gas bottles?

Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice
Default gas bottles?

How can I get a gas bottle for BBQs?
As I understand it, you need a contract and an appliance inspection, which seems OTT for a simple BBQ.
The local garages here (Salobrena, Motril, Almunecar) will not sell you a bottle unless you have one for exchange already...both REPSOL AND CEPSA.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gas bottles?

Originally Posted by qwertyjjj
As I understand it, you need a contract and an appliance inspection, which seems OTT for a simple BBQ.
The local garages here (Salobrena, Motril, Almunecar) will not sell you a bottle unless you have one for exchange already...both REPSOL AND CEPSA.
It's the law I'm afraid, because they are also used in houses and flats for cooking and hot water. Too many fatal accidents were caused by faulty appliances!

If you go to your nearest CEPSA or Repsol depot you should be able to get a contract and a new bottle without a problem. Then you can just change it at the garage when it runs out.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:26 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

You can buy them at local boot sales or on second hand websites such as segundamano.es

By the way, try to get Propano (propane) bottles instead of Butano (Butane). It's a bit cheaper and burns a bit more efficiently.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pocaloca
It's the law I'm afraid, because they are also used in houses and flats for cooking and hot water. Too many fatal accidents were caused by faulty appliances!

If you go to your nearest CEPSA or Repsol depot you should be able to get a contract and a new bottle without a problem. Then you can just change it at the garage when it runs out.
what do you need for the contract?

Presumably depsosit is 50euros+ whereas second hand could be picked up for cheaper/

Any flea markets in Salobrena / Motril?

Last edited by Scribble; Dec 19th 2012 at 5:05 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond reputePocaloca has a reputation beyond repute

what do you need for the contract?

Presumably depsosit is 50euros+ whereas second hand could be picked up for cheaper/
I can't remember to be quite honest, probably just an NIE or passport. The deposit wasn't anything like that much, and of course it was full of gas, which a second-hand bottle won't be!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:12 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember to be quite honest, probably just an NIE or passport. The deposit wasn't anything like that much, and of course it was full of gas, which a second-hand bottle won't be!
Deposit here is €25 (not including gas) and you're supposed to submit to a house inspection (that YOU pay for), but they rarely do it, especially for just one bottle.

We bought 10 (empty) propane bottles on Segundamano for €100.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

any ideas, where on the repsol site I can find a local depot.
They seem to have loads of forms to fill in, which just result in recommending you a gas bottle a phone number to ring to find your depot!

The man in the station said go to Motril before 11am on a weekday but no idea what he said in Spanish after that
Old Dec 19th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.repsol.com/es_es/producto.../gas-envasado/

Click on Localisador de Agencias then select your Province and Town.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

In our area of Murcia they keep the forms in the garage. Fill out the form, hand over the deposit (think it was about 27€) per bottle required. Take home bottle. No inspection or anything, this is Cepsa bottles by the way, but the local garage also sells the Repsol ones.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:52 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

here we have a man who comes round in an open backed lorry full of canisters, he identifies himself with tooting his horn all round the village, usually on a Tuesday.
Except we have a bread man who does the same thing.

I caught him elsewhere in village and he said he would be about an hour getting to my place. he fitted the pipe and connector that I had bought in Brico for €10 and pronounced the new estufa safe.

`
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

nikkko is an unknown quantity at this point

propano is the same price as butano, the difference is the propano bottles weigths 11kilos and the butano a bit more then 13 kilos, but per kilos, the price is the same - for only the bbq, wich i assume you will use it outdoors, you need no contracts/inspection etc. , just go to a ferreteria and buy a smal blue butano bottle that plumbers using, that will last you more then you need it for bbq, it is very small and you can change it (for a full one) in most all of the gas stations , specially Repsol and Cepsa
Old Dec 20th 2012, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

there are normal (big) Cepsa aluminium bottles wich weights less than propan bottles/repsol bottles, but gas inside butano always bit more then 13 kilos and propano 11 kilos - you can use eithe rof em, even they selling both types cuz in winter conditions (below 4 degrees) they reccomend propano
Old Dec 21st 2012, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikkko
propano is the same price as butano, the difference is the propano bottles weigths 11kilos and the butano a bit more then 13 kilos, but per kilos, the price is the same - for only the bbq, wich i assume you will use it outdoors, you need no contracts/inspection etc. , just go to a ferreteria and buy a smal blue butano bottle that plumbers using, that will last you more then you need it for bbq, it is very small and you can change it (for a full one) in most all of the gas stations , specially Repsol and Cepsa
already have a small camping/blue bottle (40 euro deposit!)
It cost about 15 euros for gas which is even more than the big 11/13kg bottles.
The garages will not exchange a blue bottle for an orange one...at least that's what they said.
I assume if we change it for orange, we can't take the orange bottle back to the ferreteria to get the deposit back?

Last edited by Scribble; Dec 21st 2012 at 7:03 am.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 7:25 am
Just Joined

small blue bottles are good in case you have no option to buy a big one or you just don´t use too much gas bottles and only need em once in a while, besides the small ones much smaller and easy to move for anybody, even though the price for a refill is the same as a big one and the garages won´t swap em, only if they are the same size/company (cepsa would never swap for repsol orange bottles neither)
Old Dec 21st 2012, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikkko
small blue bottles are good in case you have no option to buy a big one or you just don´t use too much gas bottles and only need em once in a while, besides the small ones much smaller and easy to move for anybody, even though the price for a refill is the same as a big one and the garages won´t swap em, only if they are the same size/company (cepsa would never swap for repsol orange bottles neither)
oh ok, I thought you said in the previous post I could swap blue for orange at the garage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.