Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gas appliance inspection

Gas appliance inspection

Old Sep 18th 2018, 10:25 am
Just Joined

pt1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gas appliance inspection

I wonder if anyone has had this inspection done recently? I received a letter from Nedgia (previously Gas Fenosa) stating that as a gas user my appliance has to be inspected every 5 years . The original gas water heater installed when we first bought from Fadesa has never been inspected but works well. I have contacted Nedgia through Gesprosur and they are supposed to contact me but so far nothing, and I willl be leaving at the end of this week.

My question is what happens if this is not carried out as it is clearly overdue - will they shut off the gas supply?

Alternatively would it be worth my switching over to an electric water heater so I can close my gas account altogether? My concern with this option is whether the poor quality of CE walls can support a 100 litre tank. Has anyone have first hand experience of having switched?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gas appliance inspection

Hi PT

I know lots of people who have switched to electrical water heaters, it's something I would recommend.

- Fenosa's customer service is shocking
- You reduce the standing charges, by not having gas.
- No inspections
- No risk of condemned regulators, such has been experienced on Lomas over the past few months (replacement 300€)

I don't know anyone who has had a boiler fall off the wall [Touches wood]

Best of luck
Paul
Old Sep 18th 2018, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Paul Have been toying with the idea of an electric water heater so this could be the prompt for it. I suppose the next question is where did you get it from and who did you get to install it. I have checked out LM website and they have a supply and installation service. Anyone used them before?

Thanks again.

Peter
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

I can strongly recommend Fransisco, he can supply and fit water heaters. I got him to remove the existing gas heater and fit a horizontal electric heater which gives me much mor space underneath. He speaks english 0034 6
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Luz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the roughLuz liver is a jewel in the rough

Francisco.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

0034 651 431 818
Old Sep 18th 2018, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot I will give him a call to discuss.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:01 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pt1188
Thanks a lot I will give him a call to discuss.
A couple of months ago I got a text from him with a special offer for an electric boiler. I deleted it as he had already previously installed mine. So the deal may be valid still.

I got out of gas to save the charges. Also to have one less admin hassle... But in particular I had concerns about the legal issues and insurance issues in case of fire with uninspected boilers. I am pretty sure that most people in our block haven't up to date maintenance certificates on their gas boilers.

Francisco installed special long bolts to handle the weight of water in the boiler. With the weak walls we have they are needed!!

I would also recommend that you ask him to immediately install an overflow pipe, it will protect you if there is a pressure build up and the safety valve goes off. He had to come back to do it for me.

Good luck
Jon
Old Sep 18th 2018, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Jon, he came by this evening and we've agreed to do the job with him. I will mention the overflow pipe to him.

Thanks all for your advice, this forum is really helpful.
Old Sep 18th 2018, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

have done this my self some years back and indeed you have to 'find' the correct wall BTW i have 80 liters

before;

After;

Old Sep 20th 2018, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luz liver
Francisco.
Unfortunately, Francesco is off sick at the moment - and it's likely to be long term so he won't be fitting any boilers soon
Old Sep 20th 2018, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

He must have a twin brother then as I just had my water heater fitted today
Old Sep 21st 2018, 4:28 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

What did you do, Mike, to have him tell you that he was unavailable for a long time
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

that was quick are you able to share the pictures and size of the one he fitted for you?
Old Sep 21st 2018, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

What did you do, Mike, to have him tell you that he was unavailable for a long time
Must be different fellow. I knew Francesco did a lot of jobs for people and assumed it was the same chap. Mea culpa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.