British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Getting Married in Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/getting-married-spain-531948/)

cmorgy Apr 24th 2008 8:35 pm

Getting Married in Spain

We are looking to get married later this year, does anyone know of a Vicar etc around the Ciudad Quesada / Torrevieja (Costa Blanca) area, just a small garden wedding. There was someone who used to advertise in the Coastrider paper but haven't seen his avert for a while. Any help will be much appreciated.

buenavista Apr 24th 2008 8:41 pm

Re: Getting Married in Spain

Originally Posted by cmorgy (Post 6261616)
We are looking to get married later this year, does anyone know of a Vicar etc around the Ciudad Quesada / Torrevieja (Costa Blanca) area, just a small garden wedding. There was someone who used to advertise in the Coastrider paper but haven't seen his avert for a while. Any help will be much appreciated.

Congratulations!! Sorry, I can't help with your query but can you contact the paper for his contact details? :)

cmorgy Apr 24th 2008 9:15 pm

didn't think of that one, will give it a try, ta

ex reg Apr 25th 2008 3:21 am

There is an Anglican church in Denia and the vicar there also does services in Benidorm iirc.

Haven't got an url so why not do some googling.
I'm sure if you contact the Anglican church in Spain they'll be able to help with a vicar.

Here we are try this site

El Capitan Apr 28th 2008 10:40 am

Consider Gib for a wedding, we did it last year and it was easy to arrange.
Have a good day.

crispy Apr 28th 2008 10:58 am

Originally Posted by El Capitan (Post 6276257)
Consider Gib for a wedding, we did it last year and it was easy to arrange.
Have a good day.

I got married in Gib as well last year, it is so much less hassel than getting married in Spain:)

Fred James Apr 28th 2008 12:42 pm

It can be complicated to get married in Spain.

There is some info on the UK Embassy site

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1150455595930

Most people opt for a wedding in Gib and a celebration in Spain.

jdr Apr 28th 2008 12:48 pm

Our daughter looked into it and then got married on the beach in Cancun Mexico. ;-))

bokeh Apr 28th 2008 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by crispy (Post 6276333)
I got married in Gib as well last year, it is so much less hassel than getting married in Spain:)

More like no hassle. It's super simple. Arrange with the register office by email. Turn up 24+ hour beforehand, fill in forms and pay. Cross the road to the notary office and swear declaration. Take form back to register office. Return on the arranged date and get married. No silly bureaucracy, prerequisites or waiting months for an appointment.

El Capitan Apr 28th 2008 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by bokeh (Post 6276864)
More like no hassle. It's super simple. Arrange with the register office by email. Turn up 24+ hour beforehand, fill in forms and pay. Cross the road to the notary office and swear declaration. Take form back to register office. Return on the arranged date and get married. No silly bureaucracy, prerequisites or waiting months for an appointment.

Does depend where you want to get married Bokeh, we had to wait to get an appointment becasue we wanted the botanic gardens as our venue. the rest, as you say is easy but beware the registry office only take cheques if drawn on a Gib bank account or, as in my case, they want cash.

cmorgy Apr 28th 2008 1:32 pm

Many thanks all for your thoughts, don't really know what to do now????

crispy Apr 28th 2008 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by cmorgy (Post 6277018)

When we got married we had the last appointment of the day 12 noon, travelled from Chiclana just over the hours drive, we had breakfast in the Bristol Hotel just along the road from the registry office. After the ceremony we went for a drink in a local bar in the high street to calm the nerves, we then did a quick bit of shopping in Morrison's and left the rock. We stopped in a little venta just on the Spanish mainland had the meal of the day along with about 30 Spanish builders for E7.50 per person:lol:

By this time it was getting on for 4pm so we drove to the Hotel Reina Cristina
in Algeciras (89 euros per night for a double room and breakfast, an extra
12 euros for the evening meal, this was in December so I expect it would be more in season.

There are plenty of place's to choose to get married in Gib look up the web site easy to find just google "getting married in Gibraltar". Good luck.

We had a great day costing us no more than 600 euros in all for everything only four people though and that was including the petrol money to get there as well:lol::lol:

Rosemary Apr 28th 2008 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by cmorgy (Post 6277018)

Whatever you decide make sure that you enjoy the day and mark it in some way that you will always remember.

Rosemary

El Capitan Apr 30th 2008 10:45 am

Indeed it is worth making your special day as special as you want it to be for you. We chose the botanic gardens in Gib (at 50 quid rental) for an outside ceremony then we privately chartered the original dolphin safari boat for a couple of hours watching dolphins in the bay whilst sipping cava and munching sandwiches. Great day had by small party of 8.

bokeh Apr 30th 2008 11:48 am

The Waterfront restaurant is excellent. 30 pounds per head plus wine and better than most Spanish wedding dinners that I've been to.