British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Gester (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/gester-942437/)

Derickoo Jan 20th 2022 9:20 am

Gester

Will be moving over to Alicante in February early. Have two miniature Jack Russell's elderly. Will come over for 3 weeks to sort out rental rent AirBnb, then move over.with dog's..
I'm retired.need a place to rent will be buying but need to acquaint myself with area.
Query is looking for a good "gester is that right way to spell GESTER" to help get NIE DOCTOR, BANK SORTED. Also need to rend any good rental auctioneers not idealista
Buy used car any good dealers.Get electric sorted.
Thanks

snikpoh Jan 20th 2022 10:37 am

Re: Gester

Originally Posted by Derickoo (Post 13089134)
Will be moving over to Alicante in February early. Have two miniature Jack Russell's elderly. Will come over for 3 weeks to sort out rental rent AirBnb, then move over.with dog's..
I'm retired.need a place to rent will be buying but need to acquaint myself with area.
Query is looking for a good "gester is that right way to spell GESTER" to help get NIE DOCTOR, BANK SORTED. Also need to rend any good rental auctioneers not idealista
Buy used car any good dealers.Get electric sorted.
Thanks

The person is a Gestor - they work in a Gestoria :-)

You will also need to get TIE

Idealista is the main portal for properties - they don't actually sell properties themselves

Moses2013 Jan 20th 2022 11:13 am

snikpoh is right and idealista is what you would know in Ireland as daft.ie. Various agents use the platform to advertise and fotocasa is another platform just like myhome.ie
Since you are renting first it won't makes sense but a lot of Irish residents use https://www.blascosolicitors.ie/ when they purchase property in Spain and they would help you get everything beforehand.

Derickoo Jan 20th 2022 3:37 pm

Anyone got the name of a good gester i can contact.

Notdunroamin Jan 20th 2022 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Moses2013 (Post 13089164)
snikpoh is right and idealista is what you would know in Ireland as daft.ie

I see nowhere where the OP has said anything about Ireland so where have you divined that from?

Rosemary Jan 20th 2022 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 13089237)
I see nowhere where the OP has said anything about Ireland so where have you divined that from?

In his first post in the Spain forum. See below.

Originally Posted by Derickoo (Post 12335612)
I'm Derick from S, IRELAND hoping soon to move to El Campello or Tossa De Mar. Was hoping to rent for one year and then purchase when I am happy and content with my surroundings.

Been browsing real-estate sites for the past month have figured out some of the basics, Add 12-15 percent on to the price of purchase. But that's a year or so down the road.

Health issues so am concerned about health insurance but will discuss all in future threads. Early 60s

Posted this in the main forum which covers the world but Spain is my choice.
So iv reposted here to let people know who I am if I reply to threads.: amen:

Rosemary
​​​​​​​

Derickoo Jan 25th 2022 10:28 am

Will a debit card do to rent a car or do i need a credit card.

Joppa Jan 25th 2022 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Derickoo (Post 13090172)
Will a debit card do to rent a car or do i need a credit card.

Normally credit card is required, though some operators accept debit card if you take their full insurance. The reason for this is if you don't take full cover, the amount of excess, often 1000 euro or more, has to be reserved on credit card (i.e. taken from your credit limit so cannot be used for other purposes), which they cannot do that with debit card. Also credit card is an evidence of your creditworthiness. Read their T&C, or speak to them direct and ask.

Derickoo Jan 30th 2022 12:13 am

Is there any organization that helps expats fill in forms, I have no problem paying for this help.
Thanking you.

Joppa Jan 30th 2022 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Derickoo (Post 13091351)
Is there any organization that helps expats fill in forms, I have no problem paying for this help.
Thanking you.

Reputable gestor will do that. Ask locally among expats. There are organisation paid by UK to help more vulnerable people, such as the elderly, disabled etc, but if you can afford to pay, going to a gestor will you get all administrative procedures done.