Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gandia somewhere near,flat and a bus service

Gandia somewhere near,flat and a bus service

Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of
Default Gandia somewhere near,flat and a bus service

So, we have made our first visit.

For the next visit we want to be a little more focussed and avoid places that are beautiful but impracticable, cheap but isolated, Barx etc.

Already had some help from Spain (many thanks) but wonder if there is anyone else out there who can assist.

Gandia is great as far as we are concerned and seems to be the ideal place to be based near, or in - but then again we do want a smallish garden to sit in, not just a courtyard or terrace.

There is also a chance that we may look at Zativa again but only if the area we look at has a bus connection to the town.

After looking at all the agents ads on the various websites its re-assuring to know that near can be 10 to 15 kilometers away. I only hope my GPS doesn't think that's good enough ( I know it cannot think - but at times I wonder)

Talking of GPS, my software for around Oliva up to Zativa was not as good as I would have wished. What is currently the most accurate insofar as maps, Igo 2006 was duff and Navigon 6 maps were worse. An Estate Agent I met said he thought Tom Tom 6 or Route 66 were best at the moment.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gandia somewhere near,flat and a bus service

Originally Posted by Justlookin
So, we have made our first visit.

For the next visit we want to be a little more focussed and avoid places that are beautiful but impracticable, cheap but isolated, Barx etc.

Already had some help from Spain (many thanks) but wonder if there is anyone else out there who can assist.

Gandia is great as far as we are concerned and seems to be the ideal place to be based near, or in - but then again we do want a smallish garden to sit in, not just a courtyard or terrace.

There is also a chance that we may look at Zativa again but only if the area we look at has a bus connection to the town.

After looking at all the agents ads on the various websites its re-assuring to know that near can be 10 to 15 kilometers away. I only hope my GPS doesn't think that's good enough ( I know it cannot think - but at times I wonder)

Talking of GPS, my software for around Oliva up to Zativa was not as good as I would have wished. What is currently the most accurate insofar as maps, Igo 2006 was duff and Navigon 6 maps were worse. An Estate Agent I met said he thought Tom Tom 6 or Route 66 were best at the moment.
Had you looked at Pego?