Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting rid of furniture

Getting rid of furniture

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:28 pm
老外

Beachhutman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Getting rid of furniture

having just arrived to live here and now having FAR too much - mostly bedroom - furniture, I need to get rid of it. Not for profit. I am not up to Ebay in Spanish, and the local freecycle on the Costa del Sol seems comatose. Does anyone know if there are any charities, or any other ways, that one can use to get rid of stuff? I have no van, it would have to be collected. Malaga Cordoba borders.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:38 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting rid of furniture

Originally Posted by Beachhutman
having just arrived to live here and now having FAR too much - mostly bedroom - furniture, I need to get rid of it. Not for profit. I am not up to Ebay in Spanish, and the local freecycle on the Costa del Sol seems comatose. Does anyone know if there are any charities, or any other ways, that one can use to get rid of stuff? I have no van, it would have to be collected. Malaga Cordoba borders.
In our area the first Monday of every month is when people put useful items and furniture out beside the large rubbish bins. They call it 'people to people' and anyone who wnats any of the items take them away, whatever is left is removed by the council.

Can you mention it to some of your Spanish neighbours, they usually know someone who could make use of things.

Rosemary
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Anything left near the bins in our area usually goes within minutes. ;-)
I am sure someone will have a needy home for it.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:59 pm
老外

I think a double bed (including double mattress) and a huge wardrobe might be asking a bit much of the local skip divers!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I think a double bed (including double mattress) and a huge wardrobe might be asking a bit much of the local skip divers!
Put a note on your door, gate or whatever saying that there is a double bed and wardrobe available...LIBRE....bet you get takers.

Rosemary
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Put a note on your door, gate or whatever saying that there is a double bed and wardrobe available...LIBRE....bet you get takers.

Rosemary
that would be great if you are trying to free beds and wardrobes from the oppression of human exploitation, if you wanted people to take it for free then Gratis might be better eh?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:11 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

With a name like Beachhutman I am very very surprised at what furniture you had in there. Sounds like a right shaggin palace. You thought you had left your hut behind didn't you.....ahhhhh no I just got this piccy for you to share

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:13 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rosemary

I know two young ladies who frequent the N340 would love those at the side of the road. Would increase trade no end.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:38 am
老外

Beachhutman dot com for the story and the blog links!
Hmmm, hadn't thought of renting the bed by the hour.......