Gestagua

Old Apr 8th 2022, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gestagua

Hi,
Gestagua in Fuengirola, My question is, as seemingly my water account was never transferred into my name 17 years ago, we have to jump through several hoops to get the account into my name including paying a security deposit.

they are asking for a statement of use, which from experience is stating how many toilets, sinks etc you have the age of your meter etc/,

my question is does anyone have a definitive list of the contents of the statement? i am loathe to pay someone a fortune to do what is an easy job, i know i will need a modern meter. and i know where to buy one and how to fit it.

regards
al
Old Dec 21st 2023, 11:26 am
Just Joined

AnnBannan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gestagua

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi,
Gestagua in Fuengirola, My question is, as seemingly my water account was never transferred into my name 17 years ago, we have to jump through several hoops to get the account into my name including paying a security deposit.

they are asking for a statement of use, which from experience is stating how many toilets, sinks etc you have the age of your meter etc/,

my question is does anyone have a definitive list of the contents of the statement? i am loathe to pay someone a fortune to do what is an easy job, i know i will need a modern meter. and i know where to buy one and how to fit it.

regards
al
Did you manage to get it sorted ? My sister has purchased in Spain and when she was asking her lawyer to change the name for the water bill, the company are asking for €900 for apparently for technical works. Has anyone else come across this, or is something that you have been approached with ?
Old Dec 21st 2023, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Yes I got it sorted, it felt like a faff at the time, and it ended well, but in Spain don’t think you can do anything without the odd vulture circling to relieve you of your hard earned.

if your sis either downloads from the Gestagua website “what you need to change ownership of a supply”, it is on there, but you can go into the offices in Los Boliches and they have a printed paper the same as the download (it’s obviously easier by download). This lists the paperwork you need, and there is a picture of the meter requirements including the meter box and door (in the case of a villa) if you need one.

we needed our escritura, nie,copy of passports , account you are paying from, your last ibi bill, and a certification of compression (or something like that) which our “vulture” kindly provided for us at a cost of E80, this is basically a list of how many taps toilets, showers etc and certification there are no leaks (which of course he took our word for, he wouldn’t want get his hands dirty for 80 euros would he) this can only be done by a plumber, and a recognised gestagua plumber.

The next bit depends on how old your meter is, there is a drive to upgrade all meters.

After that our “vulture” said you will need a new meter, He charged us 230:euros to change the meter. You can buy the gestagua approved meter from several plumbers merchants in the area at a cost of around 30 euros…..(so my vulture charged me 200 euros for about 20 minutes work that is frankly an easy job if you are handy.

to be honest I am sick of having to get my tools out so I paid up to enjoy my hols.

i have his number if you want it, he is a pleasant vulture and speaks English.

i can find the number of the plumbers merchants too if you just want the meter.

900 euros seem exorbitant for a job that is relatively easy to do, and a gestor could do it for less, but you don’t need one really, and if you are in the western costa del sol (I’m in funny gorilla) my plumber can advise and sort it out for a rip off cost but not a super rip off you are being offered.

if they have bought a villa, particularly an older villa then it’s a different ball game of which I can enlighten you if needed, but it is the responsibility of the seller to ensure the sewers and meter are correct at time of sale. I sold my villa a few years ago and the water issue came up, and that was after the buyers paid me the. 20% deposit, the water/sewers became an issue and that’s probably the closest I have been to either a heart attack or committing gestaguacide .

regards
Al
Old Mar 7th 2024, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Tradedublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Thanks for the very helpful information about Gestagua Fuengirola. I have to do a name change on my bill and I am not looking forward to the Spanish bureaucracy ! I have not got a bill off them since December 23 so I want to get it sorted. Please can you send me the number of the " official gestagua vulture plumber " so I can see about getting a compression certificate down in losboliches. My meter looks fairly new so hopefully all ok on that front.

Thanks
Ste
Old Mar 7th 2024, 11:28 am
Just Joined

The amount of paperwork Gestagua want.......unbelievable...... did you have to give them the whole Escritura ?

Thanks,

Ste.

we needed our escritura, nie,copy of passports , account you are paying from, your last ibi bill, and a certification of compression (or something like that) which our “vulture” kindly provided for us at a cost of E80, this is basically a list of how many taps toilets, showers etc and certification there are no leaks (which of course he took our word for, he wouldn’t want get his hands dirty for 80 euros would he) this can only be done by a plumber, and a recognised gestagua plumber.
Old Mar 7th 2024, 1:08 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tradedublin
Hi, Thanks for the very helpful information about Gestagua Fuengirola. I have to do a name change on my bill and I am not looking forward to the Spanish bureaucracy ! I have not got a bill off them since December 23 so I want to get it sorted. Please can you send me the number of the " official gestagua vulture plumber " so I can see about getting a compression certificate down in losboliches. My meter looks fairly new so hopefully all ok on that front.

Thanks
Ste
I don't know about your water company but many only bill quarterly. So, if the last one was in December, then the next is about now or maybe April
Old Mar 7th 2024, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Hiya, Good thinking.... I'm with Gestagua in Fuengirola and they fire out the D.D bills every month, so I sure something is up........
Old Mar 7th 2024, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
if you go to gestagua offices, they will give you a list of their requirements. Most is paperwork related, ibi receipt, nie, passport copy, copy of escritura.

the only bit you need is the plumbers certificate… I used Frank 617 406 251.

he is helpful and speaks English.

gestagua kept us informed via email and I am sure they will let you know if a new meter is required

regards
Al
Old Mar 7th 2024, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for that, I will give him a ring. I take it I just tell my him name and address and what I have water wise and he will do me up a letter of compression for the princely sum of 80 euro delivered ?

Regards,

Ste.
Old Mar 7th 2024, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Now to track down the original ibi receipts from the ayuntamiento, I imagine they wot take a bank receipt as proof ! !
Old Mar 7th 2024, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
First of all go on the Guestagua website and I’m sure all the info is there on what documents you need

You also need to inform Guestagua of your intention to change ownership of the supply.

Then put together the documents and they give you an email address and a case number to se d all the info to.

Francisco needs to visit your property to assess your usage (toilet/shower numbers)

I used my last ibi receipt as listed on my bank statement. (Ibi has to be updated)

Regards
Al

Old Mar 8th 2024, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Here is franks website/company etc
Old Mar 9th 2024, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Al, that is extremely helpful, I nearly have all the paperwork sorted out. I want to have all my ducks in a row before I head down there.
Thanks again,

Ste.