Gibraltar 2

Old Dec 19th 2019, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

The Chief Minister, Fabian Picardo, has announced in Parliament the Government has started the process to press criminal charges in Spain against four leading members of the far-right political party Vox on the grounds that it is inciting hatred and violence against Gibraltar's people.

Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

PEOPLE SMUGGLING TAKE YOUR PICK :-

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/crim...nt-traffickers

https://www.chronicle.gi/cross-borde...way-to-europe/

https://www.gbc.gi/news/47-arrested-...ple-traffickin

I first heard this on the BBC evening news where they claimed dozens of people had been arrested in Gibraltar which appears at odds with local reports

Old Jan 21st 2020, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

My first trip to Gibraltar last weekend. Only stayed for the afternoon. First impressions. Strange! Very odd/different/interesting. Spain feels so far away even though it's not. It's a nice town/place even though I didn't get to see all of it this time. Seeing the "no surrender" stuff in the shops had similarities to loyalism in Northern Ireland (I'm Irish, so had a chuckle at that). I don't have an opinion on the Gib. debate, but an interesting place to visit. Now if I could land a job there, I'd be sorted
Had a coffee in Costa, and found it expensive! I don't drink or smoke, so nothing to take advantage of there... :/
Old Jan 21st 2020, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by criodain
My first trip to Gibraltar last weekend. Only stayed for the afternoon. First impressions. Strange! Very odd/different/interesting. Spain feels so far away even though it's not. It's a nice town/place even though I didn't get to see all of it this time. Seeing the "no surrender" stuff in the shops had similarities to loyalism in Northern Ireland (I'm Irish, so had a chuckle at that). I don't have an opinion on the Gib. debate, but an interesting place to visit. Now if I could land a job there, I'd be sorted
Had a coffee in Costa, and found it expensive! I don't drink or smoke, so nothing to take advantage of there... :/
When I first arrived here it took me about 4 years before I began to settle.
Ref jobs a recent announcement stated that the average wage in the online gambling industry is around £83,000
Also in the news:-
Before the start of the weekend the Associated Press (AFP) published an interview with Chief Minister Fabian Picardo who pulled a real Brexit corker out the hat, when he informed the AFP that ‘Gibraltar was considering becoming part of the Schengen zone’ explained, as a way of ensuring fluidity of movement with our border with Spain after the UK and Gibraltar leaves the European Union.
Picardo’s Schengen BOMBSHELL | Gibraltar Panorama
Old Jan 21st 2020, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
When I first arrived here it took me about 4 years before I began to settle.
Ref jobs a recent announcement stated that the average wage in the online gambling industry is around £83,000
Also in the news:-
Before the start of the weekend the Associated Press (AFP) published an interview with Chief Minister Fabian Picardo who pulled a real Brexit corker out the hat, when he informed the AFP that ‘Gibraltar was considering becoming part of the Schengen zone’ explained, as a way of ensuring fluidity of movement with our border with Spain after the UK and Gibraltar leaves the European Union.
Picardo’s Schengen BOMBSHELL | Gibraltar Panorama
Do you work in the online gambling industry? Seems to be a lot of negative press these days about it. Some attractive salaries though for Gibraltar. I work in online marketing and am bouncing between south of Spain and Ire.
Old Jan 21st 2020, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by criodain
Do you work in the online gambling industry? Seems to be a lot of negative press these days about it. Some attractive salaries though for Gibraltar. I work in online marketing and am bouncing between south of Spain and Ire.
I gave up working 13 years ago
Old Jan 24th 2020, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Fredbargate Lucky you!
Old Jan 28th 2020, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Foreign Office has officially deemed two incidents involving Spanish Military aircraft activity by the runway on Tuesday afternoon as incursions, adding it will be protesting officially to Madrid.

Two separate incidents delayed both the BA flight's arrival and departure.

Incoming and outgoing flights at Gibraltar airport were delayed after Spanish aircraft interfered with airfield operations in Gibraltar airspace.

The incoming flight was held clear for five minutes before landing due to the presence of a Guardia Civil helicopter, with passengers

A second military aircraft in the area then delayed the British Airways flight's take off.
Old Mar 9th 2020, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MikeJ
We are going back an awful long time here Mike, but I thought the following might be of interest.

The program Marine Traffic has recently started marking Territorial Waters worldwide on it's pages https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais...y:36.1/zoom:10

This clearly shows Gibraltar's territorial water and the absurdity of Spain's claim in relation the size of their loss of fishing grounds
Old Mar 12th 2020, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The main problem with the proposal being bandied about is that it falls between two stools, because unlike Portugal and Italy, which have created parliamentary constituencies for their citizens abroad, the UK still has external territories, but unlike France, it has never given them parliamentary representation through incorporating them into its national territory, instead expecting each of them to behave as much like independent countries as possible, even if they do not become independent.

Strictly speaking, the UK can extend voting rights and parliamentary representation to anyone anywhere in the world, just as other countries have done, and if it wants to extend these to those living outside the UK, under its sovereignty or outside it, it can do that too. But does it really want to?

STORM OVER GIBRALTAR HAVING AN MP IN PARLIAMENT: Representation in Westminster group accused of being 'ineffective' while Chief Minister is 'fence sitting' | Gibraltar Panorama
Old Apr 2nd 2020, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A La Linea businessman yesterday said he will petition political parties to bestow the city’s highest award of recognition, the Medalla de Oro de La Linea, on the people of Gibraltar and the Chief Minister Fabian Picardo.

https://www.chronicle.gi/la-linea-bu...raltar-and-cm/
Old Apr 13th 2020, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Gibraltar Squadron has intercepted a Guardia Civil vessel as it attempted to take executive action in Gibraltar waters. GBC understands the Guardia Civil's S21 launch stopped next to a local sailing boat, and attempted to board it. HMS Sabre attended and disrupted the activity. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said it will log a diplomatic protest with Madrid.
Old Apr 18th 2020, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If anyone would like to do a vitual tour of Gibraltar Museum to get you out and about the link is:-

https://www.gibmuseum.gi/our-work/virtual-museum
Old Apr 22nd 2020, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A US political advisor and army veteran has criticised Spain for denying an American Hercules aircraft airspace access to Gibraltar, describing the incident as 'very concerning'.

Luke Coffey, Director of the Foreign Policy at the influencial think tank, The Heritage Foundation, says the U.S. KC-130 Hercules flying over Gibraltar had its second programmed approach denied by Seville air traffic control despite being cleared by Gibraltar Air Traffic Control.

Mr Coffey says it is in NATO’s interest that its aircraft & vessels can travel freely between all friendly ports and bases in the region including Gibraltar’s. He says is astonishing that Spain should impose such burdensome restrictions on NATO allies.

The Twitter thread was quoted by the Chief Minister, who said Mr Coffey's comments set out the view of events in and around Gibraltar from the perspective of the United States, an ally and friend for centuries.
Old May 26th 2020, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Government says it is “concerned” at what is describes as a “throw-away line” in an interview this morning on Cadena Ser by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, the European Union and Cooperation, Ms Gonzalez Laya, in which she referred to ‘agreeing a new status for Gibraltar between Spain and the United Kingdom’.

The Chief Minister Fabian Picardo said
But let us be very clear about one thing: I will be negotiating for Gibraltar. No one else is democratically empowered to do so and no one else can agree anything for the people of Gibraltar with any democratic credibility.

https://www.yourgibraltartv.com/poli...-for-gibraltar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.