Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Generalitat de Valencia Online Registration

Generalitat de Valencia Online Registration

Old Jan 10th 2015, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Generalitat de Valencia Online Registration

Has anybody registered to pay IBI etc online?I'll be away from home for several months and would rather not come home to find a bill and non payment fine for some new tax that they may invent.Even though they have had my bank details for over 15 years
Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Generalitat de Valencia Online Registration

Ah, but is there any money in the account?

Rosemary
Old Jan 11th 2015, 8:06 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
Has anybody registered to pay IBI etc online?I'll be away from home for several months and would rather not come home to find a bill and non payment fine for some new tax that they may invent.Even though they have had my bank details for over 15 years
Why not simply set up a direct debit? We asked the town hall to debit our account and that's what now happens - no need to register anywhere.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

CapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud ofCapnBilly has much to be proud of

If you have a digital ID you can access and pay your bills with no problem. If you don't have one there are one off codes you can use from your bill. There's lots of information on the Suma website.

If you don't have a digital ID you can get one from the Suma. It will need renewing every 3 years. Details are available here, but essentially you just go in with your ID. One point to be aware of is that if you have bills in seperate names then your partner may need one as well. For example my wife cannot access our IBI records with her digital ID even though its registered in joint names.

Last edited by CapnBilly; Jan 11th 2015 at 8:33 am.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

davidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this pointdavidinspain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Why not simply set up a direct debit? We asked the town hall to debit our account and that's what now happens - no need to register anywhere.
I have had DD's for years,but that won't cover the new recycling tax that is in force in Gandia and may or may not be introduced in Bocairente sometime this year.They will send the first bill in paper form,and as I won't be there to make the first payment over the counter,then the late charges will start.Hence why I'd prefer an online account.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Ah, but is there any money in the account?

Rosemary
In the mists of time.....yes Now my bricks and mortar pension has turned into a millstone
Old Jan 11th 2015, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CapnBilly
If you have a digital ID you can access and pay your bills with no problem. If you don't have one there are one off codes you can use from your bill. There's lots of information on the Suma website.

If you don't have a digital ID you can get one from the Suma. It will need renewing every 3 years. Details are available here, but essentially you just go in with your ID. One point to be aware of is that if you have bills in seperate names then your partner may need one as well. For example my wife cannot access our IBI records with her digital ID even though its registered in joint names.
Too far North for Suma sadly.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 11:35 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapnBilly

SUMA don't cover this area so that won't work.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 11:36 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by Daveinspain
I have had DD's for years,but that won't cover the new recycling tax that is in force in Gandia and may or may not be introduced in Bocairente sometime this year.They will send the first bill in paper form,and as I won't be there to make the first payment over the counter,then the late charges will start.Hence why I'd prefer an online account.
Have you heard anything about this tax being introduced elsewhere? I certainly haven't heard if Ontinyent are going to start collecting it.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 11:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

This tax was introduced in my town several years ago. People were sent a letter with instructions to collect the paperwork from the post office. We had to queue for ages to collect it, had to sign for it and then take it to our banks, real pain because the post office is only open for 75 minutes a day so I think that it took me three visits to gain the paperwork.

Rosemary
Old Jan 11th 2015, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Have you heard anything about this tax being introduced elsewhere? I certainly haven't heard if Ontinyent are going to start collecting it.
They don't seem to know themselves,I went into the Gandia office who rang Xativa,after first having no idea they called back to say they think this year,I called Bocairente ajuntament who said maybe.I imagine if Bocairente do Ontinyente will soon follow.It might be worthwhile checking,they might have started charging,but you didn't get a letter posted.Only in Valencia!