10th 2021, 8:33 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
So the Schengen border personel would happily stamp the passports and allow entry to Philipinos and other non Europeans?
If they have a visa, why not?
Old Jun 10th 2021, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DLC
If they have a visa, why not?
I doubt the Pilipinos will have visas and dread to think how long it would take for them to acquire one.

At present they are arriving here in Gibraltar very regularly unhinpeeded by Schengen rules.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 7:40 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

There is a Schengen transit visa for just such a thing.

And if Filipinos really can't transit via Gibraltar (don't know, haven't looked into it...), the Gibraltan government would have to weigh up the pros and cons of transiting Filipinos vs staying out of Schengen.

Last edited by DLC; Jun 10th 2021 at 7:44 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.