Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is this the Future

Is this the Future

Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

simon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to allsimon2129 is a name known to all
Default Is this the Future

Mrs King and I have just returned from what can only be described as a very wet sodden walk along the promenade at Fuengirola .After about 58 minutes of walking with no conversation Mrs King turned to me ,droplets of rain dripping of her North Face hood ,her cheeks radiating a glow from the wind and she said CHEESE.Iwas moved by her comment and wondered is cheese the future.Thank You in anticipation I love you all JuJu and Mrs King xxxxxx
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:48 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this the Future

[QUOTE=simon2129;8404679]Mrs King and I have just returned from what can only be described as a very wet sodden walk along the promenade at Fuengirola .After about 58 minutes of walking with no conversation Mrs King turned to me ,droplets of rain dripping of her North Face hood ,her cheeks radiating a glow from the wind and she said CHEESE.Iwas moved by her comment and wondered is cheese the future.Thank You in anticipation I love you all JuJu and Mrs King xxxxxx[/QUOTE

Should this post be the first in a section called "doubts and questions about the English language?

Could some native English speaker kindly translate the above post for me???

Is cheese the future? if so what kind of cheese? Cheddar, Danish Blue?

I will lokk forward to your answers coz I dont have a clue.....
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:51 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Just had fondue, does that help?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 8:56 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Just had fondue, does that help?
I dont know bil, is fondue the future? I was looking for guidance from a native speaker like yourself.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

maybe it's - "Who moved my Cheese" by Dr Spencer Johnson - actually this is a really good book about how to deal with change
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tolly
maybe it's - "Who moved my Cheese" by Dr Spencer Johnson - actually this is a really good book about how to deal with change
Of course, that must be the answer, thank you very, very much Tolly....

It is all as clear as mud to me now....
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:45 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
I dont know bil, is fondue the future? I was looking for guidance from a native speaker like yourself.
I'm not a fluent cheese speaker, I'm afraid.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Elementry dear juju.
The lady would obviously much prefer a bit of smoked Wensleydale any day of the week, to a wet walk on a grubby old seafront.
Next time forget the prom,..head off to Carrefour,...let the lady indulge herself to her hearts content at the cheese counter,,....and henceforth experience all your wildest fantasies coming true.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:27 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Should this be in The Netherlands forum????
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Should this be in The Netherlands forum????

More like neverneverlands
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:38 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
More like neverneverlands
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Elementry dear juju.
The lady would obviously much prefer a bit of smoked Wensleydale any day of the week, to a wet walk on a grubby old seafront.
Next time forget the prom,..head off to Carrefour,...let the lady indulge herself to her hearts content at the cheese counter,,....and henceforth experience all your wildest fantasies coming true.
Shouldn't that be 'Emmental dear juju'
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by raddickle
Shouldn't that be 'Emmental dear juju'

Cheesus Christ, havent we had enough of cheesy jokes.......
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Cheesus Christ, havent we had enough of cheesy jokes.......
There've certainly been a grate many.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:27 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fionamw
There've certainly been a grate many.
Yes, I have had my PHILLy of them...............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.