Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Gama International-Property Exhibition

Gama International-Property Exhibition

Old Apr 26th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gama International-Property Exhibition

Gama International who build/sell houses on the Costa Blanca held an exhibition this last weekend in the North of Bristol in a place called Aztec West.
My wife and I went and had a look and we were quite impressed with what they showed us. No hard sell and some of the detached properties, especially the type with the garage underneath the property, were really really nice.
I'm not to sure about the prospect of buying in Costa Blanca as I have heard some real horror stories about crime and rubbish left in the streets.
We have never visited the Costa Blanca, does anyone have any first hand experience about the coast or indeed about gama at all please?
TIA
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

dougie V is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gama International-Property Exhibition

property exhibitions are all well and good, but use them purely to give yourself an idea of what you can get for your money. if you are serious about buying a property overseas then my advise is to take some time off and check out the areas yourself.....don't go and look at property, just check the areas out. i do find it amazing that so many people buy a property "on the spur of the moment" when they have 3 or 4 days in an area as when they go on an "inspection trip". afterall, you are spending alot of money, and surely it is worth investigating the area properly first. i don't know about gama, but there is 1 thing that is for sure, they sell property, and that is what they are out to achieve at the end of the day, so many may seem all nicey nicey when you go to the exhibition, but the whole point of the exhibition is to generate clients, and to get you down here to sell you a property, so please just keep your head screwed on, and your wallet in your pocket if you decide to come down. play them at their own game and use them in your search for information, and if you feel that you have found an area that you like, then concentrate your efforts on that area. As far as the costa blanca, personally it is not for me, it has undergone major developement for the last 20 years and is now very built up, more like little england in alot of places as a majority of the urbanisations are english owned, but just because it's not for me doesn't mean it's not for you, so like i say come down and have a look and do your homework. If you want something a bit more spanish then i recommend checking out costa almeria, mojacar is loverly, that particular area is not over developed, and they have build restrictions in place so they cant build above 3 storeys, unlike costa blanca....costa de la luz is supposed to be loverly too, (i haven't been) but i have been informed that it does get vey windy down that way. costa del sol....very built up too...not for me

well i hope that has helped a little and like i say...just do your research
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

ohh i forgot to mention... i used to work for medsea :scared: (estate agents) so i have got a little bit of background knowledge on how these things work
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Hi TAD
I live inland from the coast blanca, in a Town called Sax, it is so pleasent here and not overdeveloped at all, the town is clean and the townsfolk are a real treat to spend time with, there is hardly any crime and people care about the foringer, and try to intergrate us into the community.

I have lived here for just over two years now and fine going to the coast a bit of a chore I only visit when we have guests over for a holiday, and then under duress, If I were you I would come over to Spain on a holiday and hire a car meet up with some people that you can meet on these fourms and get them to show you around.

I wish you good hunting and all the best of luck if you are intending to move to Spain.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:30 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in La Sella, Costa Blanca. Lovely area near to both Javea and Denia. If you're looking at the CB then defo head north. The South CB is a bit of a dump.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies everyone.
We have looked around most of the CDS but intend to look around west and east to see what town we like first.
WE are a bit of a way away from buying anything but all of your kind advice is noted and stored away for future reference.
Costa Almeria eh.
North Costa Blanca, thanks.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We went on an inspection visit with Gama to CB - at the time everything they were involved with was South CB.

Clearly they wanted to push their new developments and the commission only salespeople don't want to let you out of their sight, although we managed to escape for a day to find out that their resales department tried to sell us a townhouse for £15000 more than the local agent wanted for it.

:scared:
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

exactly...it is disgusting, and that is why i was happy to stop working with the likes of them companies, i found it a disgrace that someone could do something like that, that's why i say do the research, it could potentialy save thousands. the fact is that new build (off plan) prices are dictated primarily by the builder, and the builder pays better commisions to these companies as they have so many people on inspection trips, but normally the new build price is the same for all estate agents, when it comes to resale, the estate agent determines the price, and this can vary dramatically from the big companies to the small agents.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

We went on an inspection visit with Gama to CB - at the time everything they were involved with was South CB.

