Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gesa-Endesa Ibiza prices?

Gesa-Endesa Ibiza prices?

Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

dooper will become famous soon enough
Default Gesa-Endesa Ibiza prices?

Hi,,can anyone quote the Gesa electricity prices in Ibiza per Kw/h and is there a standing charge? Thanks
Old Dec 20th 2012, 9:17 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gesa-Endesa Ibiza prices?

Originally Posted by dooper
Hi,,can anyone quote the Gesa electricity prices in Ibiza per Kw/h and is there a standing charge? Thanks
Here in Mallorca, it depends on your contract. But we pay about 21c per kilowatt for peak rates (from 12:00 to midnight) about 12c per kilowatt on off-peak (midnight to 12:00) on a 5Kw contract, plus 10c per day for "rental" of the ICP which I own outright and is now useless due to the new digital meter which acts as an ICP. Standing charge is about €25 per month. Be sure to get an on/off peak contract, run your major appliances (dishwasher, wash machine, etc) on the off-peak, and things get a lot cheaper.

If you have more than 10Kw, the charges are excessive, and their "estimado" charges will bankrupt you (usually 3x-10x your actual consumption). Cancel your direct debit immediately following getting your contract in your name, and pay each factura manually only after you verify it reasonably matches your consumption. If you have a LaCaixa account, you can pay it online after you verify the factura. Otherwise they take it from your account, and it's very difficult to get it back.

Also, don't ask Endesa about or believe anything they tell you. They will tell you anything to get you to sign as expensive a contract as possible. Ask (pay) a local electrician not affiliated with Endesa to tell you what you need.

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 20th 2012 at 9:28 am.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

dooper will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Gesa-Endesa Ibiza prices?

I just checked my UK electric contract which is around 13 c per kw/h 24/7 with no standing charge. I was just seeking to compare prices with a relative who lives in Ibiza..thanks