Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gas to Electric water heater/boiler ?

Gas to Electric water heater/boiler ?

Old Apr 4th 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future
Default Gas to Electric water heater/boiler ?

Hi All, had our place on CE now for just over 8 years, and currently have the original gas fired water heater/boiler in the small lobby off of the kitchen. Generally it has worked pretty well, and continues to do so.
I've been thinking for a while about having this changed out for the electric immersion type unit - thus enabling me to cut out any gas charges, and have seen a few comments on here about a unit available in Leroy's, and also a Bosch unit mentioned - I would be very interested to hear your thoughts/comments/recommendations (or not)/ type etc, on changing out my existing gas unit for an electric unit, and would primarily like to hear about costs etc for a full supply & fit service, and if you have any names of individuals/companies who would be able to do this.
Appreciate you get what you pay for, and am not really into doing this for a "cheapo" unit, but if I do it I would be looking to install something decent. We're not out in CE all year round, but probably visit for around 5-6 weeks a year across 4-5 visits, and when we are out, it's generally just the 2 of us, but for perhaps 1 week a year we may have a couple of guests. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 9:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas to Electric water heater/boiler ?

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
Hi All, had our place on CE now for just over 8 years, and currently have the original gas fired water heater/boiler in the small lobby off of the kitchen. Generally it has worked pretty well, and continues to do so.
I've been thinking for a while about having this changed out for the electric immersion type unit - thus enabling me to cut out any gas charges, and have seen a few comments on here about a unit available in Leroy's, and also a Bosch unit mentioned - I would be very interested to hear your thoughts/comments/recommendations (or not)/ type etc, on changing out my existing gas unit for an electric unit, and would primarily like to hear about costs etc for a full supply & fit service, and if you have any names of individuals/companies who would be able to do this.
Appreciate you get what you pay for, and am not really into doing this for a "cheapo" unit, but if I do it I would be looking to install something decent. We're not out in CE all year round, but probably visit for around 5-6 weeks a year across 4-5 visits, and when we are out, it's generally just the 2 of us, but for perhaps 1 week a year we may have a couple of guests. Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Hi Check out post 24 and if you follow the links I think all your questions will be answered, as this has come up a few times already

http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo.../#post12181263

Good luck

Jon
Old Apr 6th 2017, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ken and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant futureKen and Tina has a brilliant future

Thanks Jon, the one thing I hadn't taken into consideration was the potential weight of 80-100 litres of water hanging of off a "flimsy" Fadesa wall ??. I would need to investigate that further.
Do you have the contact details for Francisco, and do they speak English at all ?.
Old Apr 6th 2017, 6:58 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ken and Tina
Thanks Jon, the one thing I hadn't taken into consideration was the potential weight of 80-100 litres of water hanging of off a "flimsy" Fadesa wall ??. I would need to investigate that further.
Do you have the contact details for Francisco, and do they speak English at all ?.
I'll send pm ...

Jon
Old Apr 7th 2017, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks Jon - much appreciated.
Old Apr 13th 2017, 11:21 am
BE Positive

Was at the airport this week. Decided to go to Guia to pick up eg branston/Heinz beans etc. Then check the new IKEA at the mway near the stadium.

At Leroy's I was delighted to see thermostatic bath/shower mixer taps for only 37eur!! The guy told me he hadn't had any problems with them, and even recommended I get that over more pricey models. I bought 2 - standard fitting took 5 mins each, far better control of flow and temp than the cheap Fadesa taps. At that price if it claps out after a few years, just replace

Jon