Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gestor in Mallorca

Gestor in Mallorca

Old Dec 9th 2019, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

wansunt is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Gestor in Mallorca

Hi, appreciate I may not really need one BUT for my own personal ease (read - I'm lazy) could you suggest someone on the ground in mallorca to assist with multiple parts of a UK relocation, a gestor or similar. Someone near Palma or Pollensa ideally. Gracias.

p.s. I did look hard for similar threads but couldn't find any.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Gestor in Mallorca

Hi, can someone help please? I was about to read a response but it got deleted. A reason was left that "Posting just to access the PM system really isn't on......" Sorry, I'm new and clearly very stupid but I don't understand. What have I done wrong and what is the PM system. Thankyou.
Old Dec 14th 2019, 6:56 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

There are many. At least one in every village. What do you need? Advice on moving here? Or do you just want the convenience of paying a gestor to "take care of it all" for you?
Old Dec 15th 2019, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, it was just "general advice". I spoke a few last week but the responses were not terribly clear - albeit my enquiries are a little bespoke. I wondered if applying for residency costs anything? then I wondered if I apply, can I cancel this easily 3,6,9 months? basically is it worth my while doing this before brexit "just in case" (because there is a 50/50 chance I may move to mallorca next year)
Old Dec 15th 2019, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wansunt
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes, it was just "general advice". I spoke a few last week but the responses were not terribly clear - albeit my enquiries are a little bespoke. I wondered if applying for residency costs anything? then I wondered if I apply, can I cancel this easily 3,6,9 months? basically is it worth my while doing this before brexit "just in case" (because there is a 50/50 chance I may move to mallorca next year)

You can't apply for residency from outside of Spain. You have to be there.
If you are a Spanish resident you can leave and go elsewhere but you have to de register.\

Anyway Brexit as is might be happening at the end of Jan but the UK will still be "in" the EU until the end of Dec 2020. We are planning our move for around July 2020 and there should be no issues .
Im assuming you have an NIE possibly also a non residence bank account. If not you will need these (although the NIE can be done at the same time as your residence)

At present you will need the following (but different offices may vary this ) although by law they should all be the same but are not.

1. Private health insurance with no copay (unless retired and S1)
2. About €8000 in savings or provable income, or self employed in spain. These have to be motorised to prove they are legal.
3. Once in spain you will need an address so you can get on the Padron (council list) however this is a catch 22 situation. You have to get a temporary patron certificate to take to the office for your residency and then you go back after to show them you are now resident.

Thats the basic stuff and I have a solicitor who dealt with the property purchase who will assist in our residence applications for about €180 each.

All of this can be done on your own but
Old Dec 16th 2019, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Thank you very helpful. Yes, I've got an NIE. I tend to stay with friends when I'm in Mallorca. Will I need my own place (rent or own) for residency?? as opposed to using my friends address?

My thoughts were "pop over" in January and get residency whilst its still "easier" (i.e. post brexit)

I'll not be working in Spain so will need private health insurance - any guidance on who gives good deals would again be very helpful.