Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gandia - which zones in town to avoid living in

Gandia - which zones in town to avoid living in

Old Jun 10th 2016, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Trasnadonnta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gandia - which zones in town to avoid living in

I would like to live in Gandia town. Are there any areas to avoid? Does anybody live in a piso there? If so, has it been a positive/negative experience so far in terms of community living? Any input would be really appreciated.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gandia - which zones in town to avoid living in

Originally Posted by Trasnadonnta View Post
I would like to live in Gandia town. Are there any areas to avoid? Does anybody live in a piso there? If so, has it been a positive/negative experience so far in terms of community living? Any input would be really appreciated.
I suppose it depends on what you wish to avoid, please explain a little more on that subject. I have a piso there and it has been both positive and negative on occassion.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jonboy for answering me.
I'd like to know if people living in pisos generally respect the rules of keeping the communal areas clean, if they respect each other's right to peace & quiet (no wild parties), etc.
Also, I'd like to know if there are areas to avoid in terms of drugs & bad behaviour in streets. I'm looking at Oliva & Gandia to find a piso to live in.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking at the towns or their Playas?
Old Jun 11th 2016, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

I'm looking at both towns' suburbs, not the Playas. I'm going over on Sat 18th to look at pisos under25k.

Many thanks
Old Jun 11th 2016, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at both towns' suburbs, not the Playas. I'm going over on Sat 18th to look at pisos under25k.

Many thanks

I wish you luck. If there are any flats under 25k you can be sure that they will not be in good residential areas unless they need reforming and/or have no lift. May not be a problem now but what about in 10/15 years time?
I would suspect any "cheap" flats will have problems, probably with other tenants in the block.
You should also be wary of the condition of the buildings as you do not want to get caught with your share of the costs of a major overhaul of the block or structural defect etc. Also check how much the community charges are. Probably not much on the flats you are considering but then little maintenance would have been carried out.
If you can stretch your budget there are new builds around but these start at at least 50k but they do reduce the risk of sudden charges being claimed by the management company.
As an example of community costs I have a small apartment at the beach. It is well very kept. There is no outside space and my charges just under 400 euros per year and this includes visiting security. The block also has a lift and this is probably the largest cost item in the charges.
Old Jun 11th 2016, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Johnnyone.
Old Aug 1st 2016, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

marialuciagandia is an unknown quantity at this point

I would avoid Oliva if you are worried about dodgy areas..... Oliva is by far a cheaper town and has lots of undesirable areas..... gandia as a whole is quite fine but I have to agree with the other person who said that a cheap flat will be in a run down block... Id say avoid most flats under 100k
Gandia is a fab town and has everything you need.
Many thanks Johnnyone.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by marialuciagandia View Post
I would avoid Oliva if you are worried about dodgy areas..... Oliva is by far a cheaper town and has lots of undesirable areas.....
That is not the Oliva I recognise.
I have a house in the town and an apartment on the beach and have never experienced any problems.
Obviously there must be exceptions (I have not met them!) but the people as a whole could not be nicer.