Reload this Page >

Germans living near Turis

Germans living near Turis

Old Mar 7th 2016, 4:22 am
Mark2465

mark2465 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Germans living near Turis

Hi

My wife and I have just bought a small house outside Turis. My wife will be there more than me.

Does anyone know if there is many Germans living in the area please

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2016, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germans living near Turis

I have no idea but Germans are decent people

You can't stay mad at them, live and let live.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dondurma
I have no idea but Germans are decent people

You can't stay mad at them, live and let live.
LOL I think you've misread the OP's, I'm pretty sure either he or his wife must be German.

I'm really curious as to why you thought he had some sort of hangup with Germans?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:24 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I too wondered about the motivation, but I thought I'd let it play out and become clearer before commenting...
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:38 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

When I read the post I made the assumption that the lady is German and as she would be spending a great deal of time on her own that her husband was looking for people for her to be able to spend time with.

Rosemary
Old Mar 7th 2016, 9:40 am
Mark2465

Ha, I do find that amusing and yes my wife is German and I dare not stay mad at her for too long, she might hurt me ������

Last edited by mark2465; Mar 7th 2016 at 9:42 am.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:09 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark2465
Hi

My wife and I have just bought a small house outside Turis. My wife will be there more than me.

Does anyone know if there is many Germans living in the area please

Thanks
Nah, they're as rare as hens teeth.

I've been around the area well over ten years and offhand I can't recall any at all.
Nearest I've come across is a local Spanish taxi driver who speaks good German.

Not to worry, the natives are all very friendly.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Dondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond reputeDondurma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
LOL I think you've misread the OP's, I'm pretty sure either he or his wife must be German.

I'm really curious as to why you thought he had some sort of hangup with Germans?

'Twas a joke. I was pretty certain it was a German person seeking kinfolk
I am Irish and often enjoy the hang-ups some English of a certain age have with German people.

One of my fav Simpsons quotes- " Getmans, you just can't stay mad at them!"

Just a bit of levity folks
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:32 am
Mark2465

Dondurma, I like your sense of humour. I showed it to my wife and she said that she will keep an eye out for you.

To be honest I tell her she was a war trophy. I am an ex squaddie and they told me I could bring something back when I was in Germany. To be honest it would have been cheaper to bring a piece of the wall back
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Love it Mark!!!!

With your permission I wanna use that line!!!!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2016, 10:58 am
Mark2465

Crack on mate
Old Mar 8th 2016, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh

Just "don't tell them your name Pike!"
Old Mar 8th 2016, 11:59 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Go to travel sites like tripadvisor. On the British site, it's not at all uncommon for people to ask if its very "German" in one place or another. And not because that's what they're seeking.

We live in Mallorca, where there's a very large German resident population, and frankly, I can't even begin to fathom what the aversion is. We seem to get along with the Germans better than the handful of British residents.

But in their defence, having been abroad for so long, I suppose we may not be quite "British" enough to suit most Brits... We're more like all the rest of those "foreigners" I reckon. Even speak other languages, which is in itself kind of suspect...
Old Mar 8th 2016, 12:03 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Go to travel sites like tripadvisor. On the British site, it's not at all uncommon for people to ask if its very "German" in one place or another. And not because that's what they're seeking.

We live in Mallorca, where there's a very large German resident population, and frankly, I can't even begin to fathom what the aversion is. We seem to get along with the Germans better than the handful of British residents.

But in their defence, having been abroad for so long, I suppose we may not be quite "British" enough to suit most Brits... We're more like all the rest of those "foreigners" I reckon. Even speak other languages, which is in itself kind of suspect...

In this part of Spain nobody cares anyway, least of all the Spanish.
Old Mar 8th 2016, 12:06 pm
Mark2465

Guys, I am sure that some gave misunderstood my intention. I have been married to my wife who is German for thirty years, my kids hold dual passports.

My intention was not to avoid Germans but to see if there were any living in the area that we maybe could contact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.