Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

GB pound weakening

GB pound weakening

Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Re: GB pound weakening

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dont understand what you are talking about.
I see what I see, Rose tinted glasses I am not wearing and never have.
You obviously shop in different circles to me Bigglesworth & Econ!

Back on subject, I'm seeing rates of 1.14 - 1.16
Sorry Mitzyboy, down to 1.12 in Rugby on Saturday

It is said Euope as a whole is going to have to cut interest rates and the £ will then improve. Hope it happens before I come over to Spainin mid January!
Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justlookin
Sorry Mitzyboy, down to 1.12 in Rugby on Saturday

It is said Euope as a whole is going to have to cut interest rates and the £ will then improve. Hope it happens before I come over to Spainin mid January!
ECB President Trichet has hinted on BBC interview that there will not be a further rate cut in January as previous cuts are still to take effect.This is typical ECB speak. They drop hints so market gets the gist and is not surprised come rate decision time.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
ECB President Trichet has hinted on BBC interview that there will not be a further rate cut in January as previous cuts are still to take effect.This is typical ECB speak. They drop hints so market gets the gist and is not surprised come rate decision time.
Interview on here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7772766.stm
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:15 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Breaking news 10 Dec 2008

It now seems that the pound has hit a all time low against the Euro...time for the UK to join us in Euroland maybe?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breaking news 10 Dec 2008

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
It now seems that the pound has hit a all time low against the Euro...time for the UK to join us in Euroland maybe?
I take it you mean untill tomorrows next all time low!!!!!!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

oliklom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been wanting to cry for days now as our livelihood depends on it, but each time I think I'm better of saving my tears for the next day...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:11 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...oes-mount.html
Old Dec 10th 2008, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

oliklom is an unknown quantity at this point

And what will it be after Xmas when all the money is spent up!
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Quick poll:

Who believes that the exchange rate will be 1 GBP : 1 Euro or less within the next 3 months?

I'll keep tally.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 1:05 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-year-low.html

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5321228.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-since-80.html

A look at todays papers..........11th December 08.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Dec 11th 2008 at 1:07 am.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Ever get that sinking feeling, I think I,ve been rescued by the Titanic captained by Gordo!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

costaman16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a thought for you, if you are earning in Spain or getting investments in Euros is now not a good time to convert your Euros back into Pounds and wait for the exchange rate to go back to 1.29 with luck and then convert it back again. Especially if there are no transfer fees involved which a few of the banks are promoting
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Yes, exactly, but you need to anticipate the trough. I was all set to change a fairly large amount of euros into sterling on Friday but I had a problem accessing my bank account online and couldn't do it. I'm glad because the pound has since dropped another four céntimos and is currently standing at just over €1,12 to £1.

Soume tourist rates are already at parity!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by costaman16
Here is a thought for you, if you are earning in Spain or getting investments in Euros is now not a good time to convert your Euros back into Pounds and wait for the exchange rate to go back to 1.29 with luck and then convert it back again. Especially if there are no transfer fees involved which a few of the banks are promoting
How long to you think you would have to wait for that to happen?

My guess is that you will never see as much as that for your GBP again. Remember, since the introduction of the euro all those years ago, the pound has been on a fairly continuous downwards slide with no significant peaks to mention whatsoever. Thus far it has been a one-way street.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

costaman16 is an unknown quantity at this point

It went up a few weeks ago back to around 1.27 before falling back again to 1.18 and now lower. If our politicians get it right and keep their mouths shut at the same time it could happen again. Here is hoping

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.