Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fuerteventura V Mainland Spain

Fuerteventura V Mainland Spain

Old Sep 29th 2016, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Blue seas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuerteventura V Mainland Spain

Pro and cons of buying house and retiring to either Fuerteventura or Mainland Spain ??
Old Sep 30th 2016, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fuerteventura V Mainland Spain

Originally Posted by Blue seas
Pro and cons of buying house and retiring to either Fuerteventura or Mainland Spain ??
Don't rush to buy in either, rent first for a short term and then you will have a clearer picture. Personally Fuerteventura too far, mainland Spain loads of wonderful options.
Old Sep 30th 2016, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Spain 10 to 12 % property tax
Fuerteventura 6 %
Spain cold in winter
Fuerteventura warm
Spain has lots of crime
Fuerteventura basicly very little

Spain average beachs
Fuerteventura beaches amazing
Old Oct 1st 2016, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Bo S is an unknown quantity at this point

Spain 10 to 12 % property tax
Fuerteventura 6 %
Spain cold in winter
Fuerteventura warm
Spain has lots of crime
Fuerteventura basicly very little
Spain average beachs
Fuerteventura beaches amazing
Spain - Cheaper food, beer and properties
Fuerteventura - More expensive
(Home win)
Spain - El Mediterreneo warm
Fuerteventura - warm
(Draw)
Spain - Crime relative to a population of 47 million
Fuerteventura - Crime relative to a population of 105,000
(Draw)
Spain - Wonderful clean beaches
Fuerteventura - Wonderful clean beaches
(Draw)

Score: Spain 1 - Fuerteventura 0
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:10 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Purchase tax in the Canary Islands 7%, diesel 79 cents a litre, internal flights and ferries, throughout Spanish territories, up to 70% discounts for residents of the Canary Islands.

However if you are looking for work go elsewhere, here where I live we have 40% unemployment.

Also if you are a frequent traveller to the U.K. it is a 4 hours flight.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Fuerteventura £1 a pint in places. Beaches just amazing. Christmas day worst temp is 15c Spain can drop to around 5 to 8 c.
Old Oct 1st 2016, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boseley
Purchase tax in the Canary Islands 7%, diesel 79 cents a litre, internal flights and ferries, throughout Spanish territories, up to 70% discounts for residents of the Canary Islands.

However if you are looking for work go elsewhere, here where I live we have 40% unemployment.

Also if you are a frequent traveller to the U.K. it is a 4 hours flight.
Exactly all these concessions as few Spaniards want to live there.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

At one time we were thinking of opting for a holiday home in the Canaries.
We decided on mainland Spain.

My reason was access. If there is an airline crises, I prefer to have the option of road travel. I consider my investment to be less vulnerable on the mainland.

No other reason for me.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 10:36 am
Just Joined

Is, there, still a, land grab problem in Spain ? I hear they can take your land, build on it when ever they like in mainland spain ?
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 10:49 am
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lutonlad
At one time we were thinking of opting for a holiday home in the Canaries.
We decided on mainland Spain.

My reason was access. If there is an airline crises, I prefer to have the option of road travel. I consider my investment to be less vulnerable on the mainland.

No other reason for me.
I used to know a couple together with their cats and dog, who used to drive from Scotland to one of the smaller Canary Islands, they travelled at a slow pace at the beginning of Autumn and returned to Scotland in the Spring. They used to take about 2 weeks each way, this included three ferries and the journey across Iberia, France and England.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

A ferry from Spain to canary islands ??? Not a cruise ship?
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:07 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, they go from Cadiz

Ferry a Cádiz - Barcos y Ferries a Cádiz al mejor precio.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

215 euros from cadiz to las Palma's with car. So would las, Palma's have ferry to fuerteventura ?
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:14 pm
Herreño

A ferry from Spain to canary islands ??? Not a cruise ship?
Yes of course, one ferry, sails from Huelva, weekly I believe, returns full to the gunnels with tropical fruit, which we export.

Cruise ships, umpteen in the winter months, tourists from the frozen Europe and the Americas, seeking the Canary island sunshine.
Old Oct 2nd 2016, 12:17 pm
Herreño

215 euros from cadiz to las Palma's with car. So would las, Palma's have ferry to fuerteventura ?
Several most days I believe, both Fred Olsen and Armas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.