Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Getting nervous - job interview tomorrow!

Getting nervous - job interview tomorrow!

Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default Re: Getting nervous - job interview tomorrow!

Ok. It certainly made it more interesting.
As I was posting that message I got a phone call from another Head setting up a new primary in the Murcia area. So that's another interview for May 2nd.
Seen another couple of jobs so I'm going to reseach the areas over the weekend and see if its the right location for us.
Anyway, if I don't get a job we are still coming over this summer and have definitely decided in the Costa Del Sol to start with.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
As I was posting that message I got a phone call from another Head setting up a new primary in the Murcia area. So that's another interview for May 2nd.
Seen another couple of jobs so I'm going to reseach the areas over the weekend and see if its the right location for us.
Anyway, if I don't get a job we are still coming over this summer and have definitely decided in the Costa Del Sol to start with.
Always remember that an interview is a two way thing. Whilst they are interviewing you to see if you are fit to do the job you must bear in mind the fact that you are also interviewing them to see if you want to work for them.

Rosemary
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:32 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Getting nervous - job interview tomorrow!

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Hi Sunnydee!
Well that's one interview over. Well done on arranging another interview in the meantime. Do you know when the first one will let you know if you have the job?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:35 am
Just Joined

thulin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I would like to ask from you for some advice regardles one interview question. How would you answer to the following question:
what are the challenges in workig for a private company and focusing to corporate social responsibility activities.

Any idea would be very mnuch apreciated.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thulin
Hi I would like to ask from you for some advice regardles one interview question. How would you answer to the following question:
what are the challenges in workig for a private company and focusing to corporate social responsibility activities.

If you can answer that , he will know you are after his job. ;-)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:48 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thulin

Presumeably the bit about corporate responsibility refers to the need to make sure that no resources are wasted as profit is the key to maintaining a healthy company.

So I guess your answer would need to be couched in terms that refer to ensuring that time, resources etc are important and the fact that all employees need to be fully aware of this in order to maintain a lucrative working environment.

If you have the gift of the gab you should be able to waffle something about time and resources not being wasted to ensure effective and efficient working practices to increase motivation and profitability.

But heh I know nothing and it is me doing the waffling here.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:51 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Presumeably the bit about corporate responsibility refers to the need to make sure that no resources are wasted as profit is the key to maintaining a healthy company.

So I guess your answer would need to be couched in terms that refer to ensuring that time, resources etc are important and the fact that all employees need to be fully aware of this in order to maintain a lucrative working environment.

If you have the gift of the gab you should be able to waffle something about time and resources not being wasted to ensure effective and efficient working practices to increase motivation and profitability.

But heh I know nothing and it is me doing the waffling here.

Rosemary
Thats what I meant , if it is answered too good the guy will think you are after his position.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Thats what I meant , if it is answered too good the guy will think you are after his position.
I know people who have been employed because when they were asked what they saw themselves doing in the future they said 'your job'.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2007, 2:20 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I know people who have been employed because when they were asked what they saw themselves doing in the future they said 'your job'.

Rosemary

When the hospital I worked for became a trust with another hospital I was interviewed for a job and I was asked "where do you see your self in 10 years time" my answer was "out of work, because in 10 years time this job will be obsolete" there was a lot of coughing and hanging of heads and then one of the interview panel said, " OK, lets move on". I got the job.

Well I was right, and I had the last laugh, the 4 men interviewing me were all made redundant within months and my new manager did not like me (can you believe that) and over the next 10 years he gradually transferred my duties, responsiblities and 2 3rds of my staff from where I was working to the other hospital. He thought by doing this I would resign, he could not understand that I was planning my retirement and move to Spain, also I was getting paid £15,000 more than the person working along side me doing the same duties as me. Can you understand that, no wonder the NHS is screwed up.

As for the question that thulin asked bit like others I am good at waffling so I expect I would have come up with something.