Clearly they wanted to push their new developments and the commission only salespeople don't want to let you out of their sight, although we managed to escape for a day to find out that their resales department tried to sell us a townhouse for £15000 more than the local agent wanted for it.

:scared:
Thanks for the insight.
Did you buy anything in the end and if so, who from please?
Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Gama International-Property Exhibition

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Thanks for the insight.
Did you buy anything in the end and if so, who from please?
Hi

To save you from a long and boring story - went back to various parts of Spain - eventually bought in Costa Del La Luz, - didnt go on any UK organised inspections.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Spanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really niceSpanishliferules is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cptnemo
Hi

To save you from a long and boring story - went back to various parts of Spain - eventually bought in Costa Del La Luz, - didnt go on any UK organised inspections.

Yes that is the way to do it. Here here.

Most UK people will do the Inspections and nothing wrong with this at all, but obviously the rep's need to sell. (Not quite like the old time-share thing). If you undertake a sales inspection wherever it may be, you are thinking of buying. You will have min + max budgets in mind, and if you see something you like and it falls within these parameters, you will buy simple easy. BUT BE AWARE, on these trips you haven't had time to explore the area in depth, crime rates, traffic, nationalities, Restaurants (except the ones chosen for you) you will feel pressure about rising prices, last minute deals and all that. Just step back, come home, look at these threads what are people are saying, positive y negative. Go back in your own time and look. Prices are not going up to the extent you think overnight.

Best of luck. for all of you searching

John.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

So who does one buy from please?
Doesn't everyone go through a big developer?
CDLL does interest me except all I can find is apartments.
My research continues
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
So who does one buy from please?
Doesn't everyone go through a big developer?
CDLL does interest me except all I can find is apartments.
My research continues
When you buy from a developer or through a real estate agent in Spain don't forget they get commission and thats in the price you are buying at, these can range from 5%-12% hence why some properties are quite high. Get the spanish papers and buy direct from the spanish if you can. Often when you are driving around you will see the houses or appartments for sale with a telephone number on them. Drive around and also spend some time in the areas you decide you like, both in the tourist season and also out. It will give you a better idea of areas and what they are like. One tip though is don't trust expats generally and then you won't get ripped off or disappointed. They can be a bit like vampires when they smell fresh blood on the block.
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:08 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
When you buy from a developer or through a real estate agent in Spain don't forget they get commission and thats in the price you are buying at, these can range from 5%-12% hence why some properties are quite high. Get the spanish papers and buy direct from the spanish if you can. Often when you are driving around you will see the houses or appartments for sale with a telephone number on them. Drive around and also spend some time in the areas you decide you like, both in the tourist season and also out. It will give you a better idea of areas and what they are like. One tip though is don't trust expats generally and then you won't get ripped off or disappointed. They can be a bit like vampires when they smell fresh blood on the block.
Good advice.
Old May 17th 2005, 10:46 am
Just Joined

vic93uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I wonder if you could perhaps help a little. I recently (last week) came back to the UK after visiting Vilena and the surrounding villages with a view to purchasing a property there.

I'm just a little concerned that the local "Estate agents" pad the prices out a bit with high, built-in commissions for themselves. Any reputable companies you could put me in touch with, as the areas around seem lovely. Also some advice on the do's and don'ts of buying an inland property, ie, build quality tips to look out for, particularly concerned about the single block construction types of house I tended to see over there, cos I think they could be cold and wet in the Winter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vic

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hi TAD
I live inland from the coast blanca, in a Town called Sax, it is so pleasent here and not overdeveloped at all, the town is clean and the townsfolk are a real treat to spend time with, there is hardly any crime and people care about the foringer, and try to intergrate us into the community.

I have lived here for just over two years now and fine going to the coast a bit of a chore I only visit when we have guests over for a holiday, and then under duress, If I were you I would come over to Spain on a holiday and hire a car meet up with some people that you can meet on these fourms and get them to show you around.

I wish you good hunting and all the best of luck if you are intending to move to Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.