Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Garage Altea Benidorm area

Garage Altea Benidorm area

Old May 11th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Garage Altea Benidorm area

Can anyone recommend a garage around Altea/Benidorm? I want to change the ignition coils on my Renault Modus for less than the exorbitant Renault main dealer price.

A bit of background just for interest. The car is 3 years old - 1 of the 4 coils failed a few weeks ago and was replaced under warranty (I have a 4 year warranty on the car). Even though it's widely acknowledged that the others will also fail at any time, Renault won't replace the other 3 under warranty until they actually fail . This leaves me to either drive a no longer reliable car, or cough up to replace them at my expense!

Before you ask - no I won't buy another Renault.
Old May 12th 2009, 9:30 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Garage Altea Benidorm area

Originally Posted by petew
Can anyone recommend a garage around Altea/Benidorm? I want to change the ignition coils on my Renault Modus for less than the exorbitant Renault main dealer price.

A bit of background just for interest. The car is 3 years old - 1 of the 4 coils failed a few weeks ago and was replaced under warranty (I have a 4 year warranty on the car). Even though it's widely acknowledged that the others will also fail at any time, Renault won't replace the other 3 under warranty until they actually fail . This leaves me to either drive a no longer reliable car, or cough up to replace them at my expense!

Before you ask - no I won't buy another Renault.
Bit further away than Altea but I would highly recomend BusyBees at Teulada, thats about 30 mins North from Benidorm on the N332
English run with Spanish mechanics and very professional operation.
They fixed an oil leak on my Mondeo, lent me a car for the day but it turned out that as the VIN number was wrong on the docs they had ordered the wrong part. In the end I had the loan car for 5 days and they still only charged me the 65 euros they quoted for the original repair. They advertise on local radio in the area and are on the web, search on busy bees teulada
Old May 13th 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

Theres now a "busy bees" at La Marina Finnestrat.
James or Tony on 96 5050 182 Ive never used it. I take my Renault to renault garage in center of Alfaz del Pi (near quicksave)
Old May 13th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Thanks for the replies. I have been in touch with Busy Bee garage.