Gibraltar 2

Old Oct 2nd 2020, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
£40 for 500mbps?????? I pay $89 CI dollars (£84 GBP) for 25 mbps!!!! .
Hi the price should read £49 the local government are now advertising 1 gb @ £65 but other parts like the TV are crap
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 8:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Yes there is a lot of speculation but only time will decide if it's correct

https://www.google.com/search?client...altar+schengen
It this is allowed to happen, then Gibraltar will become "de facto" uncoupled from the UK forever.
Old Oct 3rd 2020, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by malcom1970
It this is allowed to happen, then Gibraltar will become "de facto" uncoupled from the UK forever.
I appreciate what you are saying but our Chief Minister believes otherwise.
But time will tell.

https://www.chronicle.gi/post-brexit...utral-cm-says/

Old Oct 16th 2020, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

15th October 2020The Governor, Vice Admiral Sir David Steel, formally opened the North Dispersal area of the Gibraltar airfield at a ceremony on the site on Thursday afternoon.

“I have never been asked to attend the opening of a piece of ground,” the Governor joked.

“And when I said to Dominic my Aide De Camp ‘what do you think I should do? Do I sit down and touch or kiss the ground?’, he said: ‘Sir you are the Governor, not the Pope.”

‘So, I won’t be doing that this afternoon,” he added, laughing.

https://www.chronicle.gi/governor-op...ece-of-tarmac/
Old Nov 9th 2020, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Shopping in Gibraltar for residents of Spain

You may be aware that many expats living in Spain close to Gibralatr come here regularly for a fix of the British taste:-

However that may change See below

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/soci...ays-government

"As from 1 January 2021, it may no longer be possible for individuals to introduce any quantity of meat, milk, pet-food, or fishery products into the European Union, therefore into Spain."
Old Nov 9th 2020, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Fred,there is a report or maybe it is only a rumour,that the Police in La Linea are stopping people from crossing into Gib.from there.Surely they cannot stop a British National access to a British owned territory?If so,this is like Franco closing the border all those years ago.But seriously,I´m beginning to think I dreamt it as it seems so bizarre.Is the border closed on your side?And can you get back into UK from there without needing to self-isolate on arrival still?
Old Nov 9th 2020, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dougal03
Fred,there is a report or maybe it is only a rumour,that the Police in La Linea are stopping people from crossing into Gib.from there.Surely they cannot stop a British National access to a British owned territory?If so,this is like Franco closing the border all those years ago.But seriously,I´m beginning to think I dreamt it as it seems so bizarre.Is the border closed on your side?And can you get back into UK from there without needing to self-isolate on arrival still?
Please note the frontier has never been closed on the GIB side, not even between 1969 and 1985

This morning an English friend living in Spain visited me to collect his laptop I had repaired, so no problems at the frontier that I know of.
He is a drinking partner and we usually have Thursday nights out together ( Except when he spent months of locdown on his yacht, in Trinidad) this is now cancelled for the time being as Andalucia has to be home for 7pm?
Reference returning to UK I'm not sure I have heard various accounts and also read the FCO site which leaves me more confused!!!
University students are being advised not to return home before the Christmas break.
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dougal03
And can you get back into UK from there without needing to self-isolate on arrival still?
The below quote would appear to prevent travel through Andalucia so preventing all but residents of Gib and La Linea accessing the airport.

Unjustified travel between towns will be banned for a period of two weeks until the 23rd of November, unless there is a valid reason - such as work or health.
https://www.gbc.gi/news/restrictions...short-lockdown
Old Nov 10th 2020, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fred.
Old Nov 10th 2020, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Another impact of this is a knock on to Gib in the fact that most bar and restaurant staff in Gib are spanish residents therefore I cannot see many if any of these businesses being open in the evenings here
Old Nov 11th 2020, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What Happens to Gibraltar After Brexit?

Old Nov 11th 2020, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Fred.I found it most interesting.In my simple view,it appears like,If Gibraltar joins Schengen which,as was said, it makes a move closer to the EU.Yet will still be a British Overseas Territory.Now that would be having your cake & eating it too.But I would applaud that,in this case as it so obviously in the best interests of both Gibraltar & Spain.
Old Nov 11th 2020, 3:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi dougal it would put us in a better place than we were in as EU citizens
Rather weird
If it happens?
Old Nov 11th 2020, 3:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Today Gibraltar has recorded it's first covid death.
A women in her early 90's who was a resident of Elderly Residential Services
Old Nov 13th 2020, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The UK on Thursday underscored its "firm commitment" commitment to securing a deal for the Rock's future relationship with the European Union that "protect's Gibraltar, its people and its economy".

https://www.chronicle.gi/gib-and-bre...gonzalez-laya/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.