British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   furniture stores/or packages? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/furniture-stores-packages-871064/)

Issy23 Jan 21st 2016 3:10 pm

furniture stores/or packages?

HELP

Hi finally moving to Orihuela Costa, Las Ramblas and we need to organise in kitting out the place. Any advice please as to where we can buy furniture or furniture packages. Arriving this weekend to look at shops. Thank you

Tadd1966 Jan 21st 2016 3:54 pm

Re: furniture stores/or packages?

Would strongly advise against furniture packs, they are often designed for holiday lets and don't last.
Shop around and take your time plenty of good stores but quality can vary
Go online and search to check out prices
Garcia's in Torrevieja (they have 3 stores) are good for most things
White goods - so many to choose Euronics, Carrefour, Al campo etc etc
Ikea in Murcia
Local stores
For me most important is a good bed and mattress
Final tip have the same attitude you have when shopping in UK and think about quality and how long you want it to last etc.

Rosemary Jan 21st 2016 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Issy23 (Post 11844180)
HELP

Hi finally moving to Orihuela Costa, Las Ramblas and we need to organise in kitting out the place. Any advice please as to where we can buy furniture or furniture packages. Arriving this weekend to look at shops. Thank you

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

missile Jan 24th 2016 3:30 am

I agree with Tadd. Would you buy a furniture package in the UK?
I would also recommend Hon Garcias. Muebles Hnos. Garcia They can supply all that you need, including white goods. Delivery and fitting is prompt and free. Should you have a problem, their after sales is excellent.
If you want more choice, Almoradi is knick named by locals as the city of furniture shops.
I would not recommend Carrefor or Ikea, stack em high and sell em cheap! However, each to their own.

Issy23 Jan 24th 2016 5:24 am

Originally Posted by missile (Post 11846349)
I agree with Tadd. Would you buy a furniture package in the UK?
I would also recommend Hon Garcias. Muebles Hnos. Garcia They can supply all that you need, including white goods. Delivery and fitting is prompt and free. Should you have a problem, their after sales is excellent.
If you want more choice, Almoradi is knick named by locals as the city of furniture shops.
I would not recommend Carrefor or Ikea, stack em high and sell em cheap! However, each to their own.

Thx good advice

Tadd1966 Jan 24th 2016 9:55 am

missile is spot on
Carrefour - white goods and electrical but after sales service is poor
Media Markt - white goods and electrical better after sales service
Local stores and independents have better after sales but you pay a little more
Ikea - your style / choice Garcias - delivery and fitting is free on most (but not all) items over 100€ after sales is excellent
Anything but furniture packages
Take your time shop around
Some UK companies also deliver to Spain free but after sales may be a problem

Issy23 Jan 24th 2016 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tadd1966 (Post 11846511)
missile is spot on
Carrefour - white goods and electrical but after sales service is poor
Media Markt - white goods and electrical better after sales service
Local stores and independents have better after sales but you pay a little more
Ikea - your style / choice Garcias - delivery and fitting is free on most (but not all) items over 100€ after sales is excellent
Anything but furniture packages
Take your time shop around
Some UK companies also deliver to Spain free but after sales may be a problem

Found home style to be very helpful. Went for local several stores feel very happy with the items. Thx again. Agree with carrefor ok for small items but not for good quality items.