British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Generators in Chiclana (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/generators-chiclana-432170/)

weemac Mar 4th 2007 4:02 pm

Generators in Chiclana

Can you help?

Need advise on where to go to buy decent silent running deisel generator around 6KW output in the Chiclana area. Even better where we can buy this, some batteries and an inverter. I am sure you realise why!!

Any ideas?

Any assistance would be appreciated

Big Pete Mar 4th 2007 4:22 pm

Re: Generators in Chiclana

Originally Posted by weemac (Post 4480927)
Can you help?

Need advise on where to go to buy decent silent running deisel generator around 6KW output in the Chiclana area. Even better where we can buy this, some batteries and an inverter. I am sure you realise why!!

Any ideas?

Any assistance would be appreciated

i dont understand ..why u need one ??

Is there a problem with supplies in Spain ? is it likely that i could be halfway through watching the classic " Trout Fishing from your armchair " and the power goes off ?..

weemac Mar 4th 2007 4:41 pm

Not had power sincle last June. June the 20th at 12.05pm to be exact.

Have been trying unsuccessfully to get it re installed since then.

:eek:

weemac Mar 4th 2007 4:43 pm

Your line could be cut just as the end is nigh and you are about to see the trout landed!!

Big Pete Mar 4th 2007 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by weemac (Post 4481039)
Not had power sincle last June. June the 20th at 12.05pm to be exact.

Have been trying unsuccessfully to get it re installed since then.

:eek:

wow bad news yep.. i assume you live out in the sticks then ?

This wouldnt happen in built up areas i hope ? anybody tell me do i need to add a Generator to my new villa requirements ?

weemac Mar 4th 2007 4:54 pm

Very long story you need to go back and stroll through the links and you will find that there are quite a lot of expats in the Cadiz area without electricity as they have bought legally property that is deemed by the local council to be illegal

Some 15000 people allledgedly live illegally and some 3000 + without electricity.

Be aware!

Big Pete Mar 4th 2007 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by weemac (Post 4481074)
Very long story you need to go back and stroll through the links and you will find that there are quite a lot of expats in the Cadiz area without electricity as they have bought legally property that is deemed by the local council to be illegal

Some 15000 people allledgedly live illegally and some 3000 + without electricity.

Be aware!

i see its all due to that fair enough ...thanks for letting me know ..

poollounger Mar 4th 2007 6:56 pm

BigPete and Weemac it isn't just illegal properties that have no electricity.. many legal properties have problems too.. Have a search on electricity Chiclana threads. The problem is that builders are building without upgrading the transformers, then being refused meters as the transformer in that area is overloaded. Hence no supply. Have a look at previous threads.

Big Pete Mar 4th 2007 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger (Post 4481427)
BigPete and Weemac it isn't just illegal properties that have no electricity.. many legal properties have problems too.. Have a search on electricity Chiclana threads. The problem is that builders are building without upgrading the transformers, then being refused meters as the transformer in that area is overloaded. Hence no supply. Have a look at previous threads.

i see ,i will do that thanks,

Solarwhizz Mar 4th 2007 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Big Pete (Post 4481446)
i see ,i will do that thanks,

www.energiass.com are carrying out a series of installations for residents in the Chiclana area, following the recent spate of problems,

Ring Scot Walker on 0034 964 157 293, he is up to speed on what is required and supplying Generator and Battery solutions with Solar panels if required.

weemac Mar 4th 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks Solarwhizz we have already been in touch and have quotes for the "big fix" if required, we intend to wait until May time as we have been advised by our builder and the local community comittee that our lines/transformer should be upgraded so that we can get connected, I am still however looking for a deisel geni in the meantime as the petrol one we have is really noisy!

Thanks poolounger, I have been following the threads for some time hoping that I would read some good news from the Pago Mellillia area. Nothing so foar though.

Thanks for your words of advice.

weemac Mar 4th 2007 8:36 pm

Still looking for a diesel geni tho, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

Dxf Mar 4th 2007 9:03 pm

Hi
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but "Diario de Cadiz" carried a story on Saturday of a property in Pago melilla having a destruction order and the builder being jailed (6 months I think I remember).
Dave

weemac Mar 4th 2007 9:57 pm

Not ours, or our street, I would have heard by now.

Thanks for the notice though I will try and see if I can backtrack in the newspaper.

Are you sure it isn't the other way around. I did read that some people have taken the ayuntamiento to court for not making their houses legal and the judges have gone against the ayuntamiento stating that the PGOU (town plan) is illegal?

Douglas jack Mar 5th 2007 9:18 am

Originally Posted by weemac (Post 4482206)
Not ours, or our street, I would have heard by now.

Thanks for the notice though I will try and see if I can backtrack in the newspaper.

Are you sure it isn't the other way around. I did read that some people have taken the ayuntamiento to court for not making their houses legal and the judges have gone against the ayuntamiento stating that the PGOU (town plan) is illegal?

There is a thread on my cadiz biz,about the supply of generators in the Chicalna area,but dont think the generator will be silent.