Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Galicia or Cadiz area

Galicia or Cadiz area

Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:09 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galicia or Cadiz area

Originally Posted by marisol
I'm sorry but i don't agree with you at all
Sorry it is just our opinion based upon several visits. This link does not help either.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrol
But please let us know what we have missed about the city.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Sorry it is just our opinion based upon several visits. This link does not help either.
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrol
But please let us know what we have missed about the city.
Hello Casa Santo Estevo
it is not about if you are right or not, is the way you have said that, when i had just said that i was from Ferrol. I think you could be a little more polite, at least i think so.
If you want to know what you have missed about Ferrol, i can tell you, for instance, that is the place in where you can eat the best percebes (and not perceberos as you said once). Anyway, i don't intend to convince you of visiting Ferrol, not at all
Old Mar 27th 2008, 5:07 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marisol
Hello Casa Santo Estevo
it is not about if you are right or not, is the way you have said that, when i had just said that i was from Ferrol. I think you could be a little more polite, at least i think so.
If you want to know what you have missed about Ferrol, i can tell you, for instance, that is the place in where you can eat the best percebes (and not perceberos as you said once). Anyway, i don't intend to convince you of visiting Ferrol, not at all

Percebes...mmmm. We have been saving all we can so that when we visit Spain in May we can have some. I'ts only been about 20 years for me.

If we it the lotto we will try angulas.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Percebes...mmmm. We have been saving all we can so that when we visit Spain in May we can have some. I'ts only been about 20 years for me.

If we it the lotto we will try angulas.
Hello ironporer
If you try to eat them out of Galicia, the price is prohibitive. The price in this part of Spain is high but you can give you the luxury. They are very expensive because it's very dangerous to capture them. The best ones are in the rocks in where the waves hit stronger, there are people that have died trying to capture them. Nevertheless, angulas are prohibitive because there are very few. I am very lucky because i don't like angulas, although if i liked them i couldn't eat either
Old Mar 27th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Both Seas look very Atlantical COLDDDDD to me! Compared with the ??? that we will be in on Sunday!!!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:43 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So we are staying finally in an apartment in the centre of Santiago about 100 meters from the Cathedral, and touring from there.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I'll post some pics after we've been
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 9:55 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you are really staying at the Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos.

If you have not got parking then the nearest car park is here. The long grey building. The cp is underground above is the dropping off point for tourist coaches. The old centre is traffic free, except for taxi, deliveries etc.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...00545&t=h&z=18
Quite expensive if you pay per day.
When eating out stay away from the tourist restaurants in the old quarter. They are not bad just you should find better value for money in other areas.

We will watch out for a yellow man and a woman with blue hair if you avatar is anything to go on!

Last edited by Casa Santo Estevo; Apr 2nd 2008 at 9:58 am. Reason: added more info about the car park
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 10:03 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I bet you are really staying at the Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos.

If you have not got parking then the nearest car park is here. The long grey building. The cp is underground above is the dropping off point for tourist coaches. The old centre is traffic free, except for taxi, deliveries etc.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...00545&t=h&z=18
Quite expensive if you pay per day.
When eating out stay away from the tourist restaurants in the old quarter. They are not bad just you should find better value for money in other areas.

We will watch out for a yellow man and a woman with blue hair if you avatar is anything to go on!
We are staying in Square Plazaruela San Miguel ....... I wondered if parking would be a problem, looking at it on google earth. Is there any road parking slightly away from the centre near there?
Old May 11th 2008, 9:22 am
Senior Moment

Just back from a week in Galicia
will post up full report and pics a bit later but got to sort through 100 or so pics!

Fantastic area, beautiful countryside and really friendly people.
Old May 11th 2008, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Just back from a week in Galicia
will post up full report and pics a bit later but got to sort through 100 or so pics!

Fantastic area, beautiful countryside and really friendly people.

Glad you enjoyed the area. The weather was quite good for you too, that was until Thursday when we had a bit of rain. But the rain was not only in Galicia we understand.
Old May 11th 2008, 1:30 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Glad you enjoyed the area. The weather was quite good for you too, that was until Thursday when we had a bit of rain. But the rain was not only in Galicia we understand.
We have no rain in Chiclana
Old May 11th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispy
We have no rain in Chiclana
Nor in Lancs. Been great for a few days now... however, started thundering and lightning in the last half an hour.. no rain yet though.
Old May 11th 2008, 2:19 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Nor in Lancs. Been great for a few days now... however, started thundering and lightning in the last half an hour.. no rain yet though.
Hiya Debs
Did you have the thunder storm last night - must have been right over us - it was heart stoppingly loud lol
Have you ever been to the Funny Girls show in Blackpool - well it was quite interesting lol - fantastic makeup and clothes - they banned all the girls with cleveges hahaha said we couldnt come in lol - good night out with the right people i would imagine
Take care chick - gotta go help lay the floor - again xxxxx
Old May 11th 2008, 4:36 pm
Senior Moment

Dont turn my Galicia thread into another weather thread
Old May 11th 2008, 4:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Dont turn my Galicia thread into another weather thread
You've changed you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.