Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Galicia or Cadiz area

Galicia or Cadiz area

Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Galicia or Cadiz area

Originally Posted by crispy
Same beach as chiclanagirl posted but taken just as the sun had set, number 2 grand-daughter running along the beach.
Nice pic .... please tell me that wasn't taken recently
(People in the sea)
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Nice pic .... please tell me that wasn't taken recently
(People in the sea)
What's the matter with you lived in Spain so long that you've gone soft?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
What's the matter with you lived in Spain so long that you've gone soft?
You wanna swim in the sea in February??
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

You wanna swim in the sea in February??
Were made of hardy stuff down here in Chiclana, kids were swimming in the sea two weeks ago, it's been a wee bit windy lately there's been a risk of being blown over to Morrocco

Last edited by crispy; Feb 17th 2008 at 10:56 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:44 pm
Senior Moment

Were made of hardy stuff down here in Chiclana, kids were swimming in the sea two weeks, it's been a wee bit windy lately there's been a risk of being blown over to Morrocco
Do you have to cover your body in lard to stop the cold?
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:47 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Do you have to cover your body in lard to stop the cold?

No I have enough of my own, I can send you some
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:51 pm
Senior Moment

No I have enough of my own, I can send you some
Spreading the Lard? Thats very generous of you. But as I dont intend to go anywhere near the sea or my pool until at least May, possibly April, I'll decline the offer
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

elgallego is an unknown quantity at this point

Got some friends coming over in April for an annual tour .... last year we just stayed local here but this year we are thinking of going to one of the above

So whats where and how good is it?
Probably be the Atlantic coast in Galacia as my neighbours told me all about it, but I know nothing about the Cadiz / Sevilla area
well as a Gallego I have to say Galicia is well worth the visit. The people are inceredibly freindly and the food is out of this world. The architecture is very different to the south. Of course part of me wants to say nothing I don't know if I want more tourist tramping around the province. But I jest. please visit Galicia it is so beautifull and green and welcoming. April is a great time to go . There are some great spas and hotels in historical buildings. Go on do something diferent visit a part of Spain which is trully magical and deffinately not over expolited. you'll find the welcome very warm I'm sure.

Cheers
Old Feb 27th 2008, 9:40 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by elgallego
well as a Gallego I have to say Galicia is well worth the visit. The people are inceredibly freindly and the food is out of this world. The architecture is very different to the south. Of course part of me wants to say nothing I don't know if I want more tourist tramping around the province. But I jest. please visit Galicia it is so beautifull and green and welcoming. April is a great time to go . There are some great spas and hotels in historical buildings. Go on do something diferent visit a part of Spain which is trully magical and deffinately not over expolited. you'll find the welcome very warm I'm sure.
Cheers
Why, thank you for your personal invitation ... my next door neighbour is a fellow Gallego and he says the same things
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:14 pm
Senior Moment

The choice is made .... it is Galicia
Now I just have to work out where to go!!!

My friends arrive at the airport at 9.30 at night, so thats the first challenge as I will have driven for 9 or 10 hours to get there to meet the plane and then find wherever it is I have found nearby to stay!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Galicia is beautiful. Very green and lush. La Coruna is a lovely city with plenty to see and do. There is the marina, the lighthouse (which you can climb - from the inside, of course-but it is very windy. There are good beaches and plenty of restaurants. Some lovely walks. We are going for 3 weeks in August. Santiago is great too - the Catedral is something else!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:39 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm biased towards the Medina Sidonia (think Armada), Vejer and Conil triangle of white towns on hilltops.

The beach at Conil is pretty damn good, Medina is an old white hilltop town with a roman part, and Vejer is a major destination for Spanish tourists, so it can't be all bad.

You can walk almost the whole length of the Costa de la Luz on wide, clean, sandy beaches.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:43 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I'm biased towards the Medina Sidonia (think Armada), Vejer and Conil triangle of white towns on hilltops.

The beach at Conil is pretty damn good, Medina is an old white hilltop town with a roman part, and Vejer is a major destination for Spanish tourists, so it can't be all bad.

You can walk almost the whole length of the Costa de la Luz on wide, clean, sandy beaches.
Ahh, you didn't read my post did you
We've chosen Galicia this time
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:49 pm
Senior Moment

So those of you up there
They have expressed interest in seeing the Cathedrals & Architecture of the area so what are the must see things up there?

Thanks for mentioning La Coruna & Santiago DebsyW
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:07 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I started to write it before you posted, I think, and got interrupted.

Have a good time while you are there! You can try the barnacles. They look like post mortem specimens, but I'm told they are great.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.