Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gas Certificate and new owner

Gas Certificate and new owner

Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:00 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gas Certificate and new owner

We had our gas appliances serviced and a new Gas Certificate issued in August 2011. They are now in date until 2016.

We are hoping to complete the sale of the house in January.

I have read elsewhere that if there is a new owner the gas checks/servicing/certificates now all have to be done again? I understand they will have to change their name on the gas contract, but surely all the tests don't need to be done again, seeing as everything is in date?

I need to let the new owners know these things so can someone advise?
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:06 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Certificate and new owner

I appear to have misinterpreted the legislation - they don't need to have a new Cert, just change the name on the contract. They will have the up-to-date Certificate.

So no bother!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Certificate and new owner

Originally Posted by scampicat
I appear to have misinterpreted the legislation - they don't need to have a new Cert, just change the name on the contract. They will have the up-to-date Certificate.

So no bother!

I guess the trouble is there are so many different stories on Gas certificates floating around ... glad you sorted it