Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting utility meters connected in Chiclana

Getting utility meters connected in Chiclana

Old Jan 15th 2005, 7:58 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting utility meters connected in Chiclana

Originally Posted by dazzle
can anyone say how long it takes on average to get electricity switched from builders electricity? We've been waiting 5 months now and I was beginning to think there was something wrong, but listening to Glynis, maybe not.
Most delays in Spain are caused by relevant paperwork, or relevant people reading relevant paperwork and using relevant stamp.

It could be any length of time.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dazzle
can anyone say how long it takes on average to get electricity switched from builders electricity? We've been waiting 5 months now and I was beginning to think there was something wrong, but listening to Glynis, maybe not.
Well just to end this saga, our package in Chiclana post office did contain all the necessary paperwork. This enabled our lawyer to go into full Zoom mode and by the beginning of this week, we were told that we have both electricity meters and water meters connected and next time we go there all will be in working order. Which is a relief. So it seems that if you have the right paperwork, it can be done in a matter of a couple of weeks. Faith in lawyer duly restored.

So I guess it depends what is causing the wait in your case. Are you waiting for particular paperwork to arrive? I gather that Chiclana particularly are making life a bit difficult if properties are not on areas that are legalised urbanisations and in those cases progress can be slow as the authorities drag their feet. But I only heard this on the grapevine, doesn;t mean it's true!!!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping that when our little plot of four properties are finished the electricity will be sorted out!
Will be seeing our lawyer next week to collect our deeds so will ask her.
Glad yours is sorted but keep your fingers crossed until you arrive!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glynis
Hoping that when our little plot of four properties are finished the electricity will be sorted out!
Will be seeing our lawyer next week to collect our deeds so will ask her.
Glad yours is sorted but keep your fingers crossed until you arrive!
Thanks Glynis

Yeah, like you say, I'l believe it when I see it...

Hope you get good news about your permanent supply when you see your lawyer.