Gibraltar 2

Old Sep 16th 2020, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Inside Gibraltar

https://www.chronicle.gi/a-tour-of-t...ar-ii-tunnels/

An article about the WWII tunnels
Old Sep 18th 2020, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

More Gibraltar history & photos

EUROPA POINT

The Europa Point’s lighthouse was first lit up in 1841 and is the only lighthouse outside the UK that is overseen by Trinity House. + more

https://www.chronicle.gi/the-history-of-europa-point/
Old Sep 19th 2020, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gorhams Cave UNESCO World Heritage Site home to Neanderthals

https://www.chronicle.gi/a-look-at-gorhams-cave/
Old Sep 21st 2020, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The City Walls, Gibraltar’s defensive system

https://www.chronicle.gi/the-city-wa...ensive-system/
Old Sep 21st 2020, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links Fred. V. Interesting articles.
How is Gib coping with Covid - I noticed that the commentators were wearing masks etc.
Also, has anything changed since we left the EU? I know you supported leave , how's it going with you. How will relations with Spain change?

Old Sep 22nd 2020, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Thanks for the links Fred. V. Interesting articles.
How is Gib coping with Covid - I noticed that the commentators were wearing masks etc.
Also, has anything changed since we left the EU? I know you supported leave , how's it going with you. How will relations with Spain change?
Gib is coping like all other places except we have had no deaths, however a frontier worker in her 40's died in La Linea this week
Masks are compulsory in all shops etc but not in the street.
Saturday I had a couple visiting from Manchester, one being a doctor and was surprised to see that they put their masks on to walk through my house only to remove them on the balcony.
Ref EU everything is still the sameish but lets wait and see what the new year brings.
However if what the chief minister is claiming is true we may end up with most of the benefits the EU should have given us and failed to do so after we have left.
IRONIC
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gib is coping like all other places except we have had no deaths, however a frontier worker in her 40's died in La Linea this week
Masks are compulsory in all shops etc but not in the street.
Saturday I had a couple visiting from Manchester, one being a doctor and was surprised to see that they put their masks on to walk through my house only to remove them on the balcony.
Ref EU everything is still the sameish but lets wait and see what the new year brings.
However if what the chief minister is claiming is true we may end up with most of the benefits the EU should have given us and failed to do so after we have left.
IRONIC
is that all Brits or just Gibralterians?
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
is that all Brits or just Gibralterians?
Sorry John I am not clear what you are asking

P.S Correct spelling is Gibraltarians
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry John I am not clear what you are asking

P.S Correct spelling is Gibraltarians
My question was will the favourable new conditions apply to Brit legal residents of Gibraltar or just to Gibraltarians who have citizenship of Gibraltar?
Old Sep 23rd 2020, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
My question was will the favourable new conditions apply to Brit legal residents of Gibraltar or just to Gibraltarians who have citizenship of Gibraltar?
Hi John I believe they will apply to anyone who is a resident of Gib regardless of thier nationality, but only time will tell.

Note I posted "However if what the chief minister is claiming is true"

Also back when the frontier first reopened back in the eighties it was only Brits resident in Gib and Spaniards that could cross, other nationalities had to wait until Spain had joined the Common Market.
Old Oct 1st 2020, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone give me an idea as to the TRUE cost of living in Gibraltar? Food, utilities, beer...etc. Am currently in the Cayman Islands (and loving it) but toying with Gibraltar as it's much closer to home. Thanks.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
Can anyone give me an idea as to the TRUE cost of living in Gibraltar? Food, utilities, beer...etc. Am currently in the Cayman Islands (and loving it) but toying with Gibraltar as it's much closer to home. Thanks.
I have no idea of costs in the Caymans but hopefully the following will help

Food A little above the UK price but shopping in Spain reduces that.
Beer from £3.00 a pint and up
Housing https://www.propertygibraltar.com/
Potable Water Measured in units of 100 litres at £0.25p / unit up to 45 units, thereafter £0.64p / unit with a £3.00 standing charge I average out at 45 units / month, two people in a 3 bed flat
Electricity £08.8 / kwh + £4.00 standing charge again we average 380 units / month with the whole flat having aircon.
Also note toilets are flushed with salt water on a free supply.

Internet I pay £40.00 / month for a 500 Mbps second download 50 Mbps upload +free TV and free local telephone. However I have just spotted a charge of £39 / month but will wait and see

Hope this helps
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 8:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat077 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've read that Gibraltar could apply to be part of the Schengen area.
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by malcom1970
I've read that Gibraltar could apply to be part of the Schengen area.
Yes there is a lot of speculation but only time will decide if it's correct

https://www.google.com/search?client...altar+schengen
Old Oct 2nd 2020, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea of costs in the Caymans but hopefully the following will help

Food A little above the UK price but shopping in Spain reduces that.
Beer from £3.00 a pint and up
Housing https://www.propertygibraltar.com/
Potable Water Measured in units of 100 litres at £0.25p / unit up to 45 units, thereafter £0.64p / unit with a £3.00 standing charge I average out at 45 units / month, two people in a 3 bed flat
Electricity £08.8 / kwh + £4.00 standing charge again we average 380 units / month with the whole flat having aircon.
Also note toilets are flushed with salt water on a free supply.

Internet I pay £40.00 / month for a 500 Mbps second download 50 Mbps upload +free TV and free local telephone. However I have just spotted a charge of £39 / month but will wait and see

Hope this helps
We battle with Bermuda as to where is the most expensive place to live in the world. https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...ies-to-live-in. We win a lot. What you've said certainly is a lot more affordable than where I am now but then my wages in Gibraltar would reflect the difference anyway. £40 for 500mbps?????? I pay $89 CI dollars (£84 GBP) for 25 mbps!!!! The rest of the utilites look a bargain too. Property and whether my potential employer pays me the rate that my experience reflects is the stumbling block.

Thanks all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.