British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Gestor: What range of sevices do they cover? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/gestor-what-range-sevices-do-they-cover-430045/)

chrisw Feb 24th 2007 1:52 am

Gestor: What range of sevices do they cover?

Hi all,
I keep seeing references to a "Gestor", but can't figure out the extent of the services they offer.
I have seen them crop up in dealing with : car registration, property purchase and taxes.
Are they sort of the equivelant to a legal clerk?
Can anyone enlighten me as to how wide their sevices range, and what sort of charges they make?

I eagerly await enlightenment!:confused: :thumbup:

jdr Feb 24th 2007 6:19 am

Re: Gestor: What range of sevices do they cover?

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 4448777)
Hi all,
I keep seeing references to a "Gestor", but can't figure out the extent of the services they offer.
I have seen them crop up in dealing with : car registration, property purchase and taxes.
Are they sort of the equivelant to a legal clerk?
Can anyone enlighten me as to how wide their sevices range, and what sort of charges they make?

I eagerly await enlightenment!:confused: :thumbup:

Most sorts of paperwork, they know all the ins and outs and can save you a lot of hassle HERE

Solarwhizz Feb 24th 2007 6:49 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4449200)
Most sorts of paperwork, they know all the ins and outs and can save you a lot of hassle HERE

Over two years, when I first arrived here, I was advised to use a Gestor,
He sorted out my connection to Electric, got me a Trac's phone from telefonica, arranged my paperwork for all kinds of bills, sorted out my bank direct debits, registered my E106, changed over the registration on both imported cars,(saved me about 900€, by informing me of the Declaraccion de bajo). Sorted out my postal address(which nobody seemed to know), Padron and payment of my annual wealth tax. And two applications for menos Obras on my house.After two years I discussed his charges as I hadnt seen any by then and my bill was 92€ !. I think they offer a great service at a good cost, and takes away all the hassle of working the system in spain

chrisw Feb 24th 2007 10:26 am

WOW! Thanks Solarwhizz! What is Padron, and menos Obras?
What a bargain. Has anyone else used their services? Did you pay about the same? and where would you find one when required?

Watching this space!!!:thumbup: :) :)

chrisw Mar 2nd 2007 12:33 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4449200)

:thumbup: Thanks jdr, very helpfull! :) :thumbup:

Sue-Tom Mar 2nd 2007 7:20 pm

re gestors

Anyone know of an english speaking gestor near Ayamonte please ?
We are moving over in two weeks and would like to locate gestor for completing tax forms etc.

Tom

Solarwhizz Mar 2nd 2007 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 4449680)
WOW! Thanks Solarwhizz! What is Padron, and menos Obras?
What a bargain. Has anyone else used their services? Did you pay about the same? and where would you find one when required?

Watching this space!!!:thumbup: :) :)

A Padron, Is the basically registering on the Electoral roll for your district, it doesnt seem to have much importance until you come to do all sorts of other paper nonsense, like buying a car, or registering for residencia, and then you cant do nowt without it. ( interestingley they also only seem to be valid for about three months), You go to the Ayuntamiento for your area, take your escritura with you, plus your NIE, your passporte, and everybit of paper you have ever been given in Spain, by anybody. And they will take a load of info off you and send the local policeman, around to chat to your neighb ours and vouch that you live in the house etc, and then about two weeks later you go back and get it.
Menos Obras, is basically a building permit for small works around your house, if you do work without one, even just painting the outside, should you be denounced by someone, the guardia will turn up and stop the work, you could be liable for a fine and the work cant re-commence until you get the permits. Always worth having a word with the Alcalde who will generally smooth things over for you

For general info there is a description of Gestor's here

http://www.andalucia.com/finance/gestor.htm

chrisw Mar 2nd 2007 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz (Post 4475555)
A Padron, Is the basically registering on the Electoral roll for your district, it doesnt seem to have much importance until you come to do all sorts of other paper nonsense, like buying a car, or registering for residencia, and then you cant do nowt without it. ( interestingley they also only seem to be valid for about three months), You go to the Ayuntamiento for your area, take your escritura with you, plus your NIE, your passporte, and everybit of paper you have ever been given in Spain, by anybody. And they will take a load of info off you and send the local policeman, around to chat to your neighb ours and vouch that you live in the house etc, and then about two weeks later you go back and get it.
Menos Obras, is basically a building permit for small works around your house, if you do work without one, even just painting the outside, should you be denounced by someone, the guardia will turn up and stop the work, you could be liable for a fine and the work cant re-commence until you get the permits. Always worth having a word with the Alcalde who will generally smooth things over for you

For general info there is a description of Gestor's here

http://www.andalucia.com/finance/gestor.htm

:) Thanks solarwhizz, I was sort of getting the idea that if you do, buy, sell, apply for, anything, that you should keep all the paperwork or it could cause a problem. :ohmy:
Now I know why garages are SOOO huge in Spain! Not for the car at all, it's for all the documents and recepts!! :rofl: :rofl:

chrisw Mar 2nd 2007 9:59 pm

:blink: Sorry solarwhizz, but your last response (which was very helpful), has just created another question to ask you.
Who or what is an Alcalde? :confused: Sorry to be a pain!:)

Mitzyboy Mar 3rd 2007 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 4475683)
:blink: Sorry solarwhizz, but your last response (which was very helpful), has just created another question to ask you.
Who or what is an Alcalde? :confused: Sorry to be a pain!:)

The administrator at the town hall

chrisw Mar 3rd 2007 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4477793)

Muchas gracias mitzyboy! :thumbup:

weemac Mar 3rd 2007 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by chrisw (Post 4478279)
Muchas gracias mitzyboy! :thumbup:

Hey, if anyone can tell me where I can find a Gestor in Chiclana area it would be much appreciated. We have bundles that we need to do and have to keep jumping over (such a shame!) to try and sort things out. We have been left cold by our lawyer and selling agent so this would be a great help.

At least we could then enjoy the time we are there rqther than standing in council offices etc

Look forward to hearing

Solarwhizz Mar 4th 2007 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4477793)

Mitzyboy, is right in that he is an administrator at the town hall, but he is a little more than that, he is effectively the Mayor, as his responsibilities and authority can be far ranging, He will get involved in just about everything, from sorting out the local elections, to sidestepping the planning permissions to having the road tarmac'ed, I must say the guy we got is everywhere and in the last two years has fought lobby'ed. and arranged, Tarmacing of the lanes for the whole area, Potable water connections to all houses within 75mtr of the main road thru the village, negotiated a cooperative reduction in Electrical costs with the local supplier, and fixed street lights on everyhouse within the village!!. He knocked on the door about a week a go, with the papers for us to sign to vote in the next elections, For the couple over the other side of the Valley he sorted out the problems when they were denounced for building without permissions, by effectively telling the Guardia that it was his valley and he gives out the permissions. And this week he is sorting out the stray dog problems. ( on the other side of the coin though, he has effectively purchased all the land within one area and surprise surprise it has just been declared Urbano, house for every 500mtrs squared, HMMMMMM!!:eek:

Good description of it here
http://www.bartleby.com/65/al/alcalde.html

jdr Mar 4th 2007 11:38 am

He could be joining the others soon then ;-)

Arco-Iris Mar 4th 2007 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by weemac (Post 4478886)
Hey, if anyone can tell me where I can find a Gestor in Chiclana area it would be much appreciated. We have bundles that we need to do and have to keep jumping over (such a shame!) to try and sort things out. We have been left cold by our lawyer and selling agent so this would be a great help.

At least we could then enjoy the time we are there rqther than standing in council offices etc

Look forward to hearing

Weemac. I have pm'd you